Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricky Burns-Michele Di Rocco - Sat/Sky

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Broner would beat the shit out of Ricky Burns, and I dislike Broner as much as anyone. Burns has about as much claim to being a champion at 140 as Charles Martin did at HW.

We'll see. Porter and Maidana mauled Broner. Ricky might not hit as hard as them but he's stronger than malignaggi who pushed Broner all the way.
    In Scotland I'm not sure if Broner would get a decision with his lazy style and if Crawford can't drop Ricky I doubt Broner can either

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Broner would beat the shit out of Ricky Burns, and I dislike Broner as much as anyone. Burns has about as much claim to being a champion at 140 as Charles Martin did at HW.

We'll see. Porter and Maidana mauled Broner. Ricky might not hit as hard as them but he's stronger than malignaggi who pushed Broner all the way.
    In Scotland I'm not sure if Broner would get a decision with his lazy style and if Crawford can't drop Ricky I doubt Broner can either
    Porter and Maidana would have mauled Burns as well, these are bigger and better fighters you are talking about. The guy Burns fought tonight was terrible, every good opponent he's faced in recent years has beaten him. Thought the Figueroa fight could have gone either way but I don't rate Figueroa much.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Porter and Maidana would have mauled Burns as well, these are bigger and better fighters you are talking about. The guy Burns fought tonight was terrible, every good opponent he's faced in recent years has beaten him. Thought the Figueroa fight could have gone either way but I don't rate Figueroa much.
    Yes the European Champion was poor but he was the number 1 contender, but Burns beat him fair and square and you can only beat who's in front of you.!
    Burns maynot be the the best but the beast Crawford could not stop him.!!!
    Ricky lost to so called number 1 in Crawford he was not overwhelmed or Ko was he .
    Ricky Burns has done it the hard some defeats in the start of his career, he became a Champion at 2 weight, got screwed lost his money, came back lost his title , and some defeats regrouped and came back and won his 3rd title.!
    Well done Ricky a really nice guy and more a decent boxer not a great one, but if you want a role model for boxing you just found him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't know why anyone was giving Di Rocco a chance beforehand. Burn's isn't a HOFamer but he's been mixing in world-class for years. Levels.

I'd give him a shot at Broner.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

Yes the European Champion was poor but he was the number 1 contender, but Burns beat him fair and square and you can only beat who's in front of you.!
    Burns maynot be the the best but the beast Crawford could not stop him.!!!
    Ricky lost to so called number 1 in Crawford he was not overwhelmed or Ko was he .
    Ricky Burns has done it the hard some defeats in the start of his career, he became a Champion at 2 weight, got screwed lost his money, came back lost his title , and some defeats regrouped and came back and won his 3rd title.!
    Well done Ricky a really nice guy and more a decent boxer not a great one, but if you want a role model for boxing you just found him.
    I'm sure he's a great guy, and he held his own against Crawford and took a few rounds if I remember. That said though, I think Crawford is still improving and Burns has gone the other way, and it was in Scotland when Crawford didn't have a lot of experience. If they rematched I think it wouldn't be competitive, although Burns is clearly a tough mofo and hasn't been stopped.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information