Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anthony Crolla vs. Jorge Linares, 12 rounds, for Crolla's WBA lightweight title

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Linares was class he boxed excellently his combination punches were a joy to watch.
    Crolla gave it a go but Linares was a level above, it was a good entertaining fight to watch but only one winner Linares.
    How about Flannigan v Linares that's a cracking fight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Crolla vs. Jorge Linares, 12 rounds, for Crolla's WBA lightweight title

Linares took a year off after the Kevin Mitchell fight, so I could see Crolla fight Flannigan with the winner facing Jorge.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Crolla vs. Jorge Linares, 12 rounds, for Crolla's WBA lightweight title

Cracking fight. Linares was the business, I thought Crolla would do him late and up until the 6th I still felt that, Linares didnt look comfortable at all. When Crolla got rattled that was the fight over with as far as he was concerned. He never managed to put the foot down as intended.

There's nothing wrong with investing in the early rounds to pay dividends in the later rounds, for Crolla over Linares it was the right (only) tactic to employ. The trouble with that gameplan is, if you get the skids put under you before you get to do your work, you end up looking a bit of a plum. Seen lots of criticism of Crolla and Gallagher for their approach to the fight. Honestly, Im not sure what people expected.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Cracking fight. Linares was the business, I thought Crolla would do him late and up until the 6th I still felt that, Linares didnt look comfortable at all. When Crolla got rattled that was the fight over with as far as he was concerned. He never managed to put the foot down as intended.

There's nothing wrong with investing in the early rounds to pay dividends in the later rounds, for Crolla over Linares it was the right (only) tactic to employ. The trouble with that gameplan is, if you get the skids put under you before you get to do your work, you end up looking a bit of a plum. Seen lots of criticism of Crolla and Gallagher for their approach to the fight. Honestly, Im not sure what people expected.
    It was the right tactic against an older fighter and he won the subsequent rounds after the 6th because Linares was a bit gassed out.

Quality beat quantity on this occasion.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree for this fight, and getting hurt in the 6th really killed his momentum(though you could argue the ref stopped Linares from doing effective body work before that as well), but it seems to me that all of Gallaghers guys fight the same way every time? Quigg against Frampton and Liam Smith against Canelo was more or less the same game plan, plod forward with a high guard and make no adjustments, as if the late rounds will just come to you. That's not often going to work against more talented fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From a US boxing fan's perspective, I really don't think this loss hurts Crolla one bit... He fought w/ all his might and he came up a bit short all the while showing class before, during and after the fight.... I think Anthony Crolla comes back a better fighter after all of this and is poised to do some more damage in the division in big fights down the road.......

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both guys are skillful good fighters but ill go for Anthony Crolla

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kevin View Post
    I'm edging towards Linares! 😂😂😂

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who are you?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

I agree for this fight, and getting hurt in the 6th really killed his momentum(though you could argue the ref stopped Linares from doing effective body work before that as well), but it seems to me that all of Gallaghers guys fight the same way every time? Quigg against Frampton and Liam Smith against Canelo was more or less the same game plan, plod forward with a high guard and make no adjustments, as if the late rounds will just come to you. That's not often going to work against more talented fighters.
    I agree in part but lets be honest, Smith was always a lamb to the slaughter against Canelo and there was a good arguement for Linares and Frampton wilting down the stretch. These few fights have been a big stick to beat Gallagher with over the last few days. Some of what I've read has been a bit out of order given that of the three fights in question, one stood no chance, and two had one chance. Technically Crolla and Quigg were out of their depth.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Who are you?
    hes a legend @Master
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Who are you?
    hes a legend @Master
    You sure? More a bell end.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep ok bell end
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information