Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Callum Smith says Groves should earn next world title shot after securing eliminator

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Callum Smith says Groves should earn next world title shot after securing eliminator

...“George Groves is a good fight, I’m not denying that. But I think he contradicts himself. The fight was talked about a year ago when I was number three with the WBC and he was number one and they said it didn’t make sense for him because he was number one and he had his route planned out to Badou Jack. It’s the same now. I’ve got a final eliminator, if I win that, I’m mandatory. So he’s not really in my plans but he feels like I should fight him. It’s the exact same situation but flipped around. He feels like I should fight him when a year ago he didn’t feel he had to fight me. He is a big name. He is a good fighter so it isn’t a fight that I’d turn down. I do think it will happen but my next fight’s planned and if I win that then I’m next in line for Badou Jack....

Callum Smith: ‘George Groves should earn another shot’ - | Boxing News - boxing news, results, rankings, schedules since 1909
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Callum Smith says Groves should earn next world title shot after securing elimina

I like both fighters, so I'm not on anyone's side as such. But everything he said was completely fair comment, and it's nice to see Callum Smith being interviewed a bit and for us to see what type of character he is. Very impressive.
    IMO , if it happens , this match up could well be the 2 best guys in the division. CONTROVERSIAL!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Callum Smith says Groves should earn next world title shot after securing elimina

Smith is right, tables have switched.

If Smith wins I can see him fight Groves.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

they'd probably make a bit of money if they fought each other wouldn't they
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    they'd probably make a bit of money if they fought each other wouldn't they
    Especially for the world title on channel 5.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't see Jack being in a hurry to fight Smith, he's fighting Chavez jr next.

Groves-Smith is a cracking fight regardless of titles.

PPV baby!!!
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still if Jack fights Chavez, at least he's guaranteed to keep his title win or lose, because Chavez won't be making SMW.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    ...“George Groves is a good fight, I’m not denying that. But I think he contradicts himself. The fight was talked about a year ago when I was number three with the WBC and he was number one and they said it didn’t make sense for him because he was number one and he had his route planned out to Badou Jack. It’s the same now. I’ve got a final eliminator, if I win that, I’m mandatory. So he’s not really in my plans but he feels like I should fight him. It’s the exact same situation but flipped around. He feels like I should fight him when a year ago he didn’t feel he had to fight me. He is a big name. He is a good fighter so it isn’t a fight that I’d turn down. I do think it will happen but my next fight’s planned and if I win that then I’m next in line for Badou Jack....

Callum Smith: ‘George Groves should earn another shot’ - | Boxing News - boxing news, results, rankings, schedules since 1909

Agree with Callum completely and people need to get real. The entire rankings system is a charade. People leapfrog as a matter of course and champions fight underserving challengers all the time. Rankings are purchased. The only thing consistent about them is their inconsistency. The only rule that; there isn’t any. I like how Groves try’s to apply the double standard. Maybe he bought to big a house. Callum worked his way to #1 and capping it with that silver thingy. Groves is lucky to be #2. Callum’s #1 spot is no guarantee that he even gets Jack. Let’s remember, he’s a Mayweather fighter and in this market….

Oh and it’s the WBC. Smith needs to do what’s best for him and steady the course and get ready for a trip across the pond.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

PPV baby!!!
    Anything is ppv to you. Have some standards.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PPV baby!!!

Slag
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Chavez Jr seriously getting a title shot at 168? That's hilarious, has he ever even made that weight in his career?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bring on the PPV's.

They invented the radio for you tight as arseholes cunts. Fact.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bring on the PPV's.

They invented the radio for you tight as arseholes cunts. Fact.
    They invented closed circuit and ppv boxing for you gullible idiots.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Us gullible idiots are called boxing fans.

Whilst you tight miserable cunts are moaning about letting the flies out your wallet i'm actually enjoying it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Us gullible idiots are called boxing fans.

Whilst you tight miserable cunts are moaning about letting the flies out your wallet i'm actually enjoying it.
    When you get Cleverly v Bellew 2 as ppv then you know they have taken it too far.

Thread Information