Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The same people that don't want GGG to move down to fight Canelo....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The same people that don't want GGG to move down to fight Canelo....

... are the same damn people that don't want him to move up to fight Ward.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Canelo comes in on fight night heavier than any MW in the World.
    Ward is 2 weights above GGG . As @Fenster would say..........FACT!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The same people that don't want GGG to move down to fight Canelo....

And both have been saying one thing while moving in another direction for some time now. Again, Ward better focus on that big truck coming. Golovkin should make zero concessions to that red headed imposter living in his spare guest room.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The same people that don't want GGG to move down to fight Canelo....

If you mean the same the people that don't think canelo cam create his own rules the sport should follow are the same ones that don't think absentee Ward should be able to walk in after all this time and create rules the sport should follow...I believe you're right.

Imagine that kind of lack of support for people wanting to trump the ranking system and thereby making titles and the tradition of sport meaningless for the sake of lining their own pockets. I for one am proud of these fans and at how quickly they were to wash the bad taste of mayweather greed and primadonna bullsh*t from the mouth of the sport. You can't buy integrity.
    Last edited by J_Undisputed; 05-17-2016 at 12:24 AM. Reason: grammar
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, Mayweather was so bad, Ward wanting only the best was so bad. GGG is right to only fight B fighters. Nobody should ever challenge themselves. After all, boxing is dangerous.

Shame on Ward for fighting the best at 168, then wanting to fight the best at 160 before moving up for the best at 175. The guy is ridiculous. If he wins against Kovalev he'll probably disgrace the sport by eventually fighting the best at Cruiser, preposterous.

Keep looking down GGG, your an idol to all those looking for paydays. Everyone is in this era so of course we cherish GGGs looking at Chavez a true elite, or looking at Froch at 39 and retired, or Canelo. Don't look to the best, this isn't that era. All hail GGG, its been an honor to watch you beat up guys who aren't on your level. All hail GGG, may he retire having never faced someone who can challenge him. All hail GGG, all hail GGG, All hail GGG

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Yes, Mayweather was so bad, Ward wanting only the best was so bad. GGG is right to only fight B fighters. Nobody should ever challenge themselves. After all, boxing is dangerous.

Shame on Ward for fighting the best at 168, then wanting to fight the best at 160 before moving up for the best at 175. The guy is ridiculous. If he wins against Kovalev he'll probably disgrace the sport by eventually fighting the best at Cruiser, preposterous.

Keep looking down GGG, your an idol to all those looking for paydays. Everyone is in this era so of course we cherish GGGs looking at Chavez a true elite, or looking at Froch at 39 and retired, or Canelo. Don't look to the best, this isn't that era. All hail GGG, its been an honor to watch you beat up guys who aren't on your level. All hail GGG, may he retire having never faced someone who can challenge him. All hail GGG, all hail GGG, All hail GGG
    see, now this is all a bit stronger than your diplomatic post on the other thread to which I've just replied.
    Firstly , Ward hasn't fought the best at 175 yet, and it's taken quite a while to get to the stage where it's merely talked about.
    using your analogy about it being a compliment to GGG that he should move up, Ward (and you) should take is as a compliment that although GGG would ask for no weight concessions against Degale, Froch , Chavez jr. etc. etc. , he believes that to make it a fair fight, a catch weight slap bang in the middle of both their weights (at the time) 164lb . Please do not use that "he wants Ward to drop 8lbs " theory because 172lb is not a weight category, the same as 155lb is not a weight category for Canelo.
    I've said before , IF GGG fought Ward whether at 164lb or 168lb, I believe Ward would win, but it's a fight that realistically would and should never be made . They are different sized guys in many ways, and I'm not a fan of catchweights , because they always give the loser an excuse for losing.
    If the heavier guy wins, the lighter guy says the power and strength were too much to overcome, and if the lighter guy wins, the heavier guy says he was drained at the weight, blah,blah, blah.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

List for me all those champions that moved down in weight to meet another champion and from that Infinitesimal list tell me how things worked out for them?

