User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cotto vs canelo score cards ?

Share/Bookmark
    Addicted to_boxing Guest

I had it 7 rounds to 5 but could have easily given more to Canelo. Another boring fight promoted as a "war". I think Cotto's past is what hurt him. A warrior came to fight as a dancing fairy. Welcome to world of Mexican stereo typing. No Mexican fighter has ever been able to win rounds jabbing and back peddling the majority of a fight and none will ever seems only black fights are able to get away with that crap.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto vs canelo score cards ?

I think Canelo won about 10 rounds i do not see how Cotto would get rounds missing puches while going backwards i mean if he was out landing and hitting harder i coudl see it but he was not. Canelno was dodging most of what Cotto through at him and landing big body shots which think people are underrating really. Canelo has beaten Trout, Lara, Kirkland and Cotto now he cleaned out alot of the top guys and his defense is getting way better. I am pretty high on ggg but if he can not hurt Caleno who seems to have very good chin he might be in some shit with the Ginger and for every saying they are worried about Canelo facing him well the man faced everyone worth a shit thats his weight. I see some negative stuff on the guy but he has done nothing but face the best and win most of the time what else you want from him.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    I had it 7 rounds to 5 but could have easily given more to Canelo. Another boring fight promoted as a "war". I think Cotto's past is what hurt him. A warrior came to fight as a dancing fairy. Welcome to world of Mexican stereo typing. No Mexican fighter has ever been able to win rounds jabbing and back peddling the majority of a fight and none will ever seems only black fights are able to get away with that crap.
    So a Mexican man fights a Puerto Rican man and you feel the need to belittle the accomplishments of black men? That's sad, what the hell is wrong with boxing fans? Every day with nonsense like this, pathetic, absolutely pathetic. I think I've reached my limit with this nonsense. Nobody wants to simply acknowledge the truth, everything is a BS narrative, say it enough times and it's the truth right? Sad fucking state this world is in.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    So a Mexican man fights a Puerto Rican man and you feel the need to belittle the accomplishments of black men? That's sad, what the hell is wrong with boxing fans? Every day with nonsense like this, pathetic, absolutely pathetic. I think I've reached my limit with this nonsense. Nobody wants to simply acknowledge the truth, everything is a BS narrative, say it enough times and it's the truth right? Sad fucking state this world is in.

In all fairness, it wasn't only black men. In one short, ignorant post, he managed to belittle black fighters, Puerto Rican fighters, and homosexuals. It takes a certain amount of "talent" to be able to do that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The scorecards were definitely De La Hoya-esque. Nonetheless, Canelo won the fight decisively, although he did fatigue toward the end of many rounds. I thought that was very obvious. He really needs to work on his stamina if he plans on hanging in there with heavier guys.
    Last edited by Sleepwalker; 11-24-2015 at 05:21 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the fight, first impressions I thought Canelo won fairly handily, probably by about 6 rounds. Way too big and strong , pretty ironic seeing as he was the LMW and Cotto was the MW!
    Mind you, Canelo will steer well clear of GGG, he's tailor made for him. If Canelo walks GGG Down like he did and throw those heavy hooks and uppercuts, without using a jab , there is no doubt he would walk into a World of trouble. I say KO inside 4 rounds.
    Finally, I have to say , Cotto's Missus! What the fuck is that?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think 9-3 or 8-4 for Alvarez is about right.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know if Canelo is tailor made for GGG i mean he was making Cotto miss a shit tone and he way faster then GGG. It is going to come down to can GGG hurt Canelo because if he can not he is fucked i have yet to see ginger hurt and his defense is much improved.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    I don't know if Canelo is tailor made for GGG i mean he was making Cotto miss a shit tone and he way faster then GGG. It is going to come down to can GGG hurt Canelo because if he can not he is fucked i have yet to see ginger hurt and his defense is much improved.
    Canelo is unable put on an onslaught of punches without getting tired at the end of rounds.

He needs to start doing roadwork up in Big Bear.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand that Canelo is durable at LMW and that's mainly because he is a MW. But he does get tagged, and there isn't a fully blown MW that GGG has hit that has been able to withstand it.
    Naturally we won't know till it happens. But the reason I said within 4 rounds, is because if he comes forward as much and as aggressively with Canelo As he did with Cotto without using a jab to set it up, he will take a lot of power punches, and it might be a short night.
    I might be doing Canelo a disservice and it may go the other way, but I don't think so.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well the thing i have seen is Canelo has mad adjustments most of the time when he is fighting and has beaten some tough names. GGG has not faced anyone that is the same caliber as Canelo who will have the speed and boxing ability over him and if he cant hurt him he is fucked.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well the thing i have seen is Canelo has mad adjustments most of the time when he is fighting and has beaten some tough names. GGG has not faced anyone that is the same caliber as Canelo who will have the speed and boxing ability over him and if he cant hurt him he is fucked.
    Without wanting to labour the point, I don't think Canelo has more boxing ability than GGG. They do things different , but it is who is most effective.
    For instance , Canelo has good power, but loads up big time and that leaves him open. Whereas GGG generates a hell of a lot of power without loading up too much, far more economical. Also , Canelo's footwork is poor in my opinion, and although GGG isn't a dancer, the way he closes the space is second to none.
    Anyway, that's my opinion, although I'm certainly no coach! 😄

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Canelo's power is overrated. Fuckin Mayweather hurt Cotto more than he did.

No if Canelo fights GGG then he gets destroyed.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxnation only gave BT sport 11 rounds so I do not know what happened in round 10.

I scored it 7-5 rounds to Canelo. The fight was not exciting, there was a lot of blocking, moving and feints but very little landing. Cotto was trying to outbox Canelo and Saul was loading up too much.

I do not want to see a rematch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information