Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: is this the most exciting period of hw boxing ever?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: is this the most exciting period of hw boxing ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    ha, immense

but ill gladly accept your bait

quantity v quality?

we have gone from 1 dominating, this is when the quality was?

and since then there is no quality?

if I understand you correctly, Wlad is a higher quality than the names mention in the op?
    It’s by in large the same group of fighters acting the same way. The only difference is now they have access to belts they couldn’t get before because of Wlad. The moment Fury won the fight, the powers at be stripped him and started to threaten him. Why didn’t they do that with Wlad? I didn’t say there was none of anything. I said its a measure of quality over quantity. It’s going to look better that’s for sure IF these people fight. And Wlads not even out of the picture. He could beat Fury. The what? We hope he retires. Time will tell and I didn’t say Wlads quality was better or that he was. These guys for the most part could not solve the puzzle in 11 years. So if we are going to talk about quality….
    This division has an opportunity to right itself but I got this feeling because of what’s happening elsewhere that all we are going to see is a pose off.
    one of those fighters took the belts off wlad, so they could have accessed the belts at any time during the last 10 years

and wlad was at his best when that happened, he was coming off a couple of his best ever wins

wlad was shit, held more than he punched and got all the favours in the world when he fought, he generated so much money in Germany he could get away with so much in the ring, they did anything to keep him champion

so in my opinion the quality is much higher now than it has been at any time in the last 10 years, the only fighter that can really argue is Vitali
    And my point is that it appears more competitive because there is no Wlad. Good or bad nobody could solve the puzzle. Yes Fury did but lets put that fight where it belongs. It had the worst punch output in heavyweight championship history and Wlad looked like a deer in the headlights until the 12th round. Good for Fury but everyone saw what happened. Yes there is some new blood in Fury and Joshua and Ortiz but the overall quality is the same as it was. Shite. And when you add the protectionist fervor to the mix well it speaks for itself. The Wba has to do its own tourney to figure out who its real champion is.
    fury solved the puzzle against wlad when wlad had just come off 2 of his best 4 ever wins, so you'd have to argue it was wlads peak in terms of results

that suggests that the quality is there today

for 10 years it was wlad and vitali that's it, now we have a few quality heavyweights, one of which is better than wlad at his peak

and punch output is irrelevant
    Wald best wins were Haye in 2011 and Alexander in 2013 Fury beat a 40 year old Wlad that is not a peak Wald i am sorry. No heavyweight champion has ever been peak at 40 i know you hated he was champ for so long but there no need to say such silly shit dude it is just nuts.
    wlads best wins are probably haye, provetkin, pulev and Jennings

haye at 35ish, provetkin at 37ish, pulev at 39ish and Jennings at 40ish

so in terms of results you have to say it was pretty close to his peak
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Ali - over rated
    Frazier - too small
    Foreman
    Holmes
    Norton - massively over rated
    Bugner - ?
    Ellis - id beat him
    Lyle - ?
    Young
    Shavers - just a punch

What a dumb, f*cking post. Especially following the first one.
    This guy can't be serious.
    good point well made, great argument, full of facts and substance

hard to disagree with

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali - over rated
    Frazier - too small
    Foreman
    Holmes
    Bugner - ?
    Ellis - id beat him
    Lyle - ?
    Young
    Shavers - just a punch

hard to disagree with
    Fucking brilliant!! Love it.😂😂😂👏👏

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ha, immense

but ill gladly accept your bait

quantity v quality?

we have gone from 1 dominating, this is when the quality was?

and since then there is no quality?

if I understand you correctly, Wlad is a higher quality than the names mention in the op?
    It’s by in large the same group of fighters acting the same way. The only difference is now they have access to belts they couldn’t get before because of Wlad. The moment Fury won the fight, the powers at be stripped him and started to threaten him. Why didn’t they do that with Wlad? I didn’t say there was none of anything. I said its a measure of quality over quantity. It’s going to look better that’s for sure IF these people fight. And Wlads not even out of the picture. He could beat Fury. The what? We hope he retires. Time will tell and I didn’t say Wlads quality was better or that he was. These guys for the most part could not solve the puzzle in 11 years. So if we are going to talk about quality….
    This division has an opportunity to right itself but I got this feeling because of what’s happening elsewhere that all we are going to see is a pose off.
    one of those fighters took the belts off wlad, so they could have accessed the belts at any time during the last 10 years

