Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Garcia fighting another tomato can

And none of them want any part of Spence, that is all.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia fought some solid fighters, but then he went into hiding to save his 0. Because of that, he has lost all of his momentum. Don't get me wrong, I will still be excited to see him vs Thurman, but not nearly as excited as I would be if he had been beating top fighters in recent years.

For what its worth, I would pick Thurman to win but I wouldn't count out Garcia. Thurman has shown that he can be hit and hurt and Garcia's counters are his best weapon.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia also got two or three true gift decisions. I like his attitude but as others said I was avidly following him and he has done a nosedive

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I agree he's fought some questionable opponents recently but he's actually got the best record and names on his record currently if you take Floyd and paceman out of the question. Show me 1 fighter at 147lbs who beat better opponents than Garcia, people being a bit hard on him he certainly has beat better fighters than Thurman
    I do not think he has at welterweight. His opposition is not better than Thurman.
    Over there career Garcia has by far the best record Thurman only has porter and maybe Guerrero that's it, when they fight I'm picking Garcia to win Thurman is great don't get me wrong but Garcia been in with and beat more quality fighters
    I said at welterweight.

You lot are stupid if you think Garcia would beat Thurman at welterweight. Garcia is not the same force at this weight which is why he has not fought top opposition.
    well obviously Thurman going to have better record at welterweight Garcia has only had 2 fights and welterweight can't believe your seriously saying Thurman got better record at welterweight lol. Thurman will be favourite in the bookies I would imagine but yea I would slightly favour Garcia as I said before he has by far the better record and beat much better fighters
    At the lower weights which does not mean much. Garcia is treading water waiting for Floyd to fight him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Floyd had retired

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I thought Floyd had retired
    You know as well as me that he is waiting to come back for his 50th fight to claim he is TBE.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by batman View Post
    i thought floyd had retired
    you know as well as me that he is waiting to come back for his 50th fight to claim he is tbe.
    :d:d:d

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By my count Danny Swift Garcia has had no less than 5 "tune ups" already since he broke Lucas Mathysse orbital bone w/ a headbutt.... And of those 5 tune ups I think he lost to Herrera & Peterson and now DSG is fighting who? SMDH.....

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    And none of them want any part of Spence, that is all.
    That seems to be true. Roberto Garcia was lobbying hard to fight Danny Garcia; he is 38-3, I think, but he is also 37 and it would be a good payday. But last year he couldn't make weight to fight Spence and missed out on a 200k check.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You gotta be objective about these things. I was a big Garcia fan a few years ago also. But his stock has fallen faster than Wall Street after 9/11.
    Nothing sours fans on a fighter faster than inactivity, or switching to fighting bums.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    You gotta be objective about these things. I was a big Garcia fan a few years ago also. But his stock has fallen faster than Wall Street after 9/11.
    Nothing sours fans on a fighter faster than inactivity, or switching to fighting bums.
    The situation kind of reminds me of Andre Ward's. Inactivity, fighting bad opponents, and losing fans. But like Ward he can definitely regain those fans by taking a big risky fight, like Thurman, which he said he will. So let's see.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    The situation kind of reminds me of Andre Ward's. Inactivity, fighting bad opponents, and losing fans. But like Ward he can definitely regain those fans by taking a big risky fight, like Thurman, which he said he will. So let's see.
    I agree to an extent, but ward had already totally proven himself to be a top p4p fighter. He fought good competition. Most are just mad that he hasn't done anything in the last few years. Garcia proved that he was a good fighter but has never proven that he was great and has lowered his stock greatly whereas ward still has huge interest for boxing fans.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Always sceptical about fights that get "made" when one or both fighters have fights lined up beforehand.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Garcia v Thurman doesn't happen in March. Hope I'm wrong, these fights need to happen.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thurman won't take a tune up fight and will hold out for Garcia in march, apparently. The guy Garcia is fighting next doesn't look much good and he's not a mover, so no reason to expect a wrench there either.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't ever liked him, while I can't question his ability and power I can question his last few years.

After Khan and Mattyhesse(questionable spelling probably) he should have been strength to strength, instead he's sorta stalled and became rather invisible.

Would have liked to see old pimp looking danny aim to unify rather than sit in the rather obscure position he's in just now.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Thread Information