Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: drinking alone on the worst possible night of the week, why do I always do it???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default drinking alone on the worst possible night of the week, why do I always do it???

So I had a few drinks with me mom n dad on Friday and yesterday I was almost willing myself to have a drink but ended up drinking coffee and eating ham sandwiches, today though, Sunday the day before I need to face another week at work I've ended up drinking 6 cans and now I'm looking at the Rum.

Why the fuck didn't this overwhelming urge to get pissed hit me yesterday so I'd have time to recover

The mind boggles

Also my Sunday dinner has gone out of the window and I'm just going to have steak on a plate

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: drinking alone on the worst possible night of the week, why do I always do it???

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    So I had a few drinks with me mom n dad on Friday and yesterday I was almost willing myself to have a drink but ended up drinking coffee and eating ham sandwiches, today though, Sunday the day before I need to face another week at work I've ended up drinking 6 cans and now I'm looking at the Rum.

Why the fuck didn't this overwhelming urge to get pissed hit me yesterday so I'd have time to recover

The mind boggles

Also my Sunday dinner has gone out of the window and I'm just going to have steak on a plate
    I think k you are beginning to realize life sucks, drink up.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: drinking alone on the worst possible night of the week, why do I always do it???

I feel you, i starring at a bottle of wine!

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is your brains way of keeping you sharp. It has learned to reward good decision making with the timely reminder that we don't always get it right and is tripping you up for your own good. I hate getting up on Monday morning whether I am hung over or not
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its crazy, Friday night I could have gone out with my mates, Saturday I could have had a pleasent tipple on my own, but no, I decide to get fucking mullered the day before I go back to work.

It makes no sense at all, ah well, what am I to do in a situation like this other than embrace it, who am I to deny my own fucked up calling.

I do the same thing during the week as well, every now and again I just lose the plot and get mullered on a Thursday night as well, there aint no rhyme or reason I just feel the need to fuck up my Friday by getting pleasently hammered at home.

I think a large part of it could be the fact that I dont like people

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Drink tea I could have 20 mugs a day, SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTT TEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The urge may have hit you because the work week is closer. The dread . Watch that drinking alone in the middle of the week stuff as some exceptions become routine Instead of looking forward to 6 cans settle on one quality tall mixed drink.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have only recently started a new job, its ten times better than where I was before, it is still work though, whatever way you look at it I would still prefer to be sat at home scratching my bollocks eating a big orrible bacon sarnie whilst watching my man Jezza of the Kyle, but work aint all that bad.

The most annoying thing is that I'm hammering a good bottle of rum that cost me £40

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fucking fish fingers, fucking things, I thought 'yeah I know, a fish finger fucking sandwixh will go down pretty well' so's I set everything up and my fish fingers aint cooked, I kick the over and punch the grill and tell it to sort itself out again, nah it still aint working, fucking fish fingers, I gotta go check make sure they are finally dead.

I'm gunna eat the fucking things now weather they make me bad or not fuck em, fucking little fish

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

they seemed alright, I'm guunna get myself to bed now and listem to Beethovenths 6th to chill myself out a bit

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Batman

I am getting a real kick out of this thread bro you are having you are a one man show all by yourself there tonight with your fish fingers in your room it is cool I can picture your situation and you're doing great bro you're doing all anybody can do not not such a bad thing to be drinking rum. 40 pounds seems to be quite a bit though for a bottle of rum my wife brought back two bottles of good rum called El Dorado 12 year aged rum El Dorado rum from Guyana

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know exactly how you feel Batman. Humans are ill creatures and you are very sick too.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I know exactly how you feel Batman. Humans are ill creatures and you are very sick too.
    Humans are a kind of rejected genetic configuration of tertiary chromosomal combinatory nonsense. Hard to believe we could even be half demigod or even a quarter extraterrestrial

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Humans are a kind of rejected genetic configuration of tertiary chromosomal combinatory nonsense. Hard to believe we could even be half demigod or even a quarter extraterrestrial
    It's mad. Then you find out all your heroes were drunk too and you wonder if anything written in human history was ever written free of a mind altering substance. Humans find it very difficult to live with the self and on a subconscious level that is what all the drinking is about. A sick self and a sick society. Permanent unease and nobody really wanting to go to work, but all tied in nonetheless and so drunkenness is permitted as the system would collapse without it.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    It's mad. Then you find out all your heroes were drunk too and you wonder if anything written in human history was ever written free of a mind altering substance. Humans find it very difficult to live with the self and on a subconscious level that is what all the drinking is about. A sick self and a sick society. Permanent unease and nobody really wanting to go to work, but all tied in nonetheless and so drunkenness is permitted as the system would collapse without it.
    drunkenness is the glue that sticks the workers to their work for the AD NAUSEUM RIDE that lasts from 18 until retirement at 65 or so.

Thread Information