Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Browne fails drug test

That's a shame. Must have gotten into some bad ink. Be a more convincing NC to come if Chageav wasn't pulverized. So Fres has to fight to keep the wba wagon train moving. Hey Ortiz is #1 Now that would just be a licensed homicide.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheating bum!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love how these guys cherry pick and leave weed on the same list.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Press release from Hatton promotions and Lucas Brownes statement.

http://talkinboxing.wordpress.com/20...wne-statement/
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know what Lucas statement does nothing to help him.

He had never heard of clembutarol? Im no bodybuilder but that word to me is more associated to bodybuilding than any breathing issues. Iv never known what its true intended purpose was but have seen and heard plenty of wannabe weightlifters mention it among their "cycles". For him to say hes never heard of it is utter bullshit.

He's a typical meathead, bodybuilding, bouncer and would have deffinitely heard of it with that crowd even if genuinely having never used it. He seems a nice bloke but would know all about many different peds and steroids. A more honest answer would be just to continue with I have no idea how it got there.

That for me makes me suspicious as much as the test result.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know much about this sort of shit, but if some PED has been found in his tests, surely they should know.
    1. How much of it - That would denote whether it was ingested in the last few days (while he was in Russia) or not. if there is a lot , wouldn't it denote it had been in his system a longer period of time and meant he's been taking it regular. and
    2. how long it has been in his system - again, pre-arriving in Russia or not.

with the benefit of Hindsight , surely now, people like Browne should canvass to have regular Drug testing in the build up to a fight. So then, before he leaves for Russia, he can be able to say "I've had a test and I'm Clean." then if he fails a drug test in Russia , it would be clear that it is a set up , because
    a. he wouldn't be able to smuggle the drugs into Russia, and
    b. even if he did, taking something so close to fight night would have no benefit .
    I'm sure somebody on here would be able to put me right on this. (I'm not saying you're all a bunch of druggies btw! )

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Life bans is what is required plus criminal charges of assault with a deadly weapon.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Life bans is what is required plus criminal charges of assault with a deadly weapon.
    I repeat, got to feel sorry for Hatton.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Hatton has been lucky with Lucas getting ranked.

He hasnt really pushed his career as he should have and didnt even bother to go to the fight!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Hatton has been lucky with Lucas getting ranked.

He hasnt really pushed his career as he should have and didnt even bother to go to the fight!
    Perhaps he should cut his losses, ie not lose what pile he's got, and just do a bit of media stuff for now. If he gets into a load of legal stuff it could cost him big time.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    Good old clen, trouble making the weight?
    seems a bit of an odd thing for him to take considering he is a heavyweight, it is usually used by sportsmen for burning fat I thought? Would you need that being a heavyweight.:S
    Maybe he ate some cheap beef or something that had been doped up by the farm
    Agreed why would a heavyweight with no limits want to take clenbeteral? In Europe you can buy it as a spray could of gone in his water. Over here i think you can only get it in pill form. Poor bastard has to pay himself for a second test
    Pretty sure there has been a few athletes in the last few years who have had a positive for clenbuterol and had the test reveresed due to proving it came from contaminated meat(I think the mexican nation football team had a few guys test positive for it).. Farmers seem to use it in some of the less regulated parts of the world to strip fat from their livestock, so I guess it could be that... If that is the case then Browne could be buggered as if he had it in his system then the b test will be positive too and then it will be on him to prove it came from something like that and of course the producers of the meat in many places don't want to admit to doses their animals clenbuterol as in many places it is outlawed :S I think this is headed to a no contest ruling and a suspension for browne, regardless of whether he did anything intentional or not.

The five Mexico players who were suspended after the first match of the CONCACAF Gold Cup for doping have all been reinstated and cleared

The FMF has determined that the positive tests were a result of eating contaminated meat and that there was no intent to cheat involved whatsoever. When FIFA and CONCACAF agreed to allow Mexico to replace the five players on their Gold Cup roster they did cite the lack of intent to cheat in their reasoning as well.

"It has always been careful (with suppliers of food), but if you want to accept the word accident (relative to clenbuterol positive), we have a good time here. No blame," said FMF secretary Decio De Maria.
    Mexico Reinstates, Clears Five Players Previously Suspended For Doping - SBNation.com

This is Russia we are talking about here. They give steroids to their steroids. There entire sports culture given recent bombshells dropped by the IOC is cheat driven. This is a diuretic and not really a steroid so what was the purpose....vanity? They kind of baked their own set up.

Morales tested positive for the same shit prior to Garcia but came back negative in the second test. Now that use I could see but even that remains questionable.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm laughing about someone even suggesting sneaking steroids into Russia. You can get steroids quite literally anywhere in Russia. You don't have to search, just show you are a sporting person by either participating in a sport or dressing as if you would participate in sport and someone will approach you with steroids.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lucas Browne tests positive for substance?

Got to feel sorry for Ricky, possible dirty tricks could deprive him of a 'contender'
    He's probably the one who gave it to him

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lucas Browne tests positive for substance?

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Got to feel sorry for Ricky, possible dirty tricks could deprive him of a 'contender'
    He's probably the one who gave it to him
    Im not for one minute accusing Hatton of taking steroids but he came from a body building gym and eventually used Kerry Kayes an ex body builder as a nutritionist so Hatton should also have a good knowledge of what his fighters should and should not go near and ai find it hard to believe he would neot sit down with his investments and not go through what they shouldnt be touching.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clenbuterol is such a dumb steroid to take anyway. Steroid users with not much money take it. Pro athletes who make a lot of money can afford a designer steroid that doesn't show up on tests and is out of the system really quick anyway. Browne took something given to him by somebody who knows very little about the testing side of steroids and so got caught. If Hatton's people had given him something they would have been much more professional and knowledgeable about it and he would have tested clean.

Thread Information