Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kovalev vs Ward in the fall of 2016?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kovalev vs Ward in the fall of 2016?

Kathy Duva is rearranging Kovalev's schedule to make it happen. Saw in on ESPN app. Big fight Ward has been wanting. Hope it happens, but there is plenty of negotiating involved. Definitely worth the wait in my opinion.
    Oh yeah, almost forgot, who wins?

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kovalev vs Ward in the fall of 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Kathy Duva is rearranging Kovalev's schedule to make it happen. Saw in on ESPN app. Big fight Ward has been wanting. Hope it happens, but there is plenty of negotiating involved. Definitely worth the wait in my opinion.
    Oh yeah, almost forgot, who wins?
    I wanted Ward to get Golovkin first, before moving up and disposing of Kovalev.

Andre Ward has cleared out his division and literally has no one of worth to fight in his weight class. He is an undefeated pro and former Gold medalist.

When is the last time he even lost a fight at any level ?

Andre Ward would kill Kovalaev and later on the "haters" will strip him of the credit he deserves anyway. Ward would make Kovalev look as effective as Canelo looked against Mayweather.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So excuse my ignorance, but "The Fall of 2016" is 12 months away , right? So what do they do for the next year? I can totally see Kovalev staying busy and mopping up any LHW's put in front of him in the meantime.
    But what about Ward? Are we gonna have another year of inactivity? After all, like people have said, he's cleaned out the SMW's, so who's he gonna fight? He's fast turning into a fucking joke.
    And before anyone starts labelling me a "Hater", I think Ward would win. I also think Ward would beat GGG. And I like listening to him as an analyst.
    But for fucks sake let's hear about some fights now, not in 12 months!!!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight if it happens, but I agree that saying in a year is just hoping as much as anything. Why not now? Ward has nothing planned, neither does Kovalev and really his last fight doesn't even count as activity. Stevenson won't fight him and really wouldn't have a prayer anyways imo, there is no better opponent for either and no better time than soon/next.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HBO is still negotiating a contract with ward which is why the fight isn't happening right now. Supposedly, if all goes well, Ward will fight at LHW on the undercard of canelo/cotto then fight another time next year in the spring then fight kovalev. If this fight does happen, it will be huge. Perhaps the top 2 p4p fighters.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    HBO is still negotiating a contract with ward which is why the fight isn't happening right now. Supposedly, if all goes well, Ward will fight at LHW on the undercard of canelo/cotto then fight another time next year in the spring then fight kovalev. If this fight does happen, it will be huge. Perhaps the top 2 p4p fighters.
    He won't be fighting on the Canelo/Cotto undercard. If he fights in the spring, who does he fight and at what weight? He'll probably fight at LHW to get on point at the weight above. Surely then, he would either have to give up his SMW title or be stripped.
    Then we have the possibility of the #1 p4p not even being a current World Champion .

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why can't ward get fights?!

What is going on with this guy.

He should have went with AL Haymon..

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Why can't ward get fights?!

What is going on with this guy.

He should have went with AL Haymon..
    Yep not going with Haymon was a big mistake. Not sure what he was thinking? Proably money without thinking of the long term. I hope this fight is made. I think Ward will struggle with Kovalev in what will be a very close fight.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    He won't be fighting on the Canelo/Cotto undercard. If he fights in the spring, who does he fight and at what weight? He'll probably fight at LHW to get on point at the weight above. Surely then, he would either have to give up his SMW title or be stripped.
    Then we have the possibility of the #1 p4p not even being a current World Champion .
    I dont think he deserve the P4P number 1 spot at the moment. Beating Kovalev then yes but hes dominated a weak division. I think there are smaller guys that deserve to be ahead of him in the P4P rankings. Id also think Wlad has as much of a case to the number 1 spot as Ward does (which isnt much of a case)

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward would never "kill" Kovalev.

Ward is the new Mayweather who will outbox the top level opponents but never stop them unless they are weight drained.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I dont think he deserve the P4P number 1 spot at the moment. Beating Kovalev then yes but hes dominated a weak division. I think there are smaller guys that deserve to be ahead of him in the P4P rankings. Id also think Wlad has as much of a case to the number 1 spot as Ward does (which isnt much of a case)
    Ward dominated a weak division? I think Ward beat some tough 168 pounders in Froch, Abraham, and Kessler. Ward is going to remain extremely difficult to beat and one of the most versatile and well rounded fighters ever. I don't understand why so many r turned off by him and his style....

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So excuse my ignorance, but "The Fall of 2016" is 12 months away , right? So what do they do for the next year? I can totally see Kovalev staying busy and mopping up any LHW's put in front of him in the meantime.
    But what about Ward? Are we gonna have another year of inactivity? After all, like people have said, he's cleaned out the SMW's, so who's he gonna fight? He's fast turning into a fucking joke.
    And before anyone starts labelling me a "Hater", I think Ward would win. I also think Ward would beat GGG. And I like listening to him as an analyst.
    But for fucks sake let's hear about some fights now, not in 12 months!!!
    Read the article my friend, Google it. Kovalev will be fighting in January 2016.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is good news if they can get it done. Pony up HBO. Have a fight to get used to the weight and then take on the man. Really no other option after GGGs manager said "maybe in 2017". Maybe in 2014, maybe in 2015, maybe in 2017. Once they started skipping years in their maybes it was all too clear. If Ward stays inactive F him, if he fights Kovalev in the fall then we have a real show.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward has just been a disappointment because he has been so inactive. So much talent yet has greatly diminished what could have been an epic career which will probably end up being a really good one.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It do not give a hoot when they fight as long as they get together in the ring in 2016. I like both of these guys, it's a big fight, they are both prime, and they both look to be unbeatable depending who you are talking to.
    I've waited longer for less exciting fights than I think this one is going to be! Ward is probably thinking this is his breakout fight so he might do a little extra. I have no idea what goes on in Kovalev's mind but I know he is a winner.
    It's all good y'all, all good! Put on your happy faces!!

Thread Information