Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Leon Spinks is the 23rd Greatest HW of All Time

Leon Spinks is the 23rd greatest heavyweight voxer of all time. He won the gold medal for the United States of America in Montreal. He defeated Muhammad Ali quite soundly the first time and was one of the youngest heavyweight champions of all time after Floyd Patterson and Mike Tyson. Leon Spinks defeated mama dolly in the rematch. I scored the fight three times and have Spinks winning buy one or two points each time. The only heavy weights that can be ranked higher than him in the all-time rankings are Jack Johnson Jack Dempsey Joe Lewis Rocky Marciano Sonny Liston Joe Frazier George Foreman Ken Norton Larry Holmes Vitali Klitschko Earnie Shavers Evander Holyfield Lennox Lewis Mike Tyson Floyd Patterson Max Schmeling gene Tunney riddick bowe Jersey Joe Walcott and Ezzard Charles

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Leon Spinks is the 23rd Greatest HW of All Time

Joe Louis not Lewis
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Joe Louis not Lewis
    You know my microphone malfunctioned

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Joe Louis not Lewis
    You know my microphone malfunctioned
    It must have done to have Leon that high.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again I need explanations of your criteria because you mention him winning the gold as if that adds to a legacy. But you have Vitali listed as above Leon but not Wladimir. But Wladimir won the gold, Vitali did not. Wladimir became a unified HW champion, Vitali never unified. Wladimir also has far more HW title victories. There is no basis where Vitalis resume reaches Wladimirs so what criteria did you use to decide this?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Again I need explanations of your criteria because you mention him winning the gold as if that adds to a legacy. But you have Vitali listed as above Leon but not Wladimir. But Wladimir won the gold, Vitali did not. Wladimir became a unified HW champion, Vitali never unified. Wladimir also has far more HW title victories. There is no basis where Vitalis resume reaches Wladimirs so what criteria did you use to decide this?
    High-profile fights. Leon Spinks fought the greatest of all time Muhammad Ali 2 times in his career. Leon Spinks also battled the second greatest of all time Larry Holmes. Leon Spinks had far more high-profile fights then flatamir bitchCo. Spank beat Muhammad Ali twice. He also fought Gerrie Coetzee. Muhammad Qawi. Alfredo Evangelista. I can give you several more examples but these are just some of them

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    High-profile fights. Leon Spinks fought the greatest of all time Muhammad Ali 2 times in his career. Leon Spinks also battled the second greatest of all time Larry Holmes. Leon Spinks had far more high-profile fights then flatamir bitchCo. Spank beat Muhammad Ali twice. He also fought Gerrie Coetzee. Muhammad Qawi. Alfredo Evangelista. I can give you several more examples but these are just some of them

I'm asking how you can rank Vitali above Wladimir? Wladimir had the far better amateur career and professional. It's one thing to rate Vitali higher, ratings are subjective. But to rank Vitali higher makes no sense.

But also, Leon was 1-3 intitle fights. To suggest he hadfar more high profile fights is just trolling. It's not close enough to true to be good trolling but it is trolling.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 11-02-2015 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

trolling. what a characterization and an insult to Leon Spinks. Vitali's perpfrmance trading blows toe to toe against Lennox proves how much higher he is ranked than the coward Wladimir, if you cant see that you havent spoken to boxing writers all around the world like I have.

Thread Information