Thread: Amir Khan to fight Saul Alvarez for WBC world title in Las Vegas

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan to fight Saul Alvarez for WBC world title in Las Vegas

Fat dan on twitter is so excited for this fight and is upset because fans know it's a farce. I only follow him on twitter because he gets news fast. He is a complete idiot though.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think Khan has a decent chance here but depends on catchweigh. Doubt it will be at 160. Khan on points or early Canelo KO. Canelo couldnt land a glove on Floyd or Lara. Obviously Khan not as good as them defensively but a fast fighter will cause Canelo trouble.

Also think Khan could look good at a higher weight.

Put odds on this a few minutes ago.

Caenlo 4/11, Khan 2/1 and 25/1 the Draw.

Canelo 4/6 KO and 4/1 Points
    Khan 11/4 Points and 12/1 KO

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Hahaha. 1st thing I'm gonna do is give Khan credit for 2 things. Firstly , he's brave because he's getting KO'd! secondly, It's a smart money move , because he will earn big dough, and the other fights will still all be there for him. Losing to Canelo will do his profile no harm whatsoever.
    Now to the reality of the situation. this is a fight where 2 guys want to make big money, but they also want to avoid the guys in their division that they should be fighting. People will say that's just me hating, but I honestly see it that way.
    And we must remember , this is boxing, if Khan wins? fuck me, now even I'm getting carried away!
    Agreed

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Fuck me NOBODY could have predicted this happening!!
    I can see Khan winning this one with a massive points decision, infact i think it could be a total shut out and a very easy nights work for Khan.
    Mayweather made him look absolutely shit and very one dimensional and hardly broke a sweat in doing so.
    Khan i think will just go in and out all night and bombard him with superfast combinations then back off, let him plod forward and do the same thing over and over and over.

Khan on points for me
    This is another interesting outcome.

Could happen

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Respect to Khan - fearless mad bastard - but it's one of those fights that everyone will say afterwards - "It was obvious Canelo was too big"
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Respect to Khan - fearless mad bastard - but it's one of those fights that everyone will say afterwards - "It was obvious Canelo was too big"
    Or

Canelo is still green..lol

Canelo is a tough kid and the golden nugget of golden boy...but lets keep it real..he can be easily outboxed.

Floyd beat Canelo..so did Lara

Cotto fight was close and perhaps this extra weight will suit Khan.?

Khan is chasing the big money fights and made a great move..well done al haymon.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a crazy mad risk by Khan. He is almost certain to have a title fight for the welterweight title against Garcia or whoever they choose should they strip Garcia of the title. So khan should be looking for a easy fight now and people were guessing Berto or Rios.

This move is ridiculous should he lose. I think Khan can not avoid Canelo for 12 rounds and will get stopped. Khan has not fought a big puncher since Garcia and moved to his new trainer. So moving up a weight and taking on a power puncher seems crazy just for the money and profile.

If he pulls it off it would be amazing and you have to give credit to Khan for taking this chance but I see it as a career ending loss.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well done Al Haymon? It's a Golden Boy promotion on HBO. Khan must have split with big Al, otherwise the fight is even more bizarre.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way.

Not career ending.

Khans chin has been fine.

Khan has never actually been cleanly knocked out.

Khan is a much better fighter now under virgil hunter and the more weight he puts on the better.

Khan will outbox Canelo for 12 rounds or Canelo will knock him out in 5...winner fights floyd in September.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Well done Al Haymon? It's a Golden Boy promotion on HBO. Khan must have split with big Al, otherwise the fight is even more bizarre.
    Wow.

Khan split with Al haymon!?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    No way.

Not career ending.

Khan is a much better fighter now under virgil hunter and the more weight he puts on the better.

Khan will outbox Canelo for 12 rounds or Canelo will knock him out in 5...winner fights floyd in September.
    Khan chin is made of China, he has been blasted out by big punchers.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's for the lineal middleweight title. Khan will have Golovkin chasing him if he wins (now that is so nuts it's beyond mental)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is a crazy mad risk by Khan. He is almost certain to have a title fight for the welterweight title against Garcia or whoever they choose should they strip Garcia of the title. So khan should be looking for a easy fight now and people were guessing Berto or Rios.

This move is ridiculous should he lose. I think Khan can not avoid Canelo for 12 rounds and will get stopped. Khan has not fought a big puncher since Garcia and moved to his new trainer. So moving up a weight and taking on a power puncher seems crazy just for the money and profile.

If he pulls it off it would be amazing and you have to give credit to Khan for taking this chance but I see it as a career ending loss.
    The only risk is if he loses so bad (really early embarrassing KO ) that it probably finishes his career. I genuinely believe even that doesn't bother him too much because he's looking for a jumbo payday before riding off into the sunset.
    After all, he's showed no appetite for wanting to fight the top WW's, maybe he doesn't want to fight anymore.
    Other scenarios:
    If he loses mid to late KO or points - most likely options.it will be expected, he'll be the gallant loser, and will go back to LMW or WW Telling everybody how he's learnt so much and is so much stronger. People will believe that BS, and he'll still get big fights.
    If he wins - fucking hell! All of a sudden he's king of the World, and who knows, he might even tempt Floyd out of retirement for a Mega mega bucks fight. But even if that doesn't happen, he'll fight who the fuck he wants and be the A-side, earning a mint.
    Clever move by Khan to be fair. He's still shit though!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    No way.

Not career ending.

He's never been knocked clean out but it doesn't take a lot to punch his brain into outer space and leave his body wobbling around in a comical fashion as his scrambled head figures out that the best way to stop someone from punching you in the face is to drunk dance over to them and try and trade blow for blow with them.

That's why I love Khan because his stoppages are fucking hilarious and all the more funny because he is a grade A tool

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Fuck me NOBODY could have predicted this happening!!
    I can see Khan winning this one with a massive points decision, infact i think it could be a total shut out and a very easy nights work for Khan.
    Mayweather made him look absolutely shit and very one dimensional and hardly broke a sweat in doing so.
    Khan i think will just go in and out all night and bombard him with superfast combinations then back off, let him plod forward and do the same thing over and over and over.

Khan on points for me
    I agree think Khan has the ability to box the shit out of Canelo but see him getting fucked on the score cards. Canelo will get completely outboxed but will get a dodgy decision

Thread Information