Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: boxing judges

What Emanuel Augustus fight did Teddy Atlas lose it when the judges score were announced?

One of the few times I agree with an atlas rant.

But you are right Walrus, this topic still burns us as fans.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    What Emanuel Augustus fight did Teddy Atlas lose it when the judges score were announced?

One of the few times I agree with an atlas rant.

But you are right Walrus, this topic still burns us as fans.
    Think that was the first fight with Courtney Burton. One of the worst jobs you'll see by a ref also. Teddy fookin blew up all over anything near and confronted commission official and judge Absolutely great tv. Say what you want about Atlas, the man oozes passion

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Indeed. There are so many factors at play from outright stupidity to announcers yelling about punches that are not there within ear shot of these people. Sometimes its not just a matter of not knowing what a 10 point must system is based on but I'm convinced many dont really know what a scoring punch is. In addition some of the homer calls are simply off the charts. They either grabbed some person off a corner or the person was outright bought by a few days in a hotel with some benefits. One can only imagine what those benefits would be in higher profile fights.

The distractions at ringside need to be taken out of the equation to ensure focus at the task at hand. I think they should remove the judges from ringside and give them the same views that we get in separate sound proof booths if necessary. They need to punt open scoring to the curb in this process. Its just silly. They should also force many of these celebrity judges into retirement that seem to know where their supper hangs. Bring in actual boxing judges from other countries with shorter notice with names picked out of a hat.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    There is so much inconsistancy in officiating Some Judges sometimes turn in ludicrous horrendous scorecards yet nothing is done others get punished
    EG.. CJ Ross scored Floyd-Canelo 114-114 & gets fired for it
    Dave Moretti turns in 118-110 in Floyd- Pac? Ignored

Many judges who turn in these ludicrous cards have been judging for years & obviously must know what they are doing which is why they look suspect & corrupt. A fighter puts his life on the line every time he climbs in the ring he at least should be able to expect a fair fight & an honest decision every time Sadly many do get the that

118-110 in Floyd-Pacquiao is a defensible score, Manny did dick all in that fight and only had a couple of moments. 114-114 in Floyd-Canelo is a complete joke, the two cards are night and day and anyone who isn't a cheerleader knows that.

Do you HONESTLY think Mayweather won 10 rounds to 2 in that debacle?? No way in hell. He did Nothing but run & hold for 12 rounds. Even his own trainer/father told him he was losing the fight because he was fighting scared. Manny was seriously injured fighting in pain he had an excuse Mayweather was caught pre fight CHEATING!! getting illegal excessive saline drips why did he need to cheat. I think we all know the real answer to that question
    Do you honestly feed and dress yourself? Say you're right, MAnny was injured and Floyd cheated, is that supposed to change the way it was scored? I didn't like the way Floyd fought, thought he could have done a lot more, but the fact is Manny did even less in almost every round. I believe I had it 9-3, so I can easily see a 10-2 score. You could count the significant punches Manny landed in the whole fight on one hand. What did you score it, 10-2 for Manny?

I actually scored it 115-113 to Mayweather. It was a hard fight to score Pacquaio tried to make it a fight but Mayweather ran & held as usual. With one fighter injured & the other caught red handed cheating the whole thing was a rip off
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Thread Information