Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Wlad Off

To be fair if it is a mental issue can you imagine being in his shoes for the last year?

The hate and constant hounding by the media and even boxing "fans" on social media etc.

A statement is being made Tuesday and Bayloric have done an interview with Peter Fury this morning that will be released after.

Again, he has not bottled it at all. You dont do what Tyson did and treat the Klitschkos on their own show in Germany the way Tyson did if you have no bottle. Plenty went to Germany and just accepted defeat. Some even excused themselves with broken toes

You dont beat someone so easily and comprehensively then suddenly get scared to fight the same opponent.
    Last edited by ross; 09-24-2016 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/peterfury...07906069123072

The first sentence is key in this tweet. "With Tyson's condition, he cannot be held culpable."
    I think we're definitely talking about a mental rather than physical condition here. Not everyone is gonna feel the same way, but I feel for him and wish him well.
    The Boxing doesn't come into it really, his health is most important, and deep down, I reckon he's quite a nice bloke.
    Agree, having mental health issues is an awful thing. My girlfriend is a psychiatric nurse and some of the things her patients go through is just awful. Do I think its any worse pulling out of a fight with mental health issues rather than a physical injury no. Do I think Fury owes Haye and the fans an apology, yes. Fury should vacate the belts. He has been out of the ring for nearly a year and is unlikely to fight anytime soon. I doubt we will see him again although he is still very young for a heavy.

Plenty of good fights for the title. Wlad v Hughie would make sense. Would also like to see a Wlad Haye rematch. Think Haye looks a lot better at heavy now after putting on some weight. Wlad Joshua be another good one and would be for massive money. 100000 in wembley and PPV sales from UK and Germany.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury showed guts to go to germany last time out , but money and no brain have taken away his desire and bottle.He wont fight again and will be stripped.Look forward to years of fury telling us he is the linear champion even though he has no desire or intention to fight.The Terry Marsh syndrome , retire before you get beaten. In furys case he will just hang around like a bad smell.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 09-24-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rumours on Twittter is that he tried to commit suicide. Very sad news if true. Hope he can bounce back.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The rumour mill has definitely been going into overdrive with this one, I think we need to wait and actually see what confirmation comes from the Fury camp about what the condition is. Whatever it is, I hope Tyson does fully recover and gets in the right place to fight again. However, I also see that Eddie Hearn has been on twitter saying that they have contacted the Klitschko camp about a possible November fight between Wlad and Antony Joshua. Definitely a good replacement in my mind.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just like Haye I doubt any sane promoter will want to deal with team fury after he is stripped of the titles .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry guys, but I think Fury has been a bit of a dumb ass after the best performance of his career.... I just don't get it....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury owes no one an apology..

He beat the man and they rewarded him by taking one of his belts?(disgusting)

Fury is obviously having a few issues so he should be given a certain amount of time to return to the ring (3 months) and his belts should stay with him.

Let Wlad fight amongst the rest of the bunch.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Fury is obviously having a few issues so he should be given a certain amount of time to return to the ring (3 months) and his belts should stay with him.

Disagree, noone should be able to keep their titles for longer than a year without fighting. Meanwhile a guy who is entitled to a rematch is left plucking his pubes. I dont see how you think that is fair.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well hes not shying away. Hes sat in the crowd watching his cousing Hosea Burton fight in Manchester

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I missing something or isn't it pretty simple? Depending on Tuesday's "announcement " , if he is mentally a bit fucked at the moment and has medical back up, he becomes Champion in recess, Wlad fights whoever for the title, and IF or WHEN Tyson ever becomes fit to fight , Tyson fights the champion.
    Let's not underestimate this, he may never fight again, or he may be ok fairly soon.
    Simples, no?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Disagree, noone should be able to keep their titles for longer than a year without fighting. Meanwhile a guy who is entitled to a rematch is left plucking his pubes. I dont see how you think that is fair.
    Fury has made the heavyweight scene exciting again (to some degree) and deserves time!

Just imagine if he never beat Wlad??

Wlad would be still sucking the life out of boxing..fury changed everything!

Give him a break.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well it's a bit sad, I was quite looking forward to that rematch, hopefully they can make it again within a few months.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How did Fury change everything? lol. He beat Wlad in an awful fight and hasn't done anything but postpone the rematch(which was claused in) since. It's not a matter of not giving him a break, if he isn't going to be fit to fight any time soon then the show must go on.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...n-fury-8907432
    Telling testers to fuck off that just screams CLEAN

Thread Information