Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carnivores

Question: Can a person that likes to eat meat condemn other meat eaters on either the basis of what animal it comes from or the way in which it was killed?

I see videos in Asia where they put dozens of dogs in cages, then one by one beat them. Hollering, howling, crying. The comments are very condemning.

Yet there are videos where cows are hung up, spun around, then bled to death.

Yet another, pigs getting clubbed like seals. baby pigs getting their little piglet dicks ripped off like a tag on a pair of jeans.

Chickens by the thousands packed, stacked, steroided up- shitting on each other. Baby chicks moving down a conveyor belt that snaps their necks so we can have our 20 piece hot wings.

I wonder how it is considered inhumane to kill dogs and cats for consumption, but not cattle, birds or pigs? Because we can see the pain in a canine's eyes? Hear it cry in agony?

Just because fish can't cry or vocal chords to holler.. Does that justify stacking them in a net like so many Asians stack dogs in boxes? Put a hook in the fish mouth, then smile and take a photo.

Yes it was sad to watch dogs die in horrible fashion, but just because I don't want a pet cow shouldn't justify the way cattle is killed.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carnivores

I like dogs, I prefer dogs to people.

I won't even watch vet programs on TV because it upsets me too much to see dogs in pain or suffering

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a very good question.

We think of cows as food, but a Hindu is absolutely horrified by the thought as they believe that cows hold the spirit of our dead ancestors.

We anthropomorphise certain animals in the West, mainly for cultural reasons or as pets, but in the East the same thought do not hold sway.

What is undeniable is the cruelty and pain we inflict on animals, especially in the process of ruining our food chain (particularly in America I have to say)

And I say this as a meat eater. 🙁
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Morrissey has a point withhis hardline vegan stance. When you really think about it meat eating is vulgar and savage, but I think it is in my nature to eat meat and short of eating spoonfuls of sugar I have no other way of getting my calories. What else are you supposed to eat? I eat salad every day but I would need to graze 8 hours a day to get 2000 calories which I probably don't even get with meat.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like to think that there are certain regulations based on cruelty around the keeping and killing of that animals I eat

I appreciate very few of them have any quality of life before they are killed, but I like to think the killing part is done as gently as possible

I also appreciate that there is no nice way to take a life, but there are brutal ways
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the dogs are beaten before they are killed?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The dogs are tortured because small minded people think it will give them 'stamina'. They also tend to drive SUV's and IMO are overcompensating. I would like to torture the dog eaters and eat them instead. At least dogs are nice.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I think Morrissey has a point withhis hardline vegan stance. When you really think about it meat eating is vulgar and savage, but I think it is in my nature to eat meat and short of eating spoonfuls of sugar I have no other way of getting my calories. What else are you supposed to eat? I eat salad every day but I would need to graze 8 hours a day to get 2000 calories which I probably don't even get with meat.

The very fact that Morrissey is a vegan is enough of a reason for me to eat as many cows as humanly possible

El Kabong Guest

"Question: Can a person that likes to eat meat condemn other meat eaters on either the basis of what animal it comes from or the way in which it was killed?"

Hunters are condemned all the fucking time.....and hunting is a lot more humane than most practices. In my opinion, if you cannot personally take the life of what you eat then you should not eat it.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

banning hunting is daft man

that law on its own shows me how blind the British public are

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

Have they banned hunting altogether?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Have they banned hunting altogether?

Dunno exactly what the rules are but it was fox hunting that was banned recently

dunno what the rules are on me buying myself a gun and going shooting wild cows

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are literally dog meat festivals. Some Asians think the more pain they inflict. ..the more tender the meat will be.
    Youtube it. Frigging heartbraking if you love dogs.

As for the hunt? Not that caged in killing where the animals of choice got nowhere to run . Nor do i find it civilized to hunt for sport. Then put the head on a mantle or wall.

I agree with the concept if you cannot take the life of the meat eatan...then dont eat it at all.
    A bit hypocritical to condemn how an animal is killed then proceed to chomping it to bits??

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    There are literally dog meat festivals. Some Asians think the more pain they inflict. ..the more tender the meat will be.
    Youtube it. Frigging heartbraking if you love dogs.

As for the hunt? Not that caged in killing where the animals of choice got nowhere to run . Nor do i find it civilized to hunt for sport. Then put the head on a mantle or wall.

I agree with the concept if you cannot take the life of the meat eatan...then dont eat it at all.
    A bit hypocritical to condemn how an animal is killed then proceed to chomping it to bits??
    Yeah, I don't even want to think about the cats and dogs being eaten. Different cultures I guess, but I certainly don't respect the practice.

Canned hunts are a thing and I just don't feel like it's sporting to do. It's not how hunting used to be done, it's a bastardized version of a hunt especially if the animals that have been bred and raised for it have had lots of interactions with humans to the point where they are less afraid of them.

Hunting with the SOLE purpose of a mount or skin is no different than the folks who poach for ivory and Tiger gall bladders or whatever the fuck is considered an aphrodisiac in Asia these days. Also Shark fin soup...never had it, never would try it....fuck I don't even like long line fishing to tell the truth, it's the land mine of fishing....it's indiscriminate of what kind of fish is caught and by the time the boat rolls around to pick the line up the fish could be dead already.

I don't mind taxidermy when I know the animal has been respected properly, as in all the meat has been utilized be it cooked by the hunter, gifted to friends or family, or donated to feed the poor which is something deer hunters in my area do quite a bit. Hunting, is taxing, it's not easy to take a life. Shit I feel bad when possums and squirrels run in front of my car....but hunting should bring the hunter closer to nature, helping him or her understand how nature works, providing them with more respect for wildlife and should have them feeling more thankful for the food they eat because they had to earn that privilege with their own two hands (if you dress the animal yourself...but also killing the animal yourself too, not an easy thing at all).

Some folks are dumb when it comes to where they think they get their food or clothes for that matter, leather doesn't grow on trees.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

land mine of fishing damn!!!! Anyways, excellent perspective.

Thread Information