Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ike Ibeabuchi is back?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Ike Ibeabuchi is back?

Ibeabuchi could be hurt.....and 3:10 in....ooooh I do believe he did get clipped a bit didn't he?

That Greg Pickrom fella ended up beating Jameel McCline after that fight as well.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting. Only saw a picture of him about halfway through his sentence and he looked like he aged 25 years. His weight according to the article is close to the Byrd fight so who knows. Why not a second chance? There was a time when James Scott was most likely the best LH in the world while in prison and who can forget Braxton (Qawi). Who knows, Ike may have been eating, drinking and sleeping boxing for the last 5 years and its not as if the division isnt ripe.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Ibeabuchi could be hurt.....and 3:10 in....ooooh I do believe he did get clipped a bit didn't he?

That Greg Pickrom fella ended up beating Jameel McCline after that fight as well.

What a surprise to see myself on that tape sitting ringside like I was for so many of Ike's fights. So much trash has been in media concerning Ike labeling him crazy & a monster
    lol. Ike was eccentric, he was no angel but neither was he the monster they claimed him to be. The only thing he did wrong was to call that hooker in Vegas
    My wish is that he could get back with Curtis Cokes & Jay Wilson in Dallas before attempting to come back they'd be honest with him as to where he stands.
    I wish my old Texas buddy all the luck in the world & wish him nothing but the best
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post

What a surprise to see myself on that tape sitting ringside like I was for so many of Ike's fights. So much trash has been in media concerning Ike labeling him crazy & a monster
    lol. Ike was eccentric, he was no angel but neither was he the monster they claimed him to be. The only thing he did wrong was to call that hooker in Vegas
    My wish is that he could get back with Curtis Cokes & Jay Wilson in Dallas before attempting to come back they'd be honest with him as to where he stands.
    I wish my old Texas buddy all the luck in the world & wish him nothing but the best
    I hope you are right and Ike's reputation is overblown and that he can go on and live a life away from the problems of the past. I also like that you too seem skeptical about a comeback.
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

jon09 Guest

I would like to see him fight Shannon Briggs after Ike gets his feet wet beating a few cab drivers 1st.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Britkid View Post
    I took the opinion he was successful because of his illness. No sane man walks through David Tua's punches. And even then Ike was almost outworked by Tua!

Ibeabuchi was a decent size, good chin and a fair puncher, that probably gets you on to the fringes; top 30/40 in the world. His illness helped him develop a fearless style and took him to the next level and get the fancy on side; without the illness he would of been at best, another 'Duncan Dokiwari' level fighter.
    Different countries tend to produce similar styles of boxers with certain style traits that become almost stereotypical.

Looking at Sam Peter, David Izon, Friday Ahunaya, Duncan Dokiwari, etc it seems to me that had Ibeabuchi NOT been a mental case and NOT done the horrible things he did and NOT gone to prison he would have eventually become slow on his feet, slow in delivering his punches, he'd keep a good solid chin, but he'd be limited, a plodding 1 big haymaker at a time power puncher....I think Holyfield would have made him look amateurish, I think Lennox Lewis would have boxed circles around him, and eventually he'd lose to someone shocking like a Michael Grant or Shannon Briggs or Tony Thompson....someone would just catch him at a time where he would be fighting like he just visited a buffet.

That said there was no evidence of him heading that direction other than my seeing that exact same thing happen to the aforementioned fighters all of whom are from Nigeria same as Ike.

Did you ever see Ike fight?? He was nothing like those fighters you mentioned. I saw most of his fights from ringside. Watched Curtis Cokes transform him from a crude brawler to a great boxer puncher. He would have been champ without a doubt
    If he just wasn't a nut case, most of us would agree with you. I'm sorry man, but I just can't believe he didn't play the biggest part in his own downfall.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They say he is going to fight a top 15 type guy so it'll be sink or swim. I like the mention of a Briggs clash. Loser leaves town sort of thing.

I think too much time has past for 'The President' to make an impact now. If he looks good in his comeback fight he will probably get a mid level range fight but I don't see him progressing far.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lineal View Post
    They say he is going to fight a top 15 type guy so it'll be sink or swim. I like the mention of a Briggs clash. Loser leaves town sort of thing.

I think too much time has past for 'The President' to make an impact now. If he looks good in his comeback fight he will probably get a mid level range fight but I don't see him progressing far.

Who knows and its not as if he's entering a lions den. He may have been doing nothing but boxing all of this time. I'm eager to see what his timing and everything is like before I predict anything. He might have put in 10,000 hours. I've read at different places it might be Ruiz Jr. That would be quite the re-entry.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lineal View Post

Who knows and its not as if he's entering a lions den. He may have been doing nothing but boxing all of this time. I'm eager to see what his timing and everything is like before I predict anything. He might have put in 10,000 hours. I've read at different places it might be Ruiz Jr. That would be quite the re-entry.
    I'd like to see it. Depending how he looks there could be some fun fights to be made.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Razor Rudduck lost recently, that would be an interesting matchup.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it has been far too long for him. I wish him well but 42 is very old.

Thread Information