Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Frampton Quigg scoring.

You should ignore what punches "landed" when looking at these stats. You can count what's thrown but it's impossible to get an accurate read on what landed.

What those stats do prove though is Frampton was throwing way more punches than Quigg early even though his output was poor too.
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-29-2016 at 11:51 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

when I was watching the fight I didn't think Quigg had landed anything in a number of rounds, i haven't watched it again but 2 punches in the first 3 sounds about right

after the first the commentators were saying theres nothing in the round, neither are landing so its a 10-10

well I was arguing (sat on my couch on my own) that quigg wasn't landing at all and hardly throwing

I think it was watts card had Frampton up by just 1 or 2 up after 7 and then quigg in the lead after 11, I was thinking - what the fuck are you on about Jim

I thought Frampton won the first 7
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I blame Joe Gallagher for Quigg doing nothing early, other fighters from his stable have fought in a similar way.

Once Quigg was told that Sky have him miles behind, even with a broken jaw, he turned into a different animal.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a little while ago all Gallaghers fighters seemed to just walk forward with their hands up and chin down, about the time crolla lost to Matthews

at least they have progressed from that

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I reckon there were 2 rounds where quigg didn't throw a punch

There should be something in the rules saying you need to throw at least 1 punch in a round otherwise its a 10-8 round

if there isn't already
    There is no such rule but even if there was you cant call a 10/8 because Quigg threw nothing and Carl threw 2.

If not for the little flare up in spots over the last 5, this fight would have rivaled Wlad/Fury in lack of output.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking Re: Frampton Quigg scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    You should ignore what punches "landed" when looking at these stats. You can count what's thrown but it's impossible to get an accurate read on what landed.

What those stats do prove though is Frampton was throwing way more punches than Quigg early even though his output was poor too.
    You see , this is the problem with Punch stats, they can give a very distorted view . However, if you say ignore punches landed, then you have to ignore the whole fucking lot.
    I know what you're saying about an accurate read, but it's not going to be a million miles away.
    so if the anomalies are averaged out , it is still the same pattern.
    in my book I think the stat for Jabs thrown is of little consequence. Surely the most important stats are Power punches thrown and MOST importantly power punches Landed. Quigg landed half as many again as Frampton.
    so some people (not you) want to give a 10-8 round to Frampton where he outpunches Quigg by 3, 4 or 5 punches , but not give a 10-8 for Quigg where he outpunches Frampton by 15?
    Overall Quigg out landed Frampton through the course of the fight and his success percentages were better, hence he was more economic and accurate. Does make Quigg a better Boxer?
    I have to say that I was pretty stunned by the low percentage accuracy of both fighters . pretty piss poor for 2 "World Champions".
    btw, I'm not trying to push my "Quigg won the fight" argument here, just pointing out the value of these stats.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the sky commentary was blatantly bias for their fighter. It was obvious the fight was not close and they did not want their manufactured fighter to lose. They were hinting at rematch when the fight was near the end.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Punch stats can't determine a fight.

My point is - you can accurately count what is thrown but not what landed. So in this case, Frampton was throwing 5x the punches early doors even though his output was poor. The geezer moving his hands looks like he's winning even if not landing anything.

Quigg gifted him the early rounds.... although to counter myself () you can argue that had Quigg fought more aggressive early he could have got himself chinned.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think the sky commentary was blatantly bias for their fighter. It was obvious the fight was not close and they did not want their manufactured fighter to lose. They were hinting at rematch when the fight was near the end.
    I think it is a bit unfair to call Quigg " manufactured " . He is clearly made of the right stuff to have got where he has through some awkward and decent opponents and to have soldiered on despite his Jaw on Saturday. I still think he is more than capable of beating and even stopping Frampton, but he won't do fighting like he did this time round. I think dull and over anxious though they both seemed it is not uncommon for fights like this to end up stultifying stutter fests, where each fighter is so weary of the others power/skill, that they overthink everything and forget what got them into that position in the first place. It was a close fight and while Barry and Shane McGuigan might insist that Carl walked it by a mile the truth is he won a close fight. He got rocked himself and was as much to blame as Quigg for the early snore fest. The fact he was made to miss consistently early on has clearly niggled them because Shane thinks he is the second coming of Manny Steward the way he goes on.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    I think it is a bit unfair to call Quigg " manufactured " . He is clearly made of the right stuff to have got where he has through some awkward and decent opponents and to have soldiered on despite his Jaw on Saturday. I still think he is more than capable of beating and even stopping Frampton, but he won't do fighting like he did this time round. I think dull and over anxious though they both seemed it is not uncommon for fights like this to end up stultifying stutter fests, where each fighter is so weary of the others power/skill, that they overthink everything and forget what got them into that position in the first place. It was a close fight and while Barry and Shane McGuigan might insist that Carl walked it by a mile the truth is he won a close fight. He got rocked himself and was as much to blame as Quigg for the early snore fest. The fact he was made to miss consistently early on has clearly niggled them because Shane thinks he is the second coming of Manny Steward the way he goes on.
    I think that's a bit unfair on Shane mate - he seems OK imo and is working with some decent fighters at the mo. If you compare what he was telling Frampton in between rounds compared to what Gallagher was telling Quigg (coupled with his crazy plan for the fight!), I think Shane was streets ahead.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your man lost to a superior fighter and only has himself (and his trainer) to blame for their lame effort. Do not blame Frampton for taking easy rounds from Quigg, if Scott is stupid enough to give them away for very little effort.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your man lost to a superior fighter and only has himself (and his trainer) to blame for their lame effort. Do not blame Frampton for taking easy rounds from Quigg, if Scott is stupid enough to give them away for very little effort.
    he was definitely a superior fighter on the night but I'm sure on another day with the right approach Scott is capable of winning the fight

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he was definitely a superior fighter on the night but I'm sure on another day with the right approach Scott is capable of winning the fight
    Agree with that.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Agree with that.
    I don't.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Agree with that.
    I don't.
    Have you managed to actually SEE the fight yet?

Thread Information