Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mickey Vann: "Klitschko’s place in history is stronger than Mayweather’s"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mickey Vann: "Klitschko’s place in history is stronger than Mayweather’s"

He regularly comes out with complete and utter bollocks.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Mickey Vann: "Wladimir Klitschko's place in history is stronger than Floyd Mayweather's"

"If we consider Floyd Mayweather, a very intelligent boxer, as one of the greatest of modern times then we must also give Wladimir Klitschko, who has ruled at heavyweight for many years, at least the same credit.

Unlike Mayweather he hasn’t moved up and down in weight, nor has he fought exclusively on home turf. He has fought many times in America – as well as Germany – while he’s also fought in Switzerland and Russia. Lamon Brewster beat him in Germany eleven years ago, as did Corrie Saunders before that. He has had 67 fights and only lost three of those; the metal toughness exhibited to come back from defeat and prove himself time and again is something Mayweather has not done. And like Mayweather, Klitschko makes special fighters look ordinary.

Perhaps Mayweather is the slicker fighter, but Klitschko’s place in history should be regarded as highly, if not higher. Very few champions – Floyd included – have dominated their divisions like Wladimir. If one of my sons asked me who he should use as a role model between Floyd (rarely boxed out of Las Vegas) Mayweather and Wladimir Klitschko it is a no-brainer.

It looks like Klitschko’s fight with Tyson Fury will now take place on November 28. I don’t for one minute think his injury that caused the postponement is in any way a smoke screen, but I do believe the Klitschko camp are apprehensive, and I think this has been the case ever since the fight was announced.

I understand that the Klitschko team insisted on a return clause in the contract and the return to be in Germany before the contracts would be signed – this for me is not the actions of a team full of confidence.

However, credit to the fighter for taking on Fury in the first place and yet again fighting the best he could; this could not always be said of Mayweather."

I like Mickey Vann but is he on drugs here?

Mayweather has faced THE best in multiple divisions and has never really come close to losing, the fact is that nobody has been good enough to beat him.

Floyd has dominated multiple divisions not just one.

Yes Floyd since the Mosley fight has rarely gone on the offensive in more than a few bursts during a fight but he hasn't had too at his age.
    I said to a few of my mates after the Pac fight "Floyd isn't in there to stick his chin out and let himself get hit to entertain anybody, it's down to the opponent to be good enough and clever enough to nail him and win"

I'm not a huge fan of Floyds recent fight Post Hatton/De La Hoya/Mosley but before that and before he got a bit older he was devastating on the attack.

I think maybe the Gatti fight was Floyd at his most potent and he was on fire that night.

I don't think they can even be mentioned in the same breath personally
    Tyson Fury would not be a threat to Floyd Mayweather if they were in the same division. Somehow this guy says Wlad is so great, yet Tyson Fury of all people is a serious threat!?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahahaha and to think he has used that same judgement to score fights. Christ.

Fair play to him though. He has somehow convinced himself that dominating one really poor division is more impressive than moving up and down and beating Hall of Famer after Hall of Famer.

Hilarious

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Vann is wrong and has no right to say that but just shows how weak Floyd's legacy really is.
    It only seems weak when it is analysed by someone who knows absolutely nothing about boxing.

However you want to dress it up, he has beaten,

Carlos Hernandez, Gennaro Hernandez, Jesus Chavez, Castillo, Corrales, Gatti, Hatton, Judah, Mosley, Maidana, Cotto, De La Hoya, Guererro, Canelo, Marquez and Pacquiao.

I don't know how anyone can say that is 'weak'

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mickey Vann: "Klitschko’s place in history is stronger than Mayweather’s"

who gives a fuck

floyd mayweather is a complete bell end and wlad klit is the worst HW champ of all time when it comes to interestingness

can we not talk about something else?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Vann is wrong and has no right to say that but just shows how weak Floyd's legacy really is.
    It only seems weak when it is analysed by someone who knows absolutely nothing about boxing.

However you want to dress it up, he has beaten,

Carlos Hernandez, Gennaro Hernandez, Jesus Chavez, Castillo, Corrales, Gatti, Hatton, Judah, Mosley, Maidana, Cotto, De La Hoya, Guererro, Canelo, Marquez and Pacquiao.

I don't know how anyone can say that is 'weak'
    Gennaro Hernandez retired after the fight so was past it, Castillo could have gone either way and close, Hatton and Marquez was not a welterweight, Judah lost his previous fight, Oscar, Shane, Cotto and Manny were too old, other names are not worth putting on your legacy.

Lets see how good Canelo is.

I give you Corrales as his only signature fight
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information