Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Crolla vs. Jorge Linares, 12 rounds, for Crolla's WBA lightweight title

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Crolla vs. Jorge Linares, 12 rounds, for Crolla's WBA lightweight title

Two of those cards were way to close, Linares shouldn't have needed those last two rounds clear, but obviously he did and good for him fighting like it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Crolla vs. Jorge Linares, 12 rounds, for Crolla's WBA lightweight title

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Two of those cards were way to close, Linares shouldn't have needed those last two rounds clear, but obviously he did and good for him fighting like it.
    England is the new Quebec.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right man won that is all that matters. very good fight from the best 2 lightweights.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Linares was brilliant and so was Crolla. Great fight Great entertainment. Bed for me work in the morning.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't get to see this as I had plans with the old man that didn't involve streaming boxing unfortunately, was it action packed enough to watch after the fact knowing the result?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight shit referee right decision

I'm retiring to the batcave to get some shut eye now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very entertaining fight well done Jorge you had a bit more than I predicted, thought the six round was pivotal along with the early body shots, 2 dollar Crolla needs to get some head movement with the high guard next time a very punishing fight for both men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight where both guys gave their all in every round and a FOTY contender like we all predicted.... Bravo for the little big men of our sport....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the RBR caught it late and just a fantastic ebb and flow scrap. No dog in either, still and today Linares should be so much more in the know than he is. One of the sharpest hitters going. Rematch will be just as good.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A good entertaining fight right guy won , a rematch maybe we'll worth watching Crolla is a much improved fighter and he made it comparative
    12 good rounds of boxing what more do you want.
    Last edited by Dia bando; 09-26-2016 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent fight. I thought Linares extra class/change of pace would be the difference. Crolla more than held his own, not sure he can do much different in the rematch.

I think Paulie is a terrific commentator but he went all para about home-cooking. 117-111 against Crolla was more harsh than 115-114 for Linares. Right man won is all that matters.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Excellent fight. I thought Linares extra class/change of pace would be the difference. Crolla more than held his own, not sure he can do much different in the rematch.

I think Paulie is a terrific commentator but he went all para about home-cooking. 117-111 against Crolla was more harsh than 115-114 for Linares. Right man won is all that matters.
    The ref was definitely "home cooked" whenever Crolla cried low blow the ref came running in to protect him. That put me off Crolla and wanted Linares to win. They were good body shots.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think 117-111 was off at all. Crolla seemed to be coming on while Linares was fading for a good stretch of the fight, but it was mainly down to body language, he still lost most of the rounds. His best overall was probably the 6th until he got hurt. Having the fight even going into the 12th is far harder to justify.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

The ref was definitely "home cooked" whenever Crolla cried low blow the ref came running in to protect him. That put me off Crolla and wanted Linares to win. They were good body shots.
    Same here, I wanted Linares to win after the constant complaining about low blows. I even rewinded it and saw the blows were on the belt line. Even Malignaggi that was doing the commentating said you can't be reffing your own fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I don't think 117-111 was off at all. Crolla seemed to be coming on while Linares was fading for a good stretch of the fight, but it was mainly down to body language, he still lost most of the rounds. His best overall was probably the 6th until he got hurt. Having the fight even going into the 12th is far harder to justify.
    Not saying it was off (I had Linares a clear winner), just that it was wider than the majority seem to have scored it. And that was against the home fighter.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information