and wlad was at his best when that happened, he was coming off a couple of his best ever wins

wlad was shit, held more than he punched and got all the favours in the world when he fought, he generated so much money in Germany he could get away with so much in the ring, they did anything to keep him champion

so in my opinion the quality is much higher now than it has been at any time in the last 10 years, the only fighter that can really argue is Vitali
    And my point is that it appears more competitive because there is no Wlad. Good or bad nobody could solve the puzzle. Yes Fury did but lets put that fight where it belongs. It had the worst punch output in heavyweight championship history and Wlad looked like a deer in the headlights until the 12th round. Good for Fury but everyone saw what happened. Yes there is some new blood in Fury and Joshua and Ortiz but the overall quality is the same as it was. Shite. And when you add the protectionist fervor to the mix well it speaks for itself. The Wba has to do its own tourney to figure out who its real champion is.
    fury solved the puzzle against wlad when wlad had just come off 2 of his best 4 ever wins, so you'd have to argue it was wlads peak in terms of results

that suggests that the quality is there today

for 10 years it was wlad and vitali that's it, now we have a few quality heavyweights, one of which is better than wlad at his peak

and punch output is irrelevant
    Wald best wins were Haye in 2011 and Alexander in 2013 Fury beat a 40 year old Wlad that is not a peak Wald i am sorry. No heavyweight champion has ever been peak at 40 i know you hated he was champ for so long but there no need to say such silly shit dude it is just nuts.
    wlads best wins are probably haye, provetkin, pulev and Jennings

haye at 35ish, provetkin at 37ish, pulev at 39ish and Jennings at 40ish

so in terms of results you have to say it was pretty close to his peak
    Yea but when you are at the age of 40 you lose something regardless he is much slower now then when he fought Haye and it showed in his fight with Jennings before Fury. I am not saying he is shot or anything but he was at his best in 34 or 35 he is much slower now.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea but when you are at the age of 40 you lose something regardless he is much slower now then when he fought Haye and it showed in his fight with Jennings before Fury. I am not saying he is shot or anything but he was at his best in 34 or 35 he is much slower now.
    he looked bad against Jennings because he was stopped from holding

hed have looked slow in a number of his other fights if he had have been stopped from holding, even against haye

in terms of results it was his peak

at 26 I was faster, stronger, fitter than when I was 32, but I was a better footballer at 32, at my peak

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hed have looked slow in a number of his other fights if he had have been stopped from holding, even against haye

at 26 I was faster, stronger, fitter than when I was 32, but I was a better footballer at 32, at my peak
    Well imagine what you be at 40 years old Wald prime was 2010 or 2011 was last years of it. Holding or not all have to do is look at how he is throwing his punches are slow as fuck. Yet again no amount of craft makes up for his body being that old just not happening. I mean i can not even believe you are trying to say at 40 that Wald is at his best. I bet if you played soccer when your in your 40s you wont be as good as you were at 26 or at 32 the body can only do so much even with drugs today.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well imagine what you be at 40 years old Wald prime was 2010 or 2011 was last years of it. Holding or not all have to do is look at how he is throwing his punches are slow as fuck. Yet again no amount of craft makes up for his body being that old just not happening. I mean i can not even believe you are trying to say at 40 that Wald is at his best. I bet if you played soccer when your in your 40s you wont be as good as you were at 26 or at 32 the body can only do so much even with drugs today.
    in terms of results it was his peak, I saw his punches against pulev as fast and accurate as they had ever been

he looked shit against Jennings because he was stopped from holding

whats soccer? if I improved from 26 to 32 it means by 40 I would have been playing for united

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

in terms of results it was his peak, I saw his punches against pulev as fast and accurate as they had ever been

he looked shit against Jennings because he was stopped from holding

whats soccer? if I improved from 26 to 32 it means by 40 I would have been playing for united
    Football in the US is called soccer which is what your talking about at least i think it is. Pulev is slow as fuck and Jennings is nothing special either the division is not better then it was 2010 Wald is just slower cant pull the trigger most of the time now. The man is 40 with 68 fights no one is in prime or peak anymore with those numbers no one is. So are you pro now that you 40 are you better by the sounds of it no because if your 40 your in a decline only going down from here.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Football in the US is called soccer which is what your talking about at least i think it is. Pulev is slow as fuck and Jennings is nothing special either the division is not better then it was 2010 Wald is just slower cant pull the trigger most of the time now. The man is 40 with 68 fights no one is in prime or peak anymore with those numbers no one is. So are you pro now that you 40 are you better by the sounds of it no because if your 40 your in a decline only going down from here.
    Jennings is no world beater and neither is pulev but they are in wlads top 4 victories in my opinion

