Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last win by any fighter better than this for Fury.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last win by any fighter better than this for Fury.

Upsets make the boxing world go around and you dig below the easy to know, top names and such, we can find a lot as big as this when put into perspective. An undefeated world ranked fighter who is being called the "next" so and so is the dominate monster in the eyes of some unheralded journeyman who is shipped in to fall over but refuses and takes the biggest win of career. It just happened last night. Just my opinion I spose. In p4p surprises, maybe Randall v Chavez? Randall came out of drug rehab and had been KO'd prior...he wasn't even ranked. While Chavez had received shady draw with Whitaker and close run with Taylor, he was still very dominate and riding p4p top rank for years. He was also known for rock chin without being sparked few times prior

One that always gets me is Orlando Canizales v Sergio Reyes 1. Sure..on paper Canizales was declared "winner"...in his hometown...but anyone who saw that knows he lost. Again, p4p ranked and coming in with what? 14,15 defenses? Reyes had all of 10 professional fights and had faced absolutely noooo one of substance. He won that fight

Not to dump on your bwoy man, I may not care for his style but he has joined a long line of guys who defy the odds, shove it in the face of establishment and proceed to dump the boxing world on its fat thick head. All the while laughing like a loon and earning every bit of it. Gotta love that!!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Haye is in a very interesting place.

He would never beat Wlad so now he has a better chance against Fury and wilder.

Haye has timed this perfectly.
    Youv got to be joking!

Haye couldnt do anything with Wlad and didnt win a round. Wlad couldnt do anything with Tyson amd was lucky to win a round!

You have just seen why Haye ran twice!

Hes been out 4 years? Hayes in a bad place in his own head. Tyson has just eclipsed Haye whole career with this one win!

These people.....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wins by any fighter better than this for Fury since 1990 (that I can think of):

Holyfield Vs Bowe (fight 2)

Holyfield Vs Tyson (fight 1)

Foreman Vs Moorer

Griffin Vs Jones (fight 1)

Barkley Vs Hearns (fight 2)

Little Vs Nunn

Benn Vs McClellan

Toney Vs Nunn

Forrest Vs Mosley (fight 1)

Randall Vs Chavez (fight 1)

Barrera Vs Naseem

Pacquiao Vs Barrera

Johnson Vs Jones

Tapia Vs Romero
    Last edited by Britkid; 11-30-2015 at 07:09 AM.
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Fury won fair and square , and I may pick other fighters to defeat him ,however one thing I won't do again is take anything away from his achievement .
    He deserves to earn big money however long his reign lasts , he hadn't fought anybody until last night and now he is the champ.
    Can't think of a bigger win for a while.
    Again well done Ross and well done to the new champ.
    Right Al, thankyou!

I wanst being a fan boy or anything like that. I could see his qualities and could see past his physique, talk and background.

Like I said, Liston v Clay!!

There is no win bigger than this at any weight since Douglas beat Tyson. Let that sink in.

The other heavyweight greats have no better win, Lewis, Holyfield. Nor do Mayweather and Pacquiao have a better win! Roy Jones, Oscar De La Hoya, none of them!

Tyson is getting better to!
    Like Al says, it was a massive achievement and he deserves to be where he is. Like Al, I may not choose him to beat every HW out there, but until somebody proves any different, he is the No.1 in the division.
    However, the reason you're calling it a bigger victory than the Mayweather, DLH, etc.etc. is because all those proven greats were never as big an underdog because everybody knew they were top class. Tyson did fantastic last night, but there's a long way to go.
    I've seen most of the fight now (too bored to watch it all tbh) and I thought it was a superb performance by Fury compared to the rest of his career, and it's not his fault that the first 9 rounds were like Grounhog day. I struggled to give Klitschko any rounds really, I just don't think he could work Fury out, really poor.
    That is full credit to Fury.
    Got nothing to do with being an underdog.

Name me one win as good as this on anyone elses record since Douglas?

