Thread: Showtime Claiming Frampton LSC done for this summer in Vegas or Cali

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Showtime Claiming Frampton LSC done for this summer in Vegas or Cali

Thoughts?

Very decent fight and one thats hard to split. I kind of fancy Frampton on points but could find it hard getting a decision. Definitely a fight Ill try to get over for if it doesnt clash with the Euros.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Showtime Claiming Frampton LSC done for this summer in Vegas or Cali

If it goes ahead, (and I'm not sure it will)it's a massive risk for Frampton. He would have to give up both his belts I would think.
    Mind you, after the Alejandro fight, they said he struggled at the weight. If he thinks that's his weight, fine, but I think he'll put himself at a reach/size disadvantage against most of the champs at the weight above. I reckon he'll fight Wake next in Ireland.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lsc if it happens, the pressure and volume leo brings i think would make frampton sucumb late in the fight, and frampton i feel is to small as is..

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Showtime Claiming Frampton LSC done for this summer in Vegas or Cali

Frampton is coming off the biggest win of his career no doubt, but it wasn't a wide margin, and I don't think he'll be able to handle the size difference and will be done over if they make this one. It also says this is close to being signed on the BBC website tonight too. Interesting one.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight but Cruz should break him down as the fight goes on and win a comfortable decision or maybe a late KO.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would just be outstanding! Both guys are wildly entertaining as well as better skillsets than I think given credit for. I wonder if Frampton will go in trying to overcompensate, be explosive off the waltz vs Quigg. Think he's smarter than that but Santa Cruz is a bigger buzzsaw down the stretch and could slice him up for tko.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Going to ride with Frampton if this comes off. If its true then Carl is obviously leaving 122. So much for Rigo/Frampton. If true he's not going to fight Cruz and then come back down to fight Wake either although he could. Its a pretty deep div with Loma, Walters off/on, Russell etc.

I just don't see size/weight being that big a deal here. Frampton essentially started his career as a feather and yoyo'd in weight for about 2 years until settling in at 122. Cruz started out as a jr bantam (115) and then fought at batam until 2013. Then he moved up to 122 and stayed there until about a year ago. I dont see the 2 or 3 inch reach advantage or the slight height plus having any real effect either because of the way Santa Cruz fights.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a tough fight for Frampton and I think he will get beat. I would not jump up wight when he said he can make the weight easy when motivated. I would make some easy defences and then move up against an easier opponent and get use to the weight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Size wise is Cruz any bigger than Quigg? Or stronger. I can see this fight going very similar to the Quigg fight with Frampton outboxing LSC for large parts of the fight. Frampton may not have concussive KO power but he defo hits hard enough that fighters have to respect him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Size wise is Cruz any bigger than Quigg? Or stronger. I can see this fight going very similar to the Quigg fight with Frampton outboxing LSC for large parts of the fight. Frampton may not have concussive KO power but he defo hits hard enough that fighters have to respect him.
    I might be wrong, but from the limited amount I've seen of LSC, he is bigger and stronger than Quigg for sure.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I might be wrong, but from the limited amount I've seen of LSC, he is bigger and stronger than Quigg for sure.
    Also better and not going to freeze for the big fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    You may be right but comparing both fighters in their fights v Kiko they looked very similar size wise to me. Strength is always hard to compare. LSC hasnt fought great opposition (either has Quigg) but in his step ups he hasnt been able to stop them.

Looks a good match up to me and cant see there being much between the 2.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think it'll be Framptons to box smart and avoid too much mixing up. Santa Cruz is taller, longer reach and clearly more physical. Frampton is a squat fighter with a low base. SC does not have a record of world beaters but has always fought fights of attrition and a work rate that has to be one of the highest of volume going today. His stuff comes from underneath and down the middle equally and the physicality has always been there. Helluva fight!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Santa Cruz is too big for him with too much output and Frampton is going to struggle to slow him down. Frampton is good at fighting going backwards though and he's going to get plenty of practice. I think Frampton goes out on his shield in the late rounds.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If these fighters would make public statements "I can't beat Rigondeaux so I am not going to fight him" I could forgive them. But they don't, so I can't.

This is a good fight, and a good payday, but it's weak tea swerving Rigondeaux.

Thread Information