Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hughie Fury fighting Andy Ruiz Jr.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hughie Fury fighting Andy Ruiz Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    http://www.boxingscene.com/tony-thom...ys-ass--109011
    Seems like not quite everybody is avoiding Hughie. Or maybe it's a publicity stunt.
    Maybe not just publicity but deffinitely after a payday. He's not even in any rankings
    Tony Thompson is a difficult fight for anyone, I doubt mini Fury will take it

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    http://www.boxingscene.com/tony-thom...ys-ass--109011
    Seems like not quite everybody is avoiding Hughie. Or maybe it's a publicity stunt.
    Maybe not just publicity but deffinitely after a payday. He's not even in any rankings
    Tony Thompson is a difficult fight for anyone, I doubt mini Fury will take it
    I agree with you Ross, he's clearly after the payday. Infact any Below elite level boxers want to fight the Brits because they know it's Silly Money comparatively speaking.
    I know it's all bollocks at the moment, But do you think the Team Fury would consider this fight? Obviously the fact that he isn't ranked means nothing. After all, you only have to look at the fact that Mark De Mori was ranked.
    Good kudos if Hughie were to beat him , but definitely a banana skin.
    The problem is with all these last minute.com fights is that if he won , people would say "Yeah but Thompson didn't have enough Preparation time."
    It's not Hughie's fault, and I've said this before, But to get him to the next level, Hughie now needs fights where he can have a good Preparation camp and he's not on the same bill as Tyson , so that the focus is on him and Peter can concentrate on him fully.
    At the moment, it kind of feels like his career is treading water.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No idea if they will take it. Will probably depend on what Thompson asks for. The fight with Ruiz was going to be a WBO eliminator so im thinking they will ask the WBO who else they will accept in an eliminator first so they dont lose a potential high ranking opportunity.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone whos obviously friends with Ruiz on facebook has screenshotted his explanation. https://twitter.com/louisgavin/statu...62482349813760

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's plausible.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hughie is gonna fight AJ now... yeah, course he is

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

Tony Thompson is difficult but he's not getting any younger...Ortiz stopped him, Malik Scott beat him by decision. If Thompson was to take the fight and win, it wouldn't derail Hughie's career too much unless of course Thompson knocked him out.

Why not Price

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Tony Thompson is difficult but he's not getting any younger...Ortiz stopped him, Malik Scott beat him by decision. If Thompson was to take the fight and win, it wouldn't derail Hughie's career too much unless of course Thompson knocked him out.

Why not Price
    Exactly that! It feels like top British guys don't want to fight each other because they don't want to fall off the Gravy train. Price, Chis, Hughie, Whyte, even Haye dare I say have all gotta start fighting each other and stop milking the public with meaningless match ups.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Why not Price
    Exactly that! It feels like top British guys don't want to fight each other because they don't want to fall off the Gravy train. Price, Chis, Hughie, Whyte, even Haye dare I say have all gotta start fighting each other and stop milking the public with meaningless match ups.
    Especially if David Price wants to eventually have a clash with Tyson Fury why not just go fight Hughie and blast him out? Seems rather simple and good business either way IMO. If Price wins he sets up a fight with Tyson and if Price loses then Hughie can big up himself and Tyson can say "You aren't even worth my time, I let my cousin handle my light work"

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has the fight been cancelled because of Hughie having that bout of leprosy ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hughie best forget AJ maybe a big payday but Hearn has stated the money he wants miles apart.!
    I don't blame Hughie he wants a shed load of money, as he will loose if they fight now or later.
    Fury is no HW Champion in waiting he is no puncher and he is about British level at best.
    His dad may think so but he is his dad, I have not seen anything thing to strike fear into any of the top contenders Hughie has to offer.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Hughie best forget AJ maybe a big payday but Hearn has stated the money he wants miles apart.!
    I don't blame Hughie he wants a shed load of money, as he will loose if they fight now or later.
    Fury is no HW Champion in waiting he is no puncher and he is about British level at best.
    His dad may think so but he is his dad, I have not seen anything thing to strike fear into any of the top contenders Hughie has to offer.
    Trying to figure out the money involved in Hearns offer. He said the Fury wanted a 40/60 split. Hearn said they wanted "almost" double than what he offered. Youll never know the truth.

Hughie is definitely above British level.

His results against Rudenko, Arias & Kassi compared to some other top contenders are very good.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trying to figure out the money involved in Hearns offer. He said the Fury wanted a 40/60 split. Hearn said they wanted "almost" double than what he offered. Youll never know the truth.

His results against Rudenko, Arias & Kassi compared to some other top contenders are very good.
    Ross he has not won the British title mate, then let's see how far he can go sorry but he is not European level there are some tough guy out there at European level.
    Dillon Whyte would smash him no problem, I can't see Hughie wanting any part of Whyte.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A question for @ross or anyone else that's interested. Hughie is quite high up the HBO Rankings, how would you feel about him and Wlad fighting for the vacant or interim title, with Tyson being champion in recess?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A question for @ross or anyone else that's interested. Hughie is quite high up the HBO Rankings, how would you feel about him and Wlad fighting for the vacant or interim title, with Tyson being champion in recess?
    Everyone else bar Tyson and Wlad right now and maybe Wilder id be confident Hughie could do a job.

Thread Information