Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you feel sorry for Joe Frazier when you watch this fight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Do you feel sorry for Joe Frazier when you watch this fight?

he was trying so hard-----to avoid the first fight's horror..........do you feel sorry for him?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you feel sorry for Joe Frazier when you watch this fight?

I feel sorry for you when I read your posts...

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I feel sorry for you when I read your posts...
    Care to explain?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's self explanatory to everyone but you.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe got annihilated by George yes I felt sorry for Joe, also may I say I feel sorry for you wife
    in putting up with YOU, she is one in a million mate.

El Kabong Guest

Nope, I feel sorry for Joe when I watch this though...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry, i can't feel bad for Joe when all George had to work on was throwing the jab to get Joe to duck into his uppercut. George carried his hands low and never even thought about defending his head. If you make a fight that easy, you kind of had it coming.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked Joe over the years but he made some big mistakes and the first was showing up in the shape he was in. Joe should have got in close and rested his head on Foreman's chest as the late Ray Arcel and Freddy Brown former trainers of Roberto Duran and hit the body. His head movement was good but he stayed in front of big George. He needed a forty five degree angle and not a Karate horse stance facing him directly. Frazier couldn't jab with him and Foreman was fighting tall. The biggest mistake of all was Joe backing up and giving George punching room and you also can't wipe out the memory of their last fight. I believe this was a rematch he should never have had and he actually developed some bad habits of lunging like he did with Ali. The height difference and the clubbing right hand would have had me personally hiring a limousine to catch after the end of the first round. I would have moved so fast people would be wondering if I ever showed up. Yes I felt really bad and Joe should have prepared more or not have signed on the dotted line.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    I liked Joe over the years but he made some big mistakes and the first was showing up in the shape he was in. Joe should have got in close and rested his head on Foreman's chest as the late Ray Arcel and Freddy Brown former trainers of Roberto Duran and hit the body. His head movement was good but he stayed in front of big George. He needed a forty five degree angle and not a Karate horse stance facing him directly. Frazier couldn't jab with him and Foreman was fighting tall. The biggest mistake of all was Joe backing up and giving George punching room and you also can't wipe out the memory of their last fight. I believe this was a rematch he should never have had and he actually developed some bad habits of lunging like he did with Ali. The height difference and the clubbing right hand would have had me personally hiring a limousine to catch after the end of the first round. I would have moved so fast people would be wondering if I ever showed up. Yes I felt really bad and Joe should have prepared more or not have signed on the dotted line.
    You are the kind of poster the kind of a human being and the kind of a saddoboxing fellow member who I really enjoy reading. Your posts are sincere and on the topic and you have a very kind and friendly demeanor which is very important. I appreciated your analysis of that fight very much my friend. I am also glad to see that on the human side or let's say on the emotional side that you too understood what I meant when I said that I felt sorry for him in this rematch. I also understand the previous poster's excellent point about how if he didn't have a better fight plan then that then how can we feel sorry for him. That is a point that I will try to remember from now on whenever I watch that fight. It is a valid point. If you get clubbed like that in two rounds the first time around in Kingston Jamaica then when you go to have the rematch you have a silly plan which doesn't really work or just the fact that you want a rematch to begin with means that whatever you have coming to you you will get or vice versa. Thank you for your excellent analysis my friend. Oh yes please do me a favor and send a message to that wretch @ruthless rocco The reason I say that is we are hoping here on the side of good that maybe some of your positive energy and friendliness will rub off on that miserable cockroach.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Sorry, i can't feel bad for Joe when all George had to work on was throwing the jab to get Joe to duck into his uppercut. George carried his hands low and never even thought about defending his head. If you make a fight that easy, you kind of had it coming.
    Awesome analysis my friend and reading your post makes me feel alot better. Sometimes I do tend to get too sensitive and if a fighter is taking too much of a clubbing I feel that it's sort of dehumanized him or maybe took away from his masculinity or something... made him feel so inferior that he would carry that pain and hurt for the rest of his life. Hey like you said if you come with a shityy fight plan against the guy like Foreman you should be prepared for the consequences great point and I appreciate your post very much

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Joe got annihilated by George yes I felt sorry for Joe, also may I say I feel sorry for you wife
    @Dia bando
    It wasn't ME wife who had to take the night shift job just to get out of the house when you were around

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    he was trying so hard-----to avoid the first fight's horror..........do you feel sorry for him?
    Bullshit post.

All I know about this, is not the fight, but Frazier shaven head. Shaven headed black people were rare in 1975. Not like nowadays

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Bullshit post.

All I know about this, is not the fight, but Frazier shaven head. Shaven headed black people were rare in 1975. Not like nowadays
    Please in your self-deluded erudition explain the connection in your comment between the post being "bullshit" and Frazier's shaven head being rare in 1976. When you have done it (I won't hold my breath as Your "High"ness will prevent you from accomplishing that) you may "knight" yourself President Buhari's righthand man.

MwaaHahaha.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    @Dia bando
    It wasn't ME wife who had to take the night shift job just to get out of the house when you were around
    She has to work nights as she can't keep her hands off ME, like the other night she had her hands round my throat.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Bullshit post.

Certainly wasn't rare where I'm from.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information