Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: What was the main reason Fury beat Klitschko?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • Because Fury is the superior boxer, and would have beaten any version of Klitschko

3 37.50%
  • Because Wlad is nearly 40 and isn't as fast now, peak Wlad would beat Fury

5 62.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was the main reason Tyson Fury was able to beat Wladimir Klitschko?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What was the main reason Tyson Fury was able to beat Wladimir Klitschko?

Was it primarily due to Fury's superior boxing ability or Klitschko's age?

I've watched all Wlad's fights several times, and his handspeed is not nearly as fast now as it was several years ago. For example, 2000 Chris Byrd had better movement than Fury, but Wlad was still able to land.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Klitschko lost because he fought a man bigger than himself who would not succumb to his b******* tactics

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What was the main reason Tyson Fury was able to beat Wladimir Klitschko?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Was it primarily due to Fury's superior boxing ability or Klitschko's age?

I've watched all Wlad's fights several times, and his handspeed is not nearly as fast now as it was several years ago. For example, 2000 Chris Byrd had better movement than Fury, but Wlad was still able to land.
    Byrd was tailor made for wlad. He has no punch at all so wlad didn't have to worry at all about getting hit. He worried about fury's punch was the difference. I think it had less to do with size and more to do with movement against someone he was scared to get hit by.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What was the main reason Tyson Fury was able to beat Wladimir Klitschko?

Those are the only options?? What a sh*t poll, obviously slanted in favor of Wlad.

First option is because Fury is a better boxer than Wlad? I don't believe that. Wlad may not have any "cojones", but he's a better boxer than Fury IMO.

Second option is because Wlad is old now?? Bullsh*t excuse.

All sorts of options are missing from the poll, including the correct one.

The main reason Tyson Fury was able to beat Wladimir Klitschko is because Klitschko, as is his custom since his knockout losses early in his career, fights like he feels his chin will shatter with a stiff breeze. He had gotten away with it so far, because his opponents were woefully inferior, smaller, and/or more scared of Wlad than Wlad was of them. On the rare occasions when the opponent presented a real danger to Wlad and his fragile chin, Wlad would make the fight as ugly as possible, fouling to his heart's content.

THAT...... is the reason Fury was able to beat Wlad. Because Fury is as big as Wlad, and came to fight.
    He scared the sh*t out of Wlad, since Day One.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad has devised a way of not getting hit to protect his chin , this has worked against most fighters , but it didn't work against the younger larger fury.
    Is Wlad the same fighter as he was 10 years ago ? well I doubt it , age slows everybody down. But he was champ and you can only beat what is in front of you , all great champions have to be disposed of at some point in time.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Wlad has devised a way of not getting hit to protect his chin , this has worked against most fighters , but it didn't work against the younger larger fury.
    Is Wlad the same fighter as he was 10 years ago ? well I doubt it , age slows everybody down. But he was champ and you can only beat what is in front of you , all great champions have to be disposed of at some point in time.
    SOMEBODY fucking dispose of him for us, PLEASE!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Neither of the two choices, Wlad couldn't use his jab to dictate the action. He couldn't move with Fury either. Fury out boxed him simple as...wasn't great but it did the trick. So a combo of size and some boxing ability is the formula to stump Wlad.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some posters wont like it but they made Wlad out to be one of the greats whos not showing any signs of deteriation and I said before hand I hope no one tries to say Wlad got old.

I never based by opinion on the hope that Wlad was getting old.

I said he wouldnt deal with Tysons movement, fluid style and combination punching. Read back n my posts because that is exactly what happened. Tyson would have always beaten Wlad.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good boxing skills and movement but most importantly size.

Wlad didn't know what to do with a bigger guy
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

I dont agree.

The resident Klitschko expert El Kabong told us that Wach was as tall as Tyson.....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terrible poll lol!

The feints, the posturing, gesturing and general clowning kept Fury in Wlad's head and Wlad out of the fight... Kind of a Hopkins job.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

I dont agree.

The resident Klitschko expert El Kabong told us that Wach was as tall as Tyson.....
    2 inches shorter.

Fury would not have won that fight if he was 6 2'. He's fucking huge with a degree of talent.

Fury beats Wlad, Wlad beats Haye, Haye beats Fury - hope he doesn't get a shot

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

I dont agree.

2 inches shorter.

Fury would not have won that fight if he was 6 2'. He's fucking huge with a degree of talent.

Fury beats Wlad, Wlad beats Haye, Haye beats Fury - hope he doesn't get a shot
    Jesus christ! Haye doesnt get anywhere near Fury!

I remember when that fight was announced and thats when I started taking abuse for thinking he even stood a chance! If he couldnt land much or hurt Wlad, whats he going to do against Fury?

I cant believe there are still people mug enough to think Haye is good enough let alone a boxer anymore!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd pick Haye every time against Fury - but would be rooting for the big guy

Won't happen

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Klitschko lost because he fought a man bigger than himself who would not succumb to his b******* tactics
    if you're being intellectually honest (which haha, just for shits and giggles) you'd say "Finally the corrupt puppet masters behind the scenes in boxing found their new cash cow".......because that's what you kept spouting about Wladimir during his reign as champion.

But I digress

Thread Information