Fighters already strip down in order the fight in the division they fight and that even includes small middleweights like Golovkin. Let’s also keep in mind that 155 is not a division. Some fighters move up because they have to. They can no longer maintain the weight loss. For some that happens quite quickly for example Roy Jones who had a few at 160, feasted awhile at 168 and then found 175.

It’s a shame that none of the present welters or Jr Middles are not willing to do what their predecessors did with Haglar, Hopkins and Monzon to hand them their stardom. And lucky for those three that they managed for the most part to get these welters up at the tail end of their careers. All of these massive 154 fighters today won’t even mention Golovkins name. Pardon me Lara did once.

El Kabong Guest

Maybe, but GGG ain't the one with a 168 belt yet hasn't fought a true 168-er. Canelo has a 160 belt and I'm sorry if you're at 160 and you have a belt then you're fair game for another 160 champ to demand a fight. GGG hasn't moved up in weight yet, maybe he will in the future.

Andre Ward HAS moved to 175 before (well 172 )....is Kovalev too tough for him? I mean that's where the money is. That's where the talent is.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG is a middleweight (the best one), and has set a goal of cleaning out the division and unifying all of the titles (an admirable goal!). Canelo is the "champ" at MIDDLEWEIGHT, and Andre WAS a champ at SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT, so what is the issue? Ward cleaned out 168 and unified the titles, so he HAS to look outside of his weight class for a challenge (one that will generate interest and money for him), where GGG is still working on getting to that level.

I can't understand how people are turning this issue on GGG, and trying to argue that he should make Jr. Middleweight to fight for the Middleweight title. It really is an asinine argument and point (apologies for being so blunt), and I honestly wish someone could articulate a valid reason for a catchweight. Catchweights are great for non title fights, but it is pretty much against all of the rules of boxing for an individual to win a title at a specific weight, and then force challengers to weigh in at a lighter (or heavier) weight. Makes no sense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see why GGG should be pressured into moving up in weight. The Middleweight division is probably the most natural division and hardest to move up from physiologically.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    I don't see why GGG should be pressured into moving up in weight. The Middleweight division is probably the most natural division and hardest to move up from physiologically.
    Surely the jump from LHW to CW is the hardest move up because of the Weight differential ?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Surely the jump from LHW to CW is the hardest move up because of the Weight differential ?
    Surely we are making excuses for GGG not moving up to challenge someone, but cannot see it with Canelo.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Surely we are making excuses for GGG not moving up to challenge someone, but cannot see it with Canelo.
    He is a MW , he wants to Clean up the division, I cannot see your problem. I'm sure when he's done that, If there are decent challenges at the division above, he'll take them .
    It's only the GGG haters that have a problem and quite frankly I don't know why. If you said "he's not one of the great MW's because he's Beaten nobody" , I can accept that.
    If you said " Ward would beat him", I would accept that.
    But to keep criticising him because he won't move up is ridiculous. What if he puts on 8lb to move up and he gets avoided like he has in the MW division? then he has to shift that 8lb and he fucks up his career because of yo-yo ing.
    Finally if you can't see that Canelo's case is different, you are blind. IF Canelo fought GGG , Canelo would be the bigger man! if Canelo fought any MW in the World, he would be the bigger man. And up until yesterday, he held a MW World title belt, so he should fight at MW.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has cleaned out the mw division long before Canelo got the belt Cotto not really even a mw and Martienz was injured. If he really wanted to challenge him self he should of fought Ward but then he just get killed but people saying same thing about Canelo getting killed by GGG,

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    He has cleaned out the mw division long before Canelo got the belt Cotto not really even a mw and Martienz was injured. If he really wanted to challenge him self he should of fought Ward but then he just get killed but people saying same thing about Canelo getting killed by GGG,
    And the Elephant re-appears in the room! The Ward fight was never a real option, just bait for fans to chew the fat over. Look at what has ACTUALLY happened since all that happened.
    Btw, if they ever fought , I believe Ward would've won, although he wouldn't have "killed him", just outboxed him reasonably comfortably.

Thread Information