Who has beaten a unified fighter who had been so dominant for so long?
    Of course it's got something to do with being an underdog.otherwise why would you mention Douglas?
    I mean, I could turn around and say "will Fury have a similar career to Douglas?"
    In reality, Wlad is probably the only champ to lose his title after having held it for 11 years in recent times, so obviously it's about being long odds!
    Was it a great performance-Yes
    Was it better than Hatton's v Tzsyu?
    Was it better than Honeyghan v Curry?
    Was it better than Benn v McLennan?
    So is it about Great Performance or is it about the odds?
    Tszyu is the closest and maybe equal but Tszyu fought in London, not Oz or Russia. I did actually use this as an example of why you shouldnt all be writing Tyson off along with Clay v Liston.

McClellan was in his first fight at super middle against Benn and was never unified at middle.

Curry? I did say after Douglas v Tyson.
    Ok , but the question is so loaded
    " Last win by any fighter better than this for Fury.
    Im interested to know if any other fighter from any weight has had a better win than this since Douglas v Tyson where such a longstandng, dominant, P4P best, future great, unified champion has been beaten so emphatically in his own back yard."

It's like saying "has there ever been a bigger supporter of Fury that lives in Guernsey and name begins with R and ends with S and has an O and another S in it?
    How about,
    Pac beating Barrera?
    Bradley beating Pac?
    Marquez beating Pac?
    Cotto beating Martinez?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Upsets make the boxing world go around and you dig below the easy to know, top names and such, we can find a lot as big as this when put into perspective. An undefeated world ranked fighter who is being called the "next" so and so is the dominate monster in the eyes of some unheralded journeyman who is shipped in to fall over but refuses and takes the biggest win of career. It just happened last night. Just my opinion I spose. In p4p surprises, maybe Randall v Chavez? Randall came out of drug rehab and had been KO'd prior...he wasn't even ranked. While Chavez had received shady draw with Whitaker and close run with Taylor, he was still very dominate and riding p4p top rank for years. He was also known for rock chin without being sparked few times prior

One that always gets me is Orlando Canizales v Sergio Reyes 1. Sure..on paper Canizales was declared "winner"...in his hometown...but anyone who saw that knows he lost. Again, p4p ranked and coming in with what? 14,15 defenses? Reyes had all of 10 professional fights and had faced absolutely noooo one of substance. He won that fight

Not to dump on your bwoy man, I may not care for his style but he has joined a long line of guys who defy the odds, shove it in the face of establishment and proceed to dump the boxing world on its fat thick head. All the while laughing like a loon and earning every bit of it. Gotta love that!!
    Im not talking about big upsets.

Im saying who has beaten any other fighter as dominant as Wlad.
    Last edited by ross; 11-30-2015 at 06:54 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid View Post

Foreman Vs Moorer

Barkley Vs Hearns (fight 1)

Little Vs Nunn

Benn Vs McClellan

Toney Vs Nunn

Barrera Vs Naseem

Pacquiao Vs Barrera

Johnson Vs Jones

Tapia Vs Romero
    Now whittle that down to who was unbeaten and defending champ at that weight for 9 years and had unified!
    Last edited by ross; 11-30-2015 at 06:57 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury won fair and square , and I may pick other fighters to defeat him ,however one thing I won't do again is take anything away from his achievement .
    He deserves to earn big money however long his reign lasts , he hadn't fought anybody until last night and now he is the champ.
    Right Al, thankyou!

I wanst being a fan boy or anything like that. I could see his qualities and could see past his physique, talk and background.

There is no win bigger than this at any weight since Douglas beat Tyson. Let that sink in.

The other heavyweight greats have no better win, Lewis, Holyfield. Nor do Mayweather and Pacquiao have a better win! Roy Jones, Oscar De La Hoya, none of them!

Like Al says, it was a massive achievement and he deserves to be where he is. Like Al, I may not choose him to beat every HW out there, but until somebody proves any different, he is the No.1 in the division.
    However, the reason you're calling it a bigger victory than the Mayweather, DLH, etc.etc. is because all those proven greats were never as big an underdog because everybody knew they were top class. Tyson did fantastic last night, but there's a long way to go.
    I've seen most of the fight now (too bored to watch it all tbh) and I thought it was a superb performance by Fury compared to the rest of his career, and it's not his fault that the first 9 rounds were like Grounhog day. I struggled to give Klitschko any rounds really, I just don't think he could work Fury out, really poor.

