Thread: Fury not fighting Wlad next?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury not fighting Wlad next?

So Wlad is going to go out on a humiliating loss?
    Why am I not surprised?

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not surprised if Wlad retires he knows he is shot and doesn't have it anymore.
    To lose your title like that landing 4 punches a round and going out on points stinks , he doesn't have the fire in his belly or punch output anymore.
    He has had a good career now its time to step aside.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd rather see him go out in a blaze of glory, going toe to toe with Fury, win or lose..... but who are we kidding. If that actually happened I'd climb the ring and attempt to rip his mask off, as obviously he would be an impostor.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Vlad will find a way to retire with some dignity, I guess injury or health related. It will then be a Hearn/Hennessy/Sauerland fest for the next step in 'World' heavyweight boxing

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He may retire with dignity, but the last memory of fans will be his pathetic showing against Fury.

IMO, Fury succeeded in unmasking what I always knew lay beneath the surface of his imposing physique and power..... an exasperating reluctance to engage, when that meant putting his brittle chin in even the slightest danger.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    He may retire with dignity, but the last memory of fans will be his pathetic showing against Fury.

IMO, Fury succeeded in unmasking what I always knew lay beneath the surface of his imposing physique and power..... an exasperating reluctance to engage, when that meant putting his brittle chin in even the slightest danger.
    Im not so sure it was worring about his brittle chin as just gettng caught and outpointed. He knows hes not going to deal with Tyson Furys ability once in punching range.

Consider this. Wlad has all kinds of sparring. He has used Wilder and Joshua among others. Hes certainly not aftaid to face big punchers or he wouldnt entertain them for his training. We have also never heard any rumours of sparring partners knocking Wladimir out or even dropping him. In fact there is a rumour Wilder got knocked out by Wlad. Also, James Ali Bashir said he had to talk to Joshua to open up or he will just get a beating and be no good to Wlad. Joshua was intimidated.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Im not so sure it was worring about his brittle chin as just gettng caught and outpointed. He knows hes not going to deal with Tyson Furys ability once in punching range.

Consider this. Wlad has all kinds of sparring. He has used Wilder and Joshua among others. Hes certainly not aftaid to face big punchers or he wouldnt entertain them for his training. We have also never heard any rumours of sparring partners knocking Wladimir out or even dropping him. In fact there is a rumour Wilder got knocked out by Wlad. Also, James Ali Bashir said he had to talk to Joshua to open up or he will just get a beating and be no good to Wlad. Joshua was intimidated.
    Wlad was a bully and tried to intimidate his future opponents which is why Fury never allowed it to happen to him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Ok I want to make sure we're not arguing this because you feel that by knocking Wlad I'm in some way discrediting Fury.

I'm in NO way discrediting Fury nor his victory over Wlad. He did something nobody else had done in decades. But I can't let Wlad skate by blameless on this one. I have nothing against Wlad personally, but I've always HATED his reign. IMO, ever since those early career KO losses, Wlad has never been the same. Let's say a good premise for boxing is "safety first". After all, it's the art of hitting without getting hit. But with Wlad it's safety first, second, third, fourth, etc., etc., ad nauseaum. Wlad saw a guy in front of him who #1 was bigger than him, and #2..... was not scared of him. Fury was cautious, but not scared. I would venture that 80 to 90 percent of Wlad's victims over the years have been either outsized, scared, or both. Wlad has had waaaaay too many fights with precious little action from either side. It has dulled our senses, because for many years we were accustomed to the Tysons, the Holmes, the Holyfields. Lennox Lewis could pull a stinker once in awhile (see: Lewis-Tua). But he'd come back with a great fight. Part of his charm was his vulnerability when he got lazy. But he came back to avenge his losses. Wlad, on the other hand, can take a perfectly appetizing matchup (see: Povetkin), and turn it into a foul-filled affair just because he was deathly afraid of getting tagged. The Sultan fight was another insult to his fans. That type of fight became the norm. It turned people away from HW boxing. People like to say HW has fewer fans because Wlad isn't American. That's B.S. HW has fewer fans because people became anesthetized by watching Wlad's boring fight one after another after another after another.

I was cheering like hell for Fury to knock Wlad out or at least down. It didn't happen, because Fury was extra cautious himself. I don't blame him. He didn't want to give Wlad a gift on a silver platter. But frankly I would've preferred a knockout a la Corrie Sanders or Ross Purity.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rey you called it right when you said you have known for a long time that Wlad is shot , and has adapted a boring style to just do enough to win.
    Fact is he has almost no punch out put and protects his chin rather than go down fighting , Wlad needs to walk away from boxing he stank the place out landing 4 punches a round , you can only beat what is in front of you but lets face it Wlad is done.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Rey you called it right when you said you have known for a long time that Wlad is shot , and has adapted a boring style to just do enough to win.
    Fact is he has almost no punch out put and protects his chin rather than go down fighting , Wlad needs to walk away from boxing he stank the place out landing 4 punches a round , you can only beat what is in front of you but lets face it Wlad is done.

Four punches a round should be dangerously close to "purse withholding territory", IMO.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

Four punches a round should be dangerously close to "purse withholding territory", IMO.

A pathetic fraud masquerading as a hw champion for my money.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Johnny Nelson when interviewed said "Fury's next opponent will blow your mind! It's not Wilder." He was a bit cagey when someone said it's Vitali! Could it fucking be?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Johnny Nelson when interviewed said "Fury's next opponent will blow your mind! It's not Wilder." He was a bit cagey when someone said it's Vitali! Could it fucking be?
    Haye?

I could see big brother Vitali try and beat up someone that beat his little brother. He has done it before.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    When was this said?

Ohmygod,ohmygod,ohmygod!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see it being Vitali, although that would be pretty funny. I feel like Wlads reputation/legacy has already been brought way down by the Fury loss, and if Vitali had to try and avenge it instead of him yet again, it would make him out to be a bit of a joke. You'd have to figure he was never as good or had the heart of his brother, not to mention if Vitali were to actually win(he wouldn't do any worse than Wlad no matter how old and broken he is, imo)

Thread Information