Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Dillian Whyte - Massive Bill

I think there is a real chance at an upset in both headliners. Joshua's bulk makes him look a little stiff and posted above the waist. Sure he's destroyed his opponents but that strength conditioning could cost him. Really looking forward to this card.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I think there is a real chance at an upset in both headliners. Joshua's bulk makes him look a little stiff and posted above the waist. Sure he's destroyed his opponents but that strength conditioning could cost him. Really looking forward to this card.
    Whyte on the other hand is powerful but slow. It is an interesting match up, and I don't think Whyte is the guy to beat Joshua, I reckon it will be Joshua getting to his punches first...just hope he's started practicing defence!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Whyte on the other hand is powerful but slow. It is an interesting match up, and I don't think Whyte is the guy to beat Joshua, I reckon it will be Joshua getting to his punches first...just hope he's started practicing defence!

Agree totally. This is designed for Joshua to get an old foe off his back. I don't believe Whyte has a hope really but I never thought Mayorga would beat the Viper twice or the Viper beat Shane twice.
    All I'm saying I guess is that it is a bit of a mental stumbling block or rather could be. The main difference here I guess between those two examples is that Whyte is not fighting the same fighter as he previously did. Shane fought Vernon the same way he fought him in the amateurs and lost just the same.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Joshua will come out full force and put it on him straight away, like I said it'll be interesting to see if Whyte can ride it out and fire some bombs back.
    I actually hope he can and he catches AJ full force and they get into a war.
    Joshua needs to be tested and he needs this now.
    He's WBC number 2 ranked and is yet to be close to being tested and could end up fighting Wilder within 12 months.
    I think whoever wins out of Whyte and Joshua goes on to a world title.
    Joshua inside 3 rounds - ref stops fight!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think AJ is the dogs bollocks and will be the next great heavyweight champ.

However, I also think Dillian is a genuine hard cunt. Now whether or not he gets chinned early, he won't jump on the floor, he'll fire his own bombs until it's over. Someone is getting their head knocked off.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Whyte wins but not as certain as I was about Fury over Wlad and thats mainly because I havent followed or taken as much notice of Whyte as I have Tyson, plus he was out for 2 years and only been back 1!

I see Joshua is quite stiff and loads up. I think that unnatural 20lb of bulk hes put on since turning pro 2 years ago is going to be his undoing. He has not even felt what the 4th feels like yet and has already given his stamina a handicap when he has to go past the 4th. He hasnt been whacked in the face by anyone there to win yet either.

When he is whacked he will be made to think which he hasnt had to do yet and will start hesitating and he will drain and tire. I see it looking like Haye v Thompson with Joshua going hell for leather trying to stop Whyte and Whyte just being tougher and battering an exhausted Joshua.
    People are saying Whyte is rubbish so if Joshua loses to him hes just another Price.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I think AJ is the dogs bollocks and will be the next great heavyweight champ.

However, I also think Dillian is a genuine hard cunt. Now whether or not he gets chinned early, he won't jump on the floor, he'll fire his own bombs until it's over. Someone is getting their head knocked off.
    If AJ is the bollocks, and Whyte is the cunt, does that make Eddie Hearn the prick in the middle? The cunt to get a pounding IMO.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bullet Tooth Rhun.

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really understand the Whyte narrative. He's forever calling Joshua a fake, telling him to be himself. Never ever qualifies it, contradicts himself on how he's come to this conclusion. At one point they're mates and Whyte's lending Joshua a pair of strides to go to a club, next he's spent some time with him, next he spoke to him a few times. I don't really know where it comes from. I wonder about Whyte's mental strength, Joshua has remained calm throughout, Whyte constantly wants to have it out on the cobbles.

I see Joshua winning the fight, for me he's just a better fighter all around. People are concerned about his stamina, his muscularity, his chin. None of those things will go away until he gets clumped and goes 8, 10, 12 rounds, that's the way it goes. Whyte wont roll over I don't doubt that for a second, he'll be there for a few rounds and will make Joshua fight at his top end.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    after watching their amateur fight on this link, it confirms my thought that Joshua will win in 4 rounds, despite the fact it was Whyte's 1st fight and Joshua's 3rd fight and despite the fact that Whyte won. The reasoning behind this is that back then , Whyte's mobility and footwork was a lot better. they've both got bigger , but I think Joshua carries his better.
    Whyte is easier to hit now than he was then.
    I know Whyte had done some kick boxing or something , but for his 1st fight , I thought he looked really good. yeah, he threw a few wild shots, they both did, but that's entirely understandable .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I don't really understand the Whyte narrative. He's forever calling Joshua a fake, telling him to be himself. Never ever qualifies it, contradicts himself on how he's come to this conclusion.
    I think he is tying himself in knots because he is either not allowed or doesn't want to mention the drug/ prison thing. No one seems to want too
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    I don't really understand the Whyte narrative. He's forever calling Joshua a fake, telling him to be himself. Never ever qualifies it, contradicts himself on how he's come to this conclusion.
    I think he is tying himself in knots because he is either not allowed or doesn't want to mention the drug/ prison thing. No one seems to want too
    Yeah basically he knows Joshua can be a bit of a twat as well and the humble polite act grates on him.

Joshua has a PR team telling him what to do and a sports psychologist helping him.

How anyone can watch that fight and say for deffinite one or the other will win is beyond me! The only deffinitive thing from that video is we know Whyte can hurt Joshua.

Its bizarre that Joshuas size increase is never mentioned, even in forums its rarely brought up. 20lbs in 2 years is a massive gain! Especially when we are talking a supposed endurance athlete and not a pro bodybuilder! He was a fully mature man of 24 when he turned pro at 230lb, now 2 years later hes 250lb and lean!!? I guarantee he will slow down and be puffing out his ass after the 4th round of a decent paced fight.

Pro boxing isnt about homo erotic big, shiny, hard muscles. Its about toughness and determination. Whyte has both. Hes in this position through his own hard work. He doesnt even have a promoter let alone a TV station backing him to the hilt! Hes done this all on his own. You lot thought Fury didnt stand a chance, just bear that in mind!
    Last edited by ross; 12-09-2015 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So why when asked to elaborate on it (Joshua being a cunt) does Whyte never ever take the opportunity to do so? He doesn't sound like a bloke to hold his tongue. What's he afraid of?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So why when asked to elaborate on it (Joshua being a cunt) does Whyte never ever take the opportunity to do so? He doesn't sound like a bloke to hold his tongue. What's he afraid of?
    No idea. Maybe Hearn has made him sign a contract that hes not allowed to mention Joshua dealing drugs? Its conceivable because this hasnt been mentioned at all!

Put it this way, if it was Tyson Fury fighting Joshua or even a heavyweight Mayorga, do we really think the drugs dealing would not be mentioned?

Maybe there is an agreement between both parties not to mention Whytes suspension and Joshuas drug dealing?

Thread Information