Of course it's got something to do with being an underdog.otherwise why would you mention Douglas?
    I mean, I could turn around and say "will Fury have a similar career to Douglas?"
    In reality, Wlad is probably the only champ to lose his title after having held it for 11 years in recent times, so obviously it's about being long odds!
    Tszyu is the closest and maybe equal but Tszyu fought in London, not Oz or Russia. I did actually use this as an example of why you shouldnt all be writing Tyson off along with Clay v Liston.

McClellan was in his first fight at super middle against Benn and was never unified at middle.

Im interested to know if any other fighter from any weight has had a better win than this since Douglas v Tyson where such a longstandng, dominant, P4P best, future great, unified champion has been beaten so emphatically in his own back yard."

It's like saying "has there ever been a bigger supporter of Fury that lives in Guernsey and name begins with R and ends with S and has an O and another S in it?
    How about,
    Pac beating Barrera?
    Bradley beating Pac?
    Marquez beating Pac?
    Cotto beating Martinez?
    No your not reading.

Which of those was beating the best in the world and champ for 9 years and unified? None of them were as dominant in their division as Wlad was at heavy.
    Last edited by ross; 11-30-2015 at 07:00 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hasim Rahman Ko of Lennox Lewis. Did any mention this one?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Hasim Rahman Ko of Lennox Lewis. Did any mention this one?
    Lewis was only a champ for 5 years when Rahman knocked him out

Also, Wlad has been facing his mandatories unlike Lewis who dumped the IBF to avoid Byrd.
    Last edited by ross; 11-30-2015 at 07:03 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman Vs Moorer

Little Vs Nunn

Benn Vs McClellan

Toney Vs Nunn

Barrera Vs Naseem

Pacquiao Vs Barrera

Johnson Vs Jones

Tapia Vs Romero
    Now whittle that down to who was unbeaten and defending champ at that weight for 9 years and had unified!
    Bowe, Moorer, Jones, Nunn, Mosley, Chavez and Naseem were all unbeaten generally recognized ('unified') defending world champions in their divisions when they lost. And Jones, Mosley and Chavez were in the debate for the finest fighter on the Planet at the time of their defeats...
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman Vs Moorer

Little Vs Nunn

Benn Vs McClellan

Toney Vs Nunn

Barrera Vs Naseem

Pacquiao Vs Barrera

Johnson Vs Jones

Tapia Vs Romero
    Bowe, Moorer, Jones, Nunn, Mosley, Chavez and Naseem were all unbeaten generally recognized ('unified') defending world champions in their divisions when they lost. And Jones, Mosley and Chavez were in the debate for the finest fighter on the Planet at the time of their defeats...
    Chavez dominated his division for a long time. Most of the others didnt even dominate their divisions let alone for a long time!!

Hard to swallow for you all as I knew it would be.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman Vs Moorer

Little Vs Nunn

Benn Vs McClellan

Toney Vs Nunn

Barrera Vs Naseem

Pacquiao Vs Barrera

Johnson Vs Jones

Tapia Vs Romero
    Right Al, thankyou!

How about,
    Pac beating Barrera?
    Bradley beating Pac?
    Marquez beating Pac?
    Cotto beating Martinez?
    No your not reading.

Which of those was beating the best in the world and champ for 9 years and unified? None of them were as dominant in their division as Wlad was at heavy.
    No, YOU'RE not reading. Here's another one......... Has there ever been a better number between 7 & 9 than 8? Or....
    Has there ever been a better, more circular vowel than O? Maybe.......
    Has there ever been a better Rugby World Cup winner in the past 7 years than the All Blacks?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes it is very specific because it such a good win.

Wlad was much more dominant and over a much longer period than most of those names put forward.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ross, you issued the challenge and we are responding to it. As far as I know nobody was trying to belittle Tyson or his win over Wlad! Now get off or backs, you are becoming a pest.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes it is very specific because it such a good win.

Wlad was much more dominant and over a much longer period than most of those names put forward.
    No, it's very specific so that there can only be one answer. I'm not pissing on Fury's bonfire, fair play to him. I'm just pissing all over your argument. After all, in amongst all the horse shit you've posted recently, I clearly remember When somebody said Wlad had dominated the Division for 10 years, YOU said he's only done so for 2 years, because his brother had before that!!! So that kind of renders your thread as pretty meaningless and FACTUALLY INCORRECT, does it not? Now if you want to reply, crack on, but I'm bored of this , so I'll read it in the morning.

Thread Information