everyone is different, some improve with age, some don't, some peak at 20, some at 40

wlad could never pull the trigger when under pressure, he held and lent on for as many rounds as it took to tire the opponent and only then did he start punching

and injury ruined my dream of playing for England

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are crap enough to play for Utd.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These are the kinds of reports that perpetuate the current myth concernong the heavyweights. A portion of an article by Bryce Wilson. Boxing News and results, Best source for the latest Boxing News, updated 24/7 - Fightnews.com

In facing Takam, Parker is set to take a giant leap up in the quality of opponent. It is a fight that should serve as a an accurate barometer as to whether the Kiwi prospect really is as good as some people believe or whether much more work remains to be done before he is ready to mix in the heady climes of the elite in the division, along with the Fury’s, Klitschko’s and Wilders of the world.

You have got to be kidding me. The writer questions whether Parker is ready for the elites and then names the elites as Fury, Klitscho and Wilder? Wlad has one foot in retirement and most likely did the last 3 years, Fury's claim is beating him like Marciano over Louis and Wilder has yet to fight a legitimate threat since Stiverne. These are the heavyweight elites? Why don’t these writers speak the truth for a change and just say the division is wide open and Parker is taking a bigger leap then any of the present champions thus far?

Fact of the matter is, this division was just cooked out for 15 years and is presently just started to germinate. There is potential as already stated is there. Some good and possible great talent around but the truth is yet to be realized for any of them. As yet no dominant players but 20 belt holders. The world seems so hard up for a heavyweight division that it forwards the fables and urban legends like the writer above. The elephant in the room as always with this division is the fact that its been the lamest division overall in the history of the sport. Any light creeps in and people fly off the deep end.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Ali - over rated
    Frazier - too small
    Foreman
    Holmes
    Bugner - ?
    Ellis - id beat him
    Lyle - ?
    Young
    Shavers - just a punch

hard to disagree with
    Fucking brilliant!! Love it.😂😂😂👏👏

Yeah... haha... brilliant. I figured if I had to actually give reasons why AJ-Haye-Wilder could not possibly be in the same "excitement" universe as Ali-Frazier-Foreman...... something is terribly wrong.

Then I read the following statement....

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Eric started the thread as a piss take and is not serious about most things.

Now I understand.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These are the kinds of reports that perpetuate the current myth concernong the heavyweights. A portion of an article by Bryce Wilson. Boxing News and results, Best source for the latest Boxing News, updated 24/7 - Fightnews.com

In facing Takam, Parker is set to take a giant leap up in the quality of opponent. It is a fight that should serve as a an accurate barometer as to whether the Kiwi prospect really is as good as some people believe or whether much more work remains to be done before he is ready to mix in the heady climes of the elite in the division, along with the Fury’s, Klitschko’s and Wilders of the world.

You have got to be kidding me. The writer questions whether Parker is ready for the elites and then names the elites as Fury, Klitscho and Wilder? Wlad has one foot in retirement and most likely did the last 3 years, Fury's claim is beating him like Marciano over Louis and Wilder has yet to fight a legitimate threat since Stiverne. These are the heavyweight elites? Why don’t these writers speak the truth for a change and just say the division is wide open and Parker is taking a bigger leap then any of the present champions thus far?

Fact of the matter is, this division was just cooked out for 15 years and is presently just started to germinate. There is potential as already stated is there. Some good and possible great talent around but the truth is yet to be realized for any of them. As yet no dominant players but 20 belt holders. The world seems so hard up for a heavyweight division that it forwards the fables and urban legends like the writer above. The elephant in the room as always with this division is the fact that its been the lamest division overall in the history of the sport. Any light creeps in and people fly off the deep end.
    This is what I say. Fighting someone at wilders level shouldn't be considered a top fighter kind of fight. Wilder is still very raw and in no way a great fighter. He is hardly even a good fighter. Same as fury. He is average. But all of these HWs are basically saying they aren't ready for these average fighters.

Thread Information