Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Amir Khan to fight Saul Alvarez for WBC world title in Las Vegas

https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/st...66906645204992

What a pathetic joke. Who's next Marquez?

FFS

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Amir Khan to fight Saul Alvarez for WBC world title in Las Vegas

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll become a Canelo fan if he brutally KOs Khan.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahaha. 1st thing I'm gonna do is give Khan credit for 2 things. Firstly , he's brave because he's getting KO'd! secondly, It's a smart money move , because he will earn big dough, and the other fights will still all be there for him. Losing to Canelo will do his profile no harm whatsoever.
    Now to the reality of the situation. this is a fight where 2 guys want to make big money, but they also want to avoid the guys in their division that they should be fighting. People will say that's just me hating, but I honestly see it that way.
    And we must remember , this is boxing, if Khan wins? fuck me, now even I'm getting carried away!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Hahaha. 1st thing I'm gonna do is give Khan credit for 2 things. Firstly , he's brave because he's getting KO'd! secondly, It's a smart money move , because he will earn big dough, and the other fights will still all be there for him. Losing to Canelo will do his profile no harm whatsoever.
    Now to the reality of the situation. this is a fight where 2 guys want to make big money, but they also want to avoid the guys in their division that they should be fighting. People will say that's just me hating, but I honestly see it that way.
    And we must remember , this is boxing, if Khan wins? fuck me, now even I'm getting carried away!

Lol agreed. Huge balls. Khan could box circles around him early and then run a marathon with a lead.

Its still ridiculous though. Khan has the frame to add weight but Jesus.............

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jebus Christmas wtf At some pathetic cw surely. Khans going to get terrifically KO'd!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What!?!? This fight makes zero sense. I thought that Canelo was preparing to fight GGG? Surely this isn't a fight in preparation to fight a hard hitting MW. Khan isn't even a light middle. He is a welter and Canelo has to force him up an extra pound.

Honestly, fighting a top 20 middle is more respectful than fighting a welter who is maybe top 5.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly Canelo should be embarrassed and Khans just lining his pockets with a built in excuse. Boxing needs a paper bag over its head putting this farce together.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/st...66906645204992

What a pathetic joke. Who's next Marquez?

FFS
    Is Team Khan crazy ?

Very silly move. Brutal stoppage or KO for Canelo

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Amir Khan to fight Saul Alvarez for WBC world title in Las Vegas

Britain's Amir Khan will fight Mexico's Saul Alvarez for the WBC world middleweight title on 7 May in Las Vegas.

Khan, 29, a former light-welterweight world champion, has not fought since outpointing Chris Algieri in New York in May.

Alvarez, 25, beat Miguel Cotto by a unanimous points decision to claim the title in Las Vegas in November.

Alvarez has lost once and won 46 of his 48 fights.

The fight has been set at a catchweight of 155lb, eight more than Khan weighed in victory against Algieri and a jump of two weight divisions.

The usual weight limit for middleweight is 160lb, but Alvarez's last few fights have had the same weight stipulation.

Amir Khan to fight Saul Alvarez for WBC world title in Las Vegas - BBC Sport
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan to fight Saul Alvarez for WBC world title in Las Vegas

Khan's announcement also rules him out of a fight against IBF welterweight champion and domestic rival Kell Brook at Wembley on June 4.

"I know Canelo fights the best and wouldn't pass up the opportunity to face me like others have," said Khan. "My goal is to always fight the biggest names and the best fighters. That is why I'm excited for this fight.

"I know I have the speed and ability to beat him and will give my fans what they deserve."

"As the middleweight champion of the world, I will take on the best fighters in the sport and on Cinco De Mayo weekend, I look forward to making the first defence of my titles," said Alvarez.

"Amir was a decorated amateur, a two-time world champion and is in the prime of his career. Fans are in for a great fight."

Khan has won 31 and lost three of his 34 professional fights.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck me NOBODY could have predicted this happening!!
    I can see Khan winning this one with a massive points decision, infact i think it could be a total shut out and a very easy nights work for Khan.
    Mayweather made him look absolutely shit and very one dimensional and hardly broke a sweat in doing so.
    Khan i think will just go in and out all night and bombard him with superfast combinations then back off, let him plod forward and do the same thing over and over and over.

Khan on points for me

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Fuck me NOBODY could have predicted this happening!!
    I can see Khan winning this one with a massive points decision, infact i think it could be a total shut out and a very easy nights work for Khan.
    Mayweather made him look absolutely shit and very one dimensional and hardly broke a sweat in doing so.
    Khan i think will just go in and out all night and bombard him with superfast combinations then back off, let him plod forward and do the same thing over and over and over.

Khan on points for me
    know what you're saying but avoid him for 36 minutes ?? Can't see it
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Thread Information