Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big win for Fury and for BOXING!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad had always had a size advantage, this time he was facing a opponent, bigger and stronger than himself.
    Fury just beat him at his own game,! Wlad may not have been at his best, but Fury was better, it was a good win , I was thinking he was going to be robbed, in
    Germany but far play the score cards, were a about right.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Big win for Fury and for BOXING!!

It was blatantly obvious Wlad prospered because of his size advantage. His punch variety has always been pathetic. Jab, left hook, right hand. That's it.

I agree the best thing about last night is we hopefully never have to watch the most boring heavyweight champion in history ever again. Please join Floyd in retirement.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    It was blatantly obvious Wlad prospered because of his size advantage. His punch variety has always been pathetic. Jab, left hook, right hand. That's it.

I agree the best thing about last night is we hopefully never have to watch the most boring heavyweight champion in history ever again. Please join Floyd in retirement.

I had some mates over for this last night and we all agreed after that the Heavyweight division has now gone full circle and with the amount of good young fighters coming through we are not far off the good old days again!
    Fury v Joshua is MASSIVE
    Fury has just totally changed everything in the Division!

i had two bets on both winning in the 12th round and another of Wlad winning in 3 so just missed out on a big payout
    Rare trip to the bookies for me

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah out with old in with the new.

This is terrific for heavyweight boxing. I hope Wlad sees sense and doesn't enforce the rematch clause. Just fuck off and let the new boys have their time.

For the record - AJ irons Fury inside three rounds

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    I'm not sure why Banks was telling Wladimir to stay low. I get that that was to get Fury to over commit but that's counter puncher territory.

Wlad needed some good old fashioned head control, pull down, step round and throw.
    if he was being patient to wait to throw the right hand coming forward he could have stepped back and looked to make fury commit by counter punching, he could have also maybe thrown an uppercut or two whenever he lurched in, head down but he didn't. Fury didn't do much but Wlad even less, he threw that away rather than Fury taking it.
    You don't sound happy. I try to tell everybody Tyson was going to win.
    I'm unhappy to see talent thrown away. He gave away his titles instead of fighting for them. Don't know if everyone was seeing the same stream as me, brother was not happy early on in the fight, he could see it, for whatever reason Wlad couldn't or wouldn't make he adjustments, suspect they were banking on him to stop jigging about the ring.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Wlad looked lost before the fight and in the ring his face was beaten. Wlad wants a rematch. Why bother?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is terrific for heavyweight boxing. I hope Wlad sees sense and doesn't enforce the rematch clause. Just fuck off and let the new boys have their time.

Want a leave the site bet with me?
    @Fenster

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Was it a good fight,much action or not?
    Definitely not a good/exciting fight in the classic sense! I imagine the Brits thought it was very good after the 5th and 6th when it became apparent how the fight was going to end. The last two rounds were the best of fight, in my opinion, as Wlad abandoned his cautious approach and landed a few punches.
    Overall, a sizzling dud! The old axiom, styles make fights, was never more apparent or truthful than in this fight.
    Fury came with the right plan, good luck to him during his reign.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    FINALLY!! And end to the most boring heavyweight boxing reign in the history of the sport!!
    I would've preferred to see Wlad on his ass... but I'm satisfied with the total UD win by Fury.
    It's a win for boxing for the following reasons:

1. Fans were becoming accustomed to yet another Wlad boring win. It was almost automatic. Hence the lack of interest in the division.

2. Wlad's fear of getting hit finally became exposed. I've been trumpeting this since well..... for a few years now.... and it finally was on display for all to see. Wlad faces a guy as big as him, and fights like he's got his right hand tied to his face.

3. It'll now open up the division for one of several things: a Fury-Wlad rematch (who knows.... Wlad may even come to fight this time), Fury-Wilder, and any other assorted matchups that theoretically can now be made now that the big china-chinned bum is out of the way.

Fantastic!!
    This is good for boxing because Batman is more beatable than Wlad and the belts will change hands more often?
    This is good for boxing because Batman will fight 3 or 4 times a year? I doubt it, negotiations take too long these days and he does have a family.
    This is good for boxing because Batman is a more exiciting fighter than Wlad? Not if he fights like he did against Wlad! Batman beat Wlad at his own game.
    This is good for boxing because Batman is an even bigger guy than Wlad and everybody loves to see big fighters beat smaller fighters? The bigger the better!!
    This is good for boxing because Batman has the odds makers doubting themselves and it's good to see the underdog win?
    This is good for boxing because Tyson Fury brought the Heavyweight Championship back to the UK where it all started? Yeah, I can agree with that!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll go so far as to say Wlad should apologize to his fans. Thank goodness I'm not one of them. To be a staunch supporter of Wlad (ie: Lyle), and be presented with that atrocious lack of effort. To be a diehard fan of Wlad's.... and be faced with the fact that every criticism leveled at Wladimir Klitschko is not only true, but probably understated. To defend Wlad at every turn, only to see him turn in a pathetic effort which trumps all other pathetic efforts he's ever had......

Well.... the correct thing for Wlad to do would be to make a public apology to his fans.
    Then retire.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll go so far as to say Wlad should apologize to his fans. Thank goodness I'm not one of them. To be a staunch supporter of Wlad (ie: Lyle), and be presented with that atrocious lack of effort. To be a diehard fan of Wlad's.... and be faced with the fact that every criticism leveled at Wladimir Klitschko is not only true, but probably understated. To defend Wlad at every turn, only to see him turn in a pathetic effort which trumps all other pathetic efforts he's ever had......

Well.... the correct thing for Wlad to do would be to make a public apology to his fans.
    Then retire.
    Give Fury some credit, I do not think any other heavyweight could make Wlad look that bad including Wilder or Joshua.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Then retire.
    Give Fury some credit, I do not think any other heavyweight could make Wlad look that bad including Wilder or Joshua.

All credit to Fury. Other than Povetkin and Jennings, he's the only opponent I can remember who didn't go into the ring already defeated. Scared of Wlad almost as much as Wlad himself was scared of getting hit on the chin. Kudos to Fury for humiliating Wlad on the world's biggest stage..... the boxing heavyweight championship of the world.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then retire.

All credit to Fury. Other than Povetkin and Jennings, he's the only opponent I can remember who didn't go into the ring already defeated. Scared of Wlad almost as much as Wlad himself was scared of getting hit on the chin. Kudos to Fury for humiliating Wlad on the world's biggest stage..... the boxing heavyweight championship of the world.
    Also doing it in Germany against 60,000 fans with all the devious actions Wlad was trying on Fury such as the soft canvas, gloves and wraps.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Want a leave the site bet with me?
    @Fenster
    I watch fights every week, at every level, in every weight-class, from everywhere in the world. I don't just follow a few favourite fighters. So, that would be a bad bet for me. I'll stick to putting real money where my mouth is.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then retire.
    Joshua would have left him kipping faster than Sanders did.

Thread Information