Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Juergen Braehmer v Nathan Cleverly - WBA Light Heavyweight Title - Saturday 1 October

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Juergen Braehmer v Nathan Cleverly - WBA Light Heavyweight Title - Saturday 1 October

One of the most boring title holders in boxing is fighting again - this time against Welsh former champion Nathan Cleverly. Having held the WBA belt for three years, his biggest bouts have been to fight Enzo Maccarinelli, as much as I'm a fan, and Robin Krasniqi, who also lost to Cleverly. In what is a fairly strong division, that is not exactly the signs of a champion who wants to fight the best. I can see the attractions of this match-up for Braehmer, Cleverly is a relatively big name without a significant win in over two years, although he showed plenty of heart and desire against Fonfara. For me, this fight goes one of two ways - either peak Cleverly shows up and outboxes Braehmer to a strong away win, or Cleverly's fade continues, and Braehmer wins a pretty dull fight. Personally, I hope its the former!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juergen Braehmer v Nathan Cleverly - WBA Light Heavyweight Title - Saturday 1 Oct

I hope Cleverley can do it too!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juergen Braehmer v Nathan Cleverly - WBA Light Heavyweight Title - Saturday 1 Oct

I'd forgotten he was a title holder, goes to show why the WBA are probably the worst of the alphabet bodies now. How can you have a "regular" champion with no obligation to fight the "super" one, shouldn't that be enforceable just as a mandatory slot would be? Of course Braehmer would never fight Kovalev and nobody would want to see that, but just in theory it's such a farce. I'm pretty sure that no hoper Muhamadandijihad or whatever was a mandatory for Kov's WBA title to boot, does Braehmer not have any then? Who cares.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I'd forgotten he was a title holder, goes to show why the WBA are probably the worst of the alphabet bodies now. How can you have a "regular" champion with no obligation to fight the "super" one, shouldn't that be enforceable just as a mandatory slot would be? Of course Braehmer would never fight Kovalev and nobody would want to see that, but just in theory it's such a farce. I'm pretty sure that no hoper Muhamadandijihad or whatever was a mandatory for Kov's WBA title to boot, does Braehmer not have any then? Who cares.
    Isn't Ahmadinijad the leader of Iran? Is the guy you mean the one that lost to Cleverly a few years ago? French - Moroccan guy (boxrec tells me Nadjib Mohammedi - lost to Kovalev last year). Yeah, the WBA is making the good ole WBO look like they're edging into third place in terms of the bodies.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Isn't Ahmadinijad the leader of Iran? Is the guy you mean the one that lost to Cleverly a few years ago? French - Moroccan guy (boxrec tells me Nadjib Mohammedi - lost to Kovalev last year). Yeah, the WBA is making the good ole WBO look like they're edging into third place in terms of the bodies.
    He hasn't been in power for a few years to my knowledge, but tongue in cheek my man All of their names are probably the result of white supremacy anyways, after all. Didn't realize he'd fought Cleverly, but his facing Kovalev was one of the more pointless fights in recent memory.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be great to see Cleverly champion again but even he would not fight Kovalev again.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It would be great to see Cleverly champion again but even he would not fight Kovalev again.
    He would fight him again......but he would get KO'd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I picked Braehmer on the challenge.... But, I've been wrong before....

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Price vs. Ivica Perkovic will be on the undercard.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Another "last minute.com" fight for a British HW. He'll spark him out and start calling Joshua out again. Pathetic

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough to see how Clev can win, he doesn't have the power to chin Braehmer who is a nightmare to beat. The best thing Clev has going for him is Braehmer has been around since the boer war.

Because of Clev's workrate - he will throw much more - you can get the "robbery" cries in now.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't believe how much of a robbery this is going to be. Disgraceful. Typical German adjudication.

As for the late addition of David Price, I guess it gives something with a British interest for Sky to show before Cleverly, but the reality is that if he doesn't KO this guy then it will be an abject failure for him.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha i met perkovic this summer, he is a world class bouncer, very good, I hope he wins !

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    haha i met perkovic this summer, he is a world class bouncer, very good, I hope he wins !

Haha, like he's actually a bouncer Where did you meet him. Would be kind of funny if Price lost this, in a very unfunny way for him of course.

Thread Information