Thread: Joshua - Whyte (What A Fight)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua - Whyte (What A Fight)

News flash ross. Whyte.....................was fucked because Joshua punched him in the face and body a shit load of times. He punched him so hard in the first round that (I cant believe Im agreeing with Jim Watt) he wanted to quit and fully aware of what he was doing attempted to get thrown out. My opinion of course.

Joshua was in the habit of throwing every punch like it was going to end the fight. If it's been working so far I guess its a natural thing to do. But heres the thing. Everyone! saw Joshua hold back a bit in the 5/6 rounds and focus on boxing. Not only did he do the very thing you're accusing him of not doing, he did it in fight. That's a good thing.

Whyte showed the ability to ride punches and move his head Not a fucking nough he didn't mate
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on Ross, Memphis has got you on the ropes here to the extent that he has to reply to his own posts because you haven't got an answer!
    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    "Well I was walking in Memphis
    Walking with my feet 10 feet in the air
    Walking in Memphis,
    But do really feel the way I feel !"
    Go on Memphis! πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸŽ€

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Now, they've got catfish on the table
    They've got gospel in the air
    And Reverend Green, be glad to see you
    When you haven't got a prayer
    But boy you got a prayer in Memphis."

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I made a mistake. It was Chisora's 15th fight. I apologise.

Whilst I was checking though I did notice that Chisora came into the Fury fight nigh on 20lbs!! heavier than in the two fights that sandwiched it.

I dont know if you know this. But 20 pounds of extra lard on a man will have serious implications and render him utterly impotent in a matter of rounds.

Now Memphis, don't you know anything? That 20lbs was "Pure Muscle", just like AJ's was!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I also reckon if todays josh would have fought fury at fight 15 josh would have won
    You do I dont.

Joshua team are building his record and not his skills.

Care to elaborate on this? Keeping in mind that at 15 fights Tyson Fury was fighting 14 fight Derrick Chisora for the Brit belt.

Joshua and Fury have essentially fought the same person at the same time for the same title. Although having said that, you've made it quite clear that Whyte is getting the best of training and experience so you could argue that Joshua beat a better fighter?

Your go
    Whyte wasnt lined up as a world title challenger was he? Did he have a world champion pull out twice against him?

Joshua hasnt had a steady progression of fighters with various attributes. Although he seems a bit better his career trajectory seems more like Prices where he has plateaued with washed out boxers and has had no choice but to make a leap of faith. It hasnt been as big a leap as Price was dealt, thrown in with a recent world title challenger.

Whyte did have excellent facilities. He did also look very exhausted. Joshua to me looked to have issues that wont be easily fixed like no instinct to move his head and how hard he tries to always hit hard and ends up slowing himself down. Even Whyte showed ability to ride punches and move his head.

Im confused, easily done when I read your posts to be fair but what trees were Tyson Fury pulling up fights 1 through 14?

Are you suggesting that Tyson Fury's path to Derrick Chisora and a Brit title fight was so littered with variation that it should stand as some kind of beacon for how to manage your career?

Maybe Joshua should go and get himself knocked about a bit by a Bosnian brick layer in a couple of fights time. Have a three round up and down war to really develop his skill set?
    As far as I can see Tyson is the only heavyweight on the planet that was able to completely dominate Wladimir Klitschko and now stands alone as the best heavyweight on the planet so maybe yes!

You mugs
    Last edited by ross; 12-16-2015 at 08:59 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah Ross, Memphis has still got you I'm afraid.
    "Put on my blue suede shoes and
    I boarded the plane
    Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
    In the middle of the pouring rain

Now, Muriel plays piano
    Every Friday at the Hollywood
    And they brought me down to see her
    And they asked me if I would
    Do a little number
    And I sang with all my might
    She said, "Tell me are you a Christian, child?"
    And I said, "Ma'am, I am tonight!"
    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No reasoned argument? No come back? Been gazumped by ross?

Just disagree and rinse and repeat

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also reckon if todays josh would have fought fury at fight 15 josh would have won
    You do I dont.

Care to elaborate on this? Keeping in mind that at 15 fights Tyson Fury was fighting 14 fight Derrick Chisora for the Brit belt.

Joshua and Fury have essentially fought the same person at the same time for the same title. Although having said that, you've made it quite clear that Whyte is getting the best of training and experience so you could argue that Joshua beat a better fighter?

Your go
    Whyte wasnt lined up as a world title challenger was he? Did he have a world champion pull out twice against him?

Joshua hasnt had a steady progression of fighters with various attributes. Although he seems a bit better his career trajectory seems more like Prices where he has plateaued with washed out boxers and has had no choice but to make a leap of faith. It hasnt been as big a leap as Price was dealt, thrown in with a recent world title challenger.

Whyte did have excellent facilities. He did also look very exhausted. Joshua to me looked to have issues that wont be easily fixed like no instinct to move his head and how hard he tries to always hit hard and ends up slowing himself down. Even Whyte showed ability to ride punches and move his head.

Im confused, easily done when I read your posts to be fair but what trees were Tyson Fury pulling up fights 1 through 14?

Are you suggesting that Tyson Fury's path to Derrick Chisora and a Brit title fight was so littered with variation that it should stand as some kind of beacon for how to manage your career?

Maybe Joshua should go and get himself knocked about a bit by a Bosnian brick layer in a couple of fights time. Have a three round up and down war to really develop his skill set?
    As far as I can see Tyson is the only heavyweight on the planet that was able to completely dominate Wladimir Klitschko and now stands alone as the best heavyweight on the planet so maybe yes!

You mugs

Yeah you've kinda skipped forward ten fights there and completely dodged the question.

If that's your approach and 'Tyson beat Wlad so there' is all you've got there's really no point in debating the matter is there?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You do I dont.

Your go

You mugs

Yeah you've kinda skipped forward ten fights there and completely dodged the question.

If that's your approach and 'Tyson beat Wlad so there' is all you've got there's really no point in debating the matter is there?
    Oh dont get your knickers in a twist petal!

Tyson did beat Wlad and easy so clearly his career approach worked

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You do I dont.

Your go

You mugs

Who's getting their knickers in a twist? You're the one that's failing to answer the question posed and skipping forward to a point in Tysons career that is more palatable to you.

You can either answer the question or keep saying Tyson beat Wlad so there. It's an easy course to take and I don't blame you for taking it, it requires very little thought on your part.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You do I dont.

Your go

You mugs

Who's getting their knickers in a twist? You're the one that's failing to answer the question posed and skipping forward to a point in Tysons career that is more palatable to you.

You can either answer the question or keep saying Tyson beat Wlad so there. It's an easy course to take and I don't blame you for taking it, it requires very little thought on your part.

Careful Memphis he has mentioned knickers and called you petal , I think its time to leave the thread.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    You do I dont.

Your go

You mugs

Careful Memphis he has mentioned knickers and called you petal , I think its time to leave the thread.
    What before you start telling us all how toned Joshua is

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    It was a terrific fight. Totally showed up that boring heavyweight championship of the world fight a couple of weeks back.

If Wlad-Fury served up something like that it would be talked up as one of the greatest fights in heavyweight history.
    As a boxing fan you dont sound very keen on boxing
    I can't believe you have the nerve to disagree with him!

Thread Information