Thread: Amir Khan to fight Saul Alvarez for WBC world title in Las Vegas

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan to fight Saul Alvarez for WBC world title in Las Vegas

This is a dumb move and anyone who says otherwise is stupid.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stupid is as stupid does , says Forrest Gump.😂
    I forgot to say, if it's a "respectable " loss, even a dodgy points decision, there's always a possibility of a rematch. Double bubble AND it keeps Canelo away from GGG and Khan from them nasty WW's.
    And enough of us Boxing fans are Stupid enough to let them get away with it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm at the match with my dad and I got a text and I was checking it wasn't April the first. Fucking he'll! He really doesn't like Keller Brook, does he?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Willie Limond must be scratching his head.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan deserves credit for making this fight. I actually like this fight.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Fat dan on twitter is so excited for this fight and is upset because fans know it's a farce. I only follow him on twitter because he gets news fast. He is a complete idiot though.
    It's far from a farce, the fight was announced a few minutes ago an now just about every top several boxing stories on every boxing site and the most popular threads on every boxing forum are about this fight

It's huge news and a big money earner for both

Great fight
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is a dumb move and anyone who says otherwise is stupid.
    Dumb move for who?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Fat dan on twitter is so excited for this fight and is upset because fans know it's a farce. I only follow him on twitter because he gets news fast. He is a complete idiot though.
    It's far from a farce, the fight was announced a few minutes ago an now just about every top several boxing stories on every boxing site and the most popular threads on every boxing forum are about this fight

Great fight
    ^^^^
    This

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

Great fight
    Exactly. Boxing is a promotion. Put it in a circus ring and it's still big business.

Khan is high off the smell of his own flatulence though. Hope he wins though (the lineal middleweight title).

Mayweather hopes he doesn't though

Or maybe he does though
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can only give Khan his props for this really, I like the fight also. Pretty sure he'll get KO'ed, but I can see why he would feel otherwise. It will have to be a really great performance from him to pull this off, and I'm sure he knows that.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Can only give Khan his props for this really, I like the fight also. Pretty sure he'll get KO'ed, but I can see why he would feel otherwise. It will have to be a really great performance from him to pull this off, and I'm sure he knows that.
    If he wins it may force Floyd out of retirement to face him. Would give Khan a reason to dodge GGG too who would be his mandatory should he beat Alvarez. Imagine that GGG v Khan for the middleweight world title.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why my title was butchered is beyond me but anyway, I cant get over them announcing it at 155. To funny. Maybe they mean Khan cant weigh more then 155 on fight night.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm surprised people out there think Lara beat Canelo, would love to watch the fight in the same room with someone of that view point, it would be interesting. Canelo landed more than a glove on Lara and when he did, it carried consequence which Lara's shots did not.

Anyways, wow. This fight is umm, I need time hahah

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh dear. I am not sure about this one at all. Khan is not a JMW/MW and he has trouble taking a punch. If Khan can be decked by the likes of Garcia, I don't know what he is doing going up to this division. Canelo isn't great by any stretch, but he is quick and can punch. Khan is not Lara or Mayweather because he has a very low boxing IQ. I am sure he will be able to win rounds based on activity, but is he really going to get through 12 rounds without being tagged by a hard hitting explosive guy that walks around so much heavier?

The fight is a curious one, but it makes little sense from Khan's point of view.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is a crazy mad risk by Khan. He is almost certain to have a title fight for the welterweight title against Garcia or whoever they choose should they strip Garcia of the title. So khan should be looking for a easy fight now and people were guessing Berto or Rios.

This move is ridiculous should he lose. I think Khan can not avoid Canelo for 12 rounds and will get stopped. Khan has not fought a big puncher since Garcia and moved to his new trainer. So moving up a weight and taking on a power puncher seems crazy just for the money and profile.

If he pulls it off it would be amazing and you have to give credit to Khan for taking this chance but I see it as a career ending loss.
    I agree. I have never been Khan's biggest fan, but you have to give him full credit for having the balls to do this. I will be willing him on as I am a sucker for an underdog with a big heart, but it's a tough ask asking someone who lapses and has a dodgy chin to get in there and fight a much bigger stronger man.

I guess Khan sees Canelo's inactivity as a way to bank rounds, but Canelo for that one minute each round is explosive and very fast. It's a risky move.

Thread Information