Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why are people talking Fury-Haye now?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why are people talking Fury-Haye now?

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous answer in this thread......

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...er-fights.html
    I can see this happening. I don't think Fury is mentally right at all. He's probably had his best moment in the ring. I think a lot of guys out there beat him.
    You might have a case if Tyson had blown out an unprepared, distracted Wlad but Wlad knew Tyson was his biggest threat, made sure the fight was at home in Germany and tried a few sly tricks to get advantages. Tyson beat Wlad with skill, not luck.

As for El Kabong saying he thinks Haye beats Fury after everything, id say thats just sour grapes from a sore loser
    I think Fury wins a rematch but gets knocked out by at least Wilder and Fury.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Why do people assume David Haye deserves title shots simply by being David Haye? The guy goes AWOL for a few years..... pissed away the one shot he begged so mightily for..... and is nothing but an obnoxious mouth, making Amir Khan look like a choirboy in comparison.

Shouldn't Haye have to earn his way to a title shot for once? Have him fight Wlad again, now that Wlad isn't the champ anymore. That would be one of the few instances I would be rooting for Wlad. (Hmm... come to think of it, the other time was when he fought Haye the first time).

I got my first wish with Wlad being removed from the HW throne and now maybe having an exciting division for the first time in more than a decade. My second wish would be to watch someone dump Haye on his ass, so he could retire and go make movies or something.
    Agree 100% with @TitoFan on this one. Haye hasn't done jack. Let's see him fight Wilder first.

It's a huge fight. It's two English guys for the heavyweight championship and it'll make huge money in Britain. It'll make several times more than the cabbage farmer has ever made for a fight. Fury looks like he's going to duck Wilder as long as he can so his moneymaking future is fighting guys in English football stadiums on UK PPV.

I think Fury will avoid Haye/Wilder level guys as long as possible assuming he wins the rematch with the Kulak but if he manages to keep hold of the belts he'll have to fight Haye, Wilder or Povetkin at some point. He definitely doesn't fancy the Haye fight. From the way he was talking on Monday he's not looking to take any risky fights.
    When Fury faced Wlad, Wlad was the definitive champion of the division with a 90% KO rate. Wlad was the riskiest fight out there for Fury.

He also previously signed up to fight Haye twice and Haye pulled out both times. If anything, Haye ran from Fury. I can completely understand how Fury would be opposed to facing Haye now.

Speaking of Wilder and Povetkin, how high are the chances that Wilder vacates his belt to avoid facing Povetkin? How many non-title defenses against no-hopers will he take before he faces Povetkin? Wilder didn't even think he was ready to face Wlad when Fury faced the ex-champ.

Make sure to keep it all in correct perspective: Fury has proved he was willing to face Haye in the past - Haye pulled out. Haye got blanked by Wlad; Fury beat Wlad. Wilder wouldn't wasn't ready to face Wlad and Fury fought and beat Wlad. Povetkin lost to Wlad.

How about we give Fury a nice round of applause? And hold off on critiquing him until he actually avoids a fight because so far he hasn't avoided anyone and went after the toughest fight in the division.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 12-04-2015 at 01:39 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Why do people assume David Haye deserves title shots simply by being David Haye? The guy goes AWOL for a few years..... pissed away the one shot he begged so mightily for..... and is nothing but an obnoxious mouth, making Amir Khan look like a choirboy in comparison.

Shouldn't Haye have to earn his way to a title shot for once? Have him fight Wlad again, now that Wlad isn't the champ anymore. That would be one of the few instances I would be rooting for Wlad. (Hmm... come to think of it, the other time was when he fought Haye the first time).

I got my first wish with Wlad being removed from the HW throne and now maybe having an exciting division for the first time in more than a decade. My second wish would be to watch someone dump Haye on his ass, so he could retire and go make movies or something.
    Agree 100% with @TitoFan on this one. Haye hasn't done jack. Let's see him fight Wilder first.

