Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default James DeGale v Lucian Bute

James DeGale happy to give Lucian Bute home advantage.

James DeGale is happy to face Lucian Bute on his home turf next month because he is “too good” for the former holder of his IBF super-middleweight title.

DeGale has taken the unusual step of conceding home advantage when making the first defence of his belt against fellow southpaw Bute in Quebec, Canada on November 28.

However, the Londoner insists his career path is on a different plane to the man who won the IBF title in 2007 and defended it nine times before Britain's Carl Froch relieved him of it in Nottingham in 2012.

The 2008 Olympic champion, whose sole professional defeat in 22 fights was to bitter domestic rival George Groves, is confident he can end the career of a fighter who was dismantled by Froch inside five rounds.

"You can see what kind of man I am; I'm going to Canada to give Lucian Bute a chance to box for my world title," said DeGale.

"The way I'm feeling, I'm in top shape, it's going to be hard to beat me. My journey is just starting, his is coming to an end.

"I want the big fights, I want to unify titles. First I have to beat Bute and he wants his old belt back. [But] I'm too young, too fresh, and too good. Much too good."

Bute has struggled to convince in his three fights since losing his undefeated status to Froch and was handed his second defeat in 34 fights by Jean Pascal up at light-heavyweight in January 2014.

good. Much too good."

Bute has struggled to convince in his three fights since losing his undefeated status to Froch and was handed his second defeat in 34 fights by Jean Pascal up at light-heavyweight in January 2014.

"Last time I was here I lost my title in 2012 but that is in the past," said Bute, who has since switched trainers to Howard Grant.

"I have a new team behind me and I will become a world champion again. This is big for me because I had this belt for five years. On November 28 I get it back.

"Thanks to James for the opportunity. I have never lost in Quebec City - I will be the new
    world champion."

James DeGale happy to give Lucian Bute home advantage | Boxing News | Sky Sports
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James DeGale v Lucian Bute

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DeGale beats Bute UD
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DeGale beats Bute by knockout. I always was a big Bute fan, but he hasn't looked the same since Froch. I just don't see how he beats a streaking Chunky, who seems to have really hit his stride. To me, it's a perfect fight for DeGale and a dumb fight for Bute. If you are Bute, why not go after Badou Jack? Or how about Groves in Montreal? DeGale though? I'm going to go on the record right now and say Sam Watson will be in DeGale's corner.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight has gone under the radar for obvious reasons. Why the funk a British "world" champ is defending in Canada - at four in the morning, for Brits - funk knows? (it's a rhetorical question, I know it's about Al Haymon's dosh)

I think Degale is the best supermiddle in the world (now that Ward has left). Bute hasn't looked the same since getting a hiding from Froch. Since then he's had just three fights in three years which includes a non-effort loss against Jean Pascal. However, Bute is at home, was able to prevent himself from getting chinned against Pascal, and DeGale is not exactly Julian Jackson, although he's a decent clumper.

Being away from home if DeGale doesn't iron Bute (Evens) then the "robbery" for Bute to win on PTS is 9/1 - DeGale to win on PTS is 6/4.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've gone for Bute by KO for some reason

Still not sold on DeGale. Doesn't do anything particularly great. I fancy Bute is going to have a swansong here. Everything stacked in his favour. DeGale is good but he's not an aggressive animal like Froch or Pascal. Bute will be able to get his work done and again for reasons I don't quite know I've picked him to stop DeGale, late.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    This fight has gone under the radar for obvious reasons. Why the funk a British "world" champ is defending in Canada - at four in the morning, for Brits - funk knows? (it's a rhetorical question, I know it's about Al Haymon's dosh)

I think Degale is the best supermiddle in the world (now that Ward has left). Bute hasn't looked the same since getting a hiding from Froch. Since then he's had just three fights in three years which includes a non-effort loss against Jean Pascal. However, Bute is at home, was able to prevent himself from getting chinned against Pascal, and DeGale is not exactly Julian Jackson, although he's a decent clumper.

Being away from home if DeGale doesn't iron Bute (Evens) then the "robbery" for Bute to win on PTS is 9/1 - DeGale to win on PTS is 6/4.
    In the Predictions League, I've put Degale on Pts, because that's what should happen really. But I really do have a sneaky feeling that Bute at home with his crowd might have enough to do it. Factor in that Degale is a lazy fucker and might not be looking like he's winning rounds. I never realised that a Bute pts win was such a high price, I'm seriously considering having a bet on that.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A little irony in Degale looking the same way at the Bell centre as Bute did in Nottingham. I wonder if then, Degale will be dismished as smoke and mirrors like Bute was?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Calzaghe made an interesting point, he said De Gale will get better and probably winded himself against Dirrell to win the title as he did against Eubanks.

De Gale may get better.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thinking DeGale will step up and make a showcase of it. Not a bad card, Alvarez v Chilemba should provide fireworks! Eleider Alvarez is serious trouble last fight and needs to relax.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Thinking DeGale will step up and make a showcase of it. Not a bad card, Alvarez v Chilemba should provide fireworks! Eleider Alvarez is serious trouble last fight and needs to relax.

Is it the same chilemba who fought bellew? If so I doubt it will be fireworks

I'd forgot degale bute was on
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DeGale is likely favorite, but I hope he gets knocked out.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

Yes im hoping horse face gets chinned also.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

Yes im hoping horse face gets chinned also.
    DeGale comes across a bit like Khan as a spoiled cocky olympian, and you are right, he does look a bit like a horse. At least Khan is always funny/fun to watch. I find DeGale a bit dull and I don't understand people who have two capital letters in their family name.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Degale should but win but must win by KO.

8th round

Thread Information