Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BJS is Ducking GGG - Do we all agree?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default BJS is Ducking GGG - Do we all agree?

Does anyone know how much he is being paid to face Bursak?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BJS is Ducking GGG - Do we all agree?

he's said he wants GGG in the summer

he hopes to bring him to England

I hope it happens
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wasnt he offered $6,000,000 for the fight?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders can’t be ducking him at the same time Alvarez is with Golovkin trying to enforce his mandatory. Golovkin as crazy as it sounds is not even ranked in the WBO. In addition, Saunders is the new kid on the block and fresh title holder. Who can blame him for not wanting to end his career fresh out of the gate in this market? Danny boy is reporting that he was offered low 7 figures for April and turned it down. Smart man. Why take a million five when you can net 5 or 6 after the dust settles. It could be a career ender either way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Yep. He is ducking GGG however you want to put it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I seem to remember other members of this forum informing us that he all but said in the exact words he didn't want any part of him. I could be wrong, they say the memories the first thing to go. What were we talking about again.... oh right.. Saunders...

Triple G made it easy for saunders and tried to scoop saunders (or at least his title) right after the victory, as his Canelo tune up .....

I have an issue with fighters that go.. "Oh i'm not ready, yet" . Um you're a "champion" you're holding a belt, you better be ready. I dont expect a champ to have a short camp or step in on short notice or anything... but if you're given enough time and youre trying to establish yourself as a player in the division, step up Or else that belt and title is meant for someone else.

I suppose one of evils of having a non season schedule for a sport like boxing is that it empowers the primadonnas to procrastinate and then on a whim, declare themselves ready for a billion dollar fight and expect to be ushered to the front of the line. The amount of Diva-ism F*ckery in the sport is unbelievable. Where the hell did this Challenger Emeritus Bullsh*t come from?
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    I seem to remember other members of this forum informing us that he all but said in the exact words he didn't want any part of him. I could be wrong, they say the memories the first thing to go. What were we talking about again.... oh right.. Saunders...

Triple G made it easy for saunders and tried to scoop saunders (or at least his title) right after the victory, as his Canelo tune up .....

I have an issue with fighters that go.. "Oh i'm not ready, yet" . Um you're a "champion" you're holding a belt, you better be ready. I dont expect a champ to have a short camp or step in on short notice or anything... but if you're given enough time and youre trying to establish yourself as a player in the division, step up Or else that belt and title is meant for someone else.

I suppose one of evils of having a non season schedule for a sport like boxing is that it empowers the primadonnas to procrastinate and then on a whim, declare themselves ready for a billion dollar fight and expect to be ushered to the front of the line. The amount of Diva-ism F*ckery in the sport is unbelievable. Where the hell did this Challenger Emeritus Bullsh*t come from?
    He did say something along those lines but in a different context. Context is something that vanishes along with memory j/k.

Anywho, he said he wasn’t ready which is a fair assessment of himself. "A man’s got to know his limitations" Is that a duck? Just look at the boxing world around us. None of the top guys fight each other. It’s the new normal. It’s an equal opportunity ducking society and its premise is business. The holy grail of escape clauses. If this is a duck then it’s a fledgling compared to the others going on.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

He did say something along those lines but in a different context. Context is something that vanishes along with memory j/k.

Anywho, he said he wasn’t ready which is a fair assessment of himself. "A man’s got to know his limitations" Is that a duck? Just look at the boxing world around us. None of the top guys fight each other. It’s the new normal. It’s an equal opportunity ducking society and its premise is business. The holy grail of escape clauses. If this is a duck then it’s a fledgling compared to the others going on.
    Yeah i remember something about him saying he'd need a machine gun or something. I applauded the guys humor and honesty ... before it became a reality and he got the offer for the fight as a Title holder.

I agree that that everyone's doing it ...and its the new normal.. but that just doesn't make it right to me. I'd understand if it was an injury or family tragedy where the fighters mind is still not focused. The "im not good enough yet" or "i haven't been forced that far in weight yet, lets just make my division 155lbs for now." as kind of cop outs considering the nature of the sport. If this is downhill skiing, no big deal. But in the sport of conquerors, you cant lead with a "i don't know/ maybe/ i'm not ready"... it just seems to cheapen everything.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah i remember something about him saying he'd need a machine gun or something. I applauded the guys humor and honesty ... before it became a reality and he got the offer for the fight as a Title holder.

I agree that that everyone's doing it ...and its the new normal.. but that just doesn't make it right to me. I'd understand if it was an injury or family tragedy where the fighters mind is still not focused. The "im not good enough yet" or "i haven't been forced that far in weight yet, lets just make my division 155lbs for now." as kind of cop outs considering the nature of the sport. If this is downhill skiing, no big deal. But in the sport of conquerors, you cant lead with a "i don't know/ maybe/ i'm not ready"... it just seems to cheapen everything.
    Oh I agree and its systemic. Announcers now routinely refer to champions as "contenders". A guy hates to me a cynic but its root rot. Part of a Mayweather hangover that just wont go away.
    Last edited by IamInuit; 03-11-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders has always been honest about not being able to beat GGG. Unlike Junior. Saunders can make a defence or two but the real big money is with Golovkin so could see him challenge him later down the line.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let him have one easy fight in front of his own crowd as champion, I think most fighters deserve to the chance to enjoy the belt after dedicating years of their life to earn it.

Once that is out of the way then they should be fighting the best around.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was out in the open that he didn't want to fight GGG. It wasn't a secret. I do agree though that it's ridiculous how someone can call themselves a champion but not be ready for the best. Boxing is a business so us fans just get robbed of the best fights because everyone wants the most money possible by fighting easy opponents. This includes fighters, promoters, and managers.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He swerved Golovkin - but if everyone on the planet doesn't give him a hope in hell then why do you even want the fight?

Power of the alphabet.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    He swerved Golovkin - but if everyone on the planet doesn't give him a hope in hell then why do you even want the fight?

Power of the alphabet.
    I give him more than a hope in hell.

Im not sold on his self belief and ambition but his style will be something Golovkin hasnt seen. He does need to believe in himself for me to think the fight would be winnable for him and after everything hes said previously about being Golovkins bitch can you blame Warren for trying to cash him in someway else?

Thread Information