It's a huge fight. It's two English guys for the heavyweight championship and it'll make huge money in Britain. It'll make several times more than the cabbage farmer has ever made for a fight. Fury looks like he's going to duck Wilder as long as he can so his moneymaking future is fighting guys in English football stadiums on UK PPV.

I think Fury will avoid Haye/Wilder level guys as long as possible assuming he wins the rematch with the Kulak but if he manages to keep hold of the belts he'll have to fight Haye, Wilder or Povetkin at some point. He definitely doesn't fancy the Haye fight. From the way he was talking on Monday he's not looking to take any risky fights.
    When Fury faced Wlad, Wlad was the definitive champion of the division with a 90% KO rate. Wlad was the riskiest fight out there for Fury.

He also previously signed up to fight Haye twice and Haye pulled out both times. If anything, Haye ran from Fury. I can completely understand how Fury would be opposed to facing Haye now.

Speaking of Wilder and Povetkin, how high are the chances that Wilder vacates his belt to avoid facing Povetkin? How many non-title defenses against no-hopers will he take before he faces Povetkin? Wilder didn't even think he was ready to face Wlad when Fury faced the ex-champ.

Make sure to keep it all in correct perspective: Fury has proved he was willing to face Haye in the past - Haye pulled out. Haye got blanked by Wlad; Fury beat Wlad. Wilder wouldn't wasn't ready to face Wlad and Fury fought and beat Wlad. Povetkin lost to Wlad.

How about we give Fury a nice round of applause? And hold off on critiquing him until he actually avoids a fight because so far he hasn't avoided anyone and went after the toughest fight in the division.

Here here.

In total agreement. Fury may not have the most fan-pleasing style of fighting... or maybe that's just the way he fought against Wlad. But of all the HW's in the mix right now, he's the only one who's been willing to take the most risk. Wilder certainly hasn't... and his baby steps are beginning to annoy the sh*t out of me. (Seems after Stiverne he's taken two steps backward). Haye, well..... I can't even talk about Haye without saying a few choice bad words.

Let's see how this will all pan out. I always maintained that a Fury victory over Wlad was the best thing that could happen to the division, and I was right. All of a sudden fighters are coming out of the woodwork to challenge Fury. Or if they haven't yet, they will soon.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are the big risks Fury took before the jackpot Wlad fight? I know you weren't paying much attention across the pond but there seems a huge revisionist history push to make Fury something he ain't.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    What are the big risks Fury took before the jackpot Wlad fight? I know you weren't paying much attention across the pond but there seems a huge revisionist history push to make Fury something he ain't.
    Signing to fight Wlads most dangerous opponent?

Fighting in 3 eliminators to face Wlad?

You can now see why people like Arreola and Adamek wanted none of Tyson Fury. They and other fighters have been offered fights. Anyway, as much as people want to piss on his chips hes THE heavyweight champion of the workd! The best fighter in the world!

The revisionists are those that prior to this fight said Fury had no chance, Wlad was on top of his game and leagues above the whole division. Now, Wlad got old and Wilder, Joshua and Haye could all beat Tyson and Wlad on the same night!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

Well.... unless I'm mistaken it was Haye who backed out of two Fury fights, not the other way around. I've yet to hear of Fury ducking or avoiding another fighter, although I may not have all the facts. If you know something I don't, you're welcome to correct me.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury won his fight by just fighting like Wlad, it was like he was fighting a younger faster clone of himself,
    the fight was not a classic was it,! Fury against Haye it makes sense a really big money domestic dust up
    and one I would watch, Tyson will face him if the money is right,! open air stadium full to the rafters,
    of course it would sell out, a fight that can happen.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

I'm delighted Fury won and he definitely deserves a lot of credit for taking the fight. All I'm doing is speculating on what happens next and how well he's likely to do. I would say that he went for the biggest payday he could get when the Haye fight fell through and now he won he's looking to have the easiest possible run/make the most money before he faces any kind of proper threat. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that, he's not the first to think like that and he won't be the last.

Thread Information