Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Janaye Ervin be kicked out of the US Navy?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should Janaye Ervin be kicked out of the US Navy?

She failed to honor the flag and she is in the US Navy.

Let me ask the vets in here who I know; @walrus

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Should Janaye Ervin be kicked out of the US Navy?

Not a vet, but if you're serving in the military and you're not standing and saluting it's bye bye time.

Any branch of the military doesn't accommodate different opinions, you're there to do as you're ordered and if ANYTHING gets in the way of that you've got to go. I'm damned sure had anyone known about this in basic she'd have washed out because the DI's would have made it their duty to break her.

Let me put it this way.....had she worn the wrong uniform she'd likely have been sent home....soooo not honoring the flag you're supposed to be fighting for and protecting the citizens of that won't sit well with the higher ups.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate to have a Gary Johnson moment but I've heard nothing about this yet . What was her motivation. If citizens have issues with what the country is doing and choose to protest I have no issue with it. But if your feelings run so deep why would you want to wear a uniform in the first place

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

She should be killed along with everyone else in ANY kind of uniform. BWAHAHA.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    What about nurses? surely we can allow nurses uniforms? I'm on about the sexy nurses, not the fat auld shlags with feathery growlers

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    What about nurses? surely we can allow nurses uniforms? I'm on about the sexy nurses, not the fat auld shlags with feathery growlers
    How sexist! How misogynistic! @ruthless rocco

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you believe in free expression then you believe in free expression.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    As a citizen she can do as she pleases...in uniform she is to do what she's told

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    As a citizen she can do as she pleases...in uniform she is to do what she's told
    And √THAT Trumps Gandalf's comment.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are the guys saying how wrong the wars were and how bad Clinton is for voting for Iraq etc. By logical extension these wars are unpatriotic and un-American. They are being fought on the whims of an oligarchy. My own position is that you should never sign up for the military. That is the act of patriotism in the face of the war machine. However, if people in the forces, for whatever reason, realise that the system is not patriotic or about the constitution or protecting Americans, then they have every right to express that. It is frowned upon, it will make their lives hell, but it takes guts to do and should be applauded. Many of these wars were not only unpatriotic, but were treasonous against the American people. People died based on lies and fairy tales. Sometimes a flag is a dark symbol and if someone sees that, then should express it. Freedom of expression even for people who haven't quite had it kicked out of them yet.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    That's racist. Expecting a black soldier to follow orders! Your white privilege is showing.

El Kabong Guest

You are the guys saying how wrong the wars were and how bad Clinton is for voting for Iraq etc. By logical extension these wars are unpatriotic and un-American. They are being fought on the whims of an oligarchy. My own position is that you should never sign up for the military. That is the act of patriotism in the face of the war machine. However, if people in the forces, for whatever reason, realise that the system is not patriotic or about the constitution or protecting Americans, then they have every right to express that. It is frowned upon, it will make their lives hell, but it takes guts to do and should be applauded. Many of these wars were not only unpatriotic, but were treasonous against the American people. People died based on lies and fairy tales. Sometimes a flag is a dark symbol and if someone sees that, then should express it. Freedom of expression even for people who haven't quite had it kicked out of them yet.
    Chill out Mary.

The military doesn't operate on "free thought" or "free action" if everyone isn't pulling in the same direction for the same goal then guess what, people die.

Won't stand for the anthem, well I guess her white members of the service can also count her out for doing her part to save their lives.

Don't like the flag then don't enlist!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People shouldn't be signing up for the military if they really care about their country. I have often made that argument. By the same token though I think people who have signed up somewhat naively, then learned a few realities, are still people. If some woman wants to resist, then resist she shall. It is far more patriotic to follow the constitution and care about your fellow citizens than some military formality. I find it strange how freedom of speech is deemed paramount then off limits once you serve an oligopoly. Sometimes people sign up as patriots like Snowden and Manning and then find the system to be quite rotten. It is wrong to demonise people who act on principle and in good conscience. No strand of government or military should be beyond criticism.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

She swore an oath understanding that failure to do so is a direct violation of code of conduct and punishable, reserve or not. You do not get to fall back on 'ideology' or freedom to protest and you do not stop being in the military once the uniform comes off. It's a half ass empty gesture just like the other sailor who waited to film herself doing so. If you're that committed, resign your command become a civilian and take the consequences.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    She swore an oath understanding that failure to do so is a direct violation of code of conduct and punishable, reserve or not. You do not get to fall back on 'ideology' or freedom to protest and you do not stop being in the military once the uniform comes off. It's a half ass empty gesture just like the other sailor who waited to film herself doing so. If you're that committed, resign your command become a civilian and take the consequences.
    Yup

Thread Information