Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hughie Fury fighting Andy Ruiz Jr.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Hughie best forget AJ maybe a big payday but Hearn has stated the money he wants miles apart.!
    I don't blame Hughie he wants a shed load of money, as he will loose if they fight now or later.
    Fury is no HW Champion in waiting he is no puncher and he is about British level at best.
    His dad may think so but he is his dad, I have not seen anything thing to strike fear into any of the top contenders Hughie has to offer.
    Trying to figure out the money involved in Hearns offer. He said the Fury wanted a 40/60 split. Hearn said they wanted "almost" double than what he offered. Youll never know the truth.

Hughie is definitely above British level.

His results against Rudenko, Arias & Kassi compared to some other top contenders are very good.
    A question for @ross or anyone else that's interested. Hughie is quite high up the HBO Rankings, how would you feel about him and Wlad fighting for the vacant or interim title, with Tyson being champion in recess?
    Everyone else bar Tyson and Wlad right now and maybe Wilder id be confident Hughie could do a job.
    So would you take it? The thing is what's the point in rankings if you get high up them and don't take the fights when offered.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hughie Fury fighting Andy Ruiz Jr.

Having pillow fists and leprosy is the future.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hughie best forget AJ maybe a big payday but Hearn has stated the money he wants miles apart.!
    I don't blame Hughie he wants a shed load of money, as he will loose if they fight now or later.
    Fury is no HW Champion in waiting he is no puncher and he is about British level at best.
    His dad may think so but he is his dad, I have not seen anything thing to strike fear into any of the top contenders Hughie has to offer.
    Trying to figure out the money involved in Hearns offer. He said the Fury wanted a 40/60 split. Hearn said they wanted "almost" double than what he offered. Youll never know the truth.

His results against Rudenko, Arias & Kassi compared to some other top contenders are very good.
    A question for @ross or anyone else that's interested. Hughie is quite high up the HBO Rankings, how would you feel about him and Wlad fighting for the vacant or interim title, with Tyson being champion in recess?
    Everyone else bar Tyson and Wlad right now and maybe Wilder id be confident Hughie could do a job.
    So would you take it? The thing is what's the point in rankings if you get high up them and don't take the fights when offered.
    Well the clue is in the title of professional fighter. You are there to make money and not have the piss taken with tiny percentages.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well the clue is in the title of professional fighter. You are there to make money and not have the piss taken with tiny percentages.
    So you wouldn't take it? Is that what you're saying ? as for tiny percentages, let's not forget, Wlad is not the champion. He would be fighting for a vacant or interim title.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you wouldn't take it? Is that what you're saying ? as for tiny percentages, let's not forget, Wlad is not the champion. He would be fighting for a vacant or interim title.

Think iv just figured out what you actually meant. You werent talking about HBO rankings were you?😂

Wlad for Hughie? No, same as Hearn wont take Wlad for Joshua. Iv heard Wlad has booked a stadium in Germany in December and will fight Ruiz Jr in a WBO interim.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry, I didn't read it back. I meant WBO. Fuck knows how I put HBO! Doh!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No matter how spent Wlad might be, his fighting Andy Ruiz will be more or less a circus event. The tubby will never get past the jab and if he does he'll just be smothered and ground down, can already envision how ugly that will look unless Wlad ends it early. Does Klit want to fight any of the top guys afterwards? Long time to postpone his return for a pointless fight.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    No matter how spent Wlad might be, his fighting Andy Ruiz will be more or less a circus event. The tubby will never get past the jab and if he does he'll just be smothered and ground down, can already envision how ugly that will look unless Wlad ends it early. Does Klit want to fight any of the top guys afterwards? Long time to postpone his return for a pointless fight.
    I would think they are just doing this to annoy the furys after the double postponement by tyson..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just seen Briggs mentioned as a possible new opponent for Hughie depending on what Briggs has lined up.

Cant see Briggs taking it though.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@ross how far do you think Hughie can go in the boxing world? Do you think he has the potential to go all the way?

I have to admit that from what I've seen of him he will come up short by quite a bit.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    @ross how far do you think Hughie can go in the boxing world? Do you think he has the potential to go all the way?

I have to admit that from what I've seen of him he will come up short by quite a bit.
    I agree Hughie is not as good as Tyson Fury.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

I do. Against his best opponents Rudenko, Arias and Kassi he has looked more than competant. Rudenko had one loss on his record and that was a fight he should have got the decision against Brown, who should still be holding the WBA regular belt. Arias went on to win rounds off Pulev, he lost every one against Hughie in a ten rounder but foght Pulev in an 8 rounder. Kassi should have got the decision against Brezeale.

Hughie is good but a mixture of health problems and fighters refusing to fight or pulling out have stalled his progress.

He may not be as brash or dynamic as Tyson or Joshua but hes effective and will be a difficult fight for anyone. A run of fights will show that.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At 20 fights a piece there's nothing in Hughie and Tysons careers. Hughie hasnt been knocked about and on his arse though has he? Hugie has been at 30% so......
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What percent will it take for Hughie to start cracking eggs?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    What percent will it take for Hughie to start cracking eggs?
    He had Arias hurt. Once hes over his problems and gets regular action he will loosen up and the power will be there. No one is having an easy time with him, no one is walking through him and they are tough fighters.

With skills like hes learning he doesnt need to fall back on power. Hes gone the distance and wasnt off balance, getting hurt or looking tired like other fighters

Thread Information