Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Garcia fighting another tomato can

He is fighting a guy named Samuel Garcia who supposedly already got destroyed by Spence last year. If Garcia wins, he is supposed to fight Thurman.

I was a big Garcia supporter a few years back, but he has lost me. I have tried to root for him and make some excuses for him but I can't anymore. At his level, you cannot be fighting someone of such a low caliber. It's embarrassing.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Garcia fighting another tomato can

Dannys wardrobe is now more electrifying than he is in the ring. Why even bother having a fight ffs, regardless of stringing us along to 'future big fight..we swearz' this is a big reason PBC may be circling in the porcelain bowl . Spence Jr. absolutely clowned this poor fella..in his 15th fight!

Fortuna v Douglas on undercard decent enough, and should be main event.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In fairness, it's no secret that PBC and Haymon have been in trouble lately, maybe Garcia just wanted to fight someone, his last bout was 10 months ago. I'll wait to criticize the guy until he clearly turns down a good opportunity, everyone in boxing seems to know it's a hard place for Haymon fighters at the moment.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    In fairness, it's no secret that PBC and Haymon have been in trouble lately, maybe Garcia just wanted to fight someone, his last bout was 10 months ago. I'll wait to criticize the guy until he clearly turns down a good opportunity, everyone in boxing seems to know it's a hard place for Haymon fighters at the moment.
    He really has himself to blame for that though yeah? He proclaims to be this dominate force, talking 'legacy' in the same sentence as Mayweather but plays the company role yet again and watches talked about November dates with Khan, Berto, Molina Jr. and then they settle on the lowest hanging fruit with Rod Salka ish mismatch here. In hindsight at least Berto was still respectable tune up and at least ranked in top 10 or 15. If Thurman is around corner that's outstanding event, but they're talking what Feb or March..in a years time Garcia will have done nothing by publically spar as he continues to tip toe in division basically. This division is just so stacked, great fights we need! Now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    He is fighting a guy named Samuel Garcia who supposedly already got destroyed by Spence last year. If Garcia wins, he is supposed to fight Thurman.

I was a big Garcia supporter a few years back, but he has lost me. I have tried to root for him and make some excuses for him but I can't anymore. At his level, you cannot be fighting someone of such a low caliber. It's embarrassing.
    Dont understand why people are getting annoyed it's the exact same thing ward and kov did a tune up before the big showdown. I have no problem with this fight

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post

Dont understand why people are getting annoyed it's the exact same thing ward and kov did a tune up before the big showdown. I have no problem with this fight
    Kovalev fought chilemba who was a legit opponent. I didn't like Ward's choice of opponent and didn't defend it. Although ward has definitely proven himself in the past.

Garcia is fighting Vargas who is an absolute nobody. I wouldn't have had a huge problem with the fight if he had either been fighting top fighters the past few years or if he fought at least someone with a name. This is going to just be a glorified sparring session.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kovalev fought chilemba who was a legit opponent. I didn't like Ward's choice of opponent and didn't defend it. Although ward has definitely proven himself in the past.

Garcia is fighting Vargas who is an absolute nobody. I wouldn't have had a huge problem with the fight if he had either been fighting top fighters the past few years or if he fought at least someone with a name. This is going to just be a glorified sparring session.
    Agreed. This issue with Garcia is, for an unbeaten belt holder, his best opponent to date is a weather worn Guerrero. They can't market him outside of his region because he's not fighting anyone above a certain caliber so he can nurse that zero (a la floyd). All the Philly fans or Puerto Rican fans might travel as far as Brooklyn to watch him pummel a no hoper, but his stock is dropping fast outside those markets and he'd find that out when it came time to decide percentages (Like Danny Jacobs is) if he and Thurman weren't fighting under the same banner. We're not the only ones clowning him.

Keith Thurman, Errol Spence and Terence Crawford rip into Danny Garcia - Boxing News
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree he's fought some questionable opponents recently but he's actually got the best record and names on his record currently if you take Floyd and paceman out of the question. Show me 1 fighter at 147lbs who beat better opponents than Garcia, people being a bit hard on him he certainly has beat better fighters than Thurman

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree he's fought some questionable opponents recently but he's actually got the best record and names on his record currently if you take Floyd and paceman out of the question. Show me 1 fighter at 147lbs who beat better opponents than Garcia, people being a bit hard on him he certainly has beat better fighters than Thurman
    I do not think he has at welterweight. His opposition is not better than Thurman.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont know if he has the fan base at all really. I was at his fight against Peterson in Brooklyn and there were very few people cheering for him in the crowd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I do not think he has at welterweight. His opposition is not better than Thurman.
    Over there career Garcia has by far the best record Thurman only has porter and maybe Guerrero that's it, when they fight I'm picking Garcia to win Thurman is great don't get me wrong but Garcia been in with and beat more quality fighters

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please tell me fighters thurman has faced that are better than Khan and Lucas.

I'm annoyed with Danny's slow progress but it's crunch time when he fights and beats thurman.

I like angel and want them both to do well but let's get real..the winner of this still needs to beat pacman to prove who is the best at 147 now Floyd is gone...(did I mention errol spence!)

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia has been taking the piss really, his resume may look better than others but he is in no way pulling up trees, I think if he was to fight Khan again I would actually be rooting for Khan to win (fuck me I never thought I'd say that) at least Khan is willing to be knocked out by big name fighters...saying that he is probably still waiting for Floyd to fight him.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Over there career Garcia has by far the best record Thurman only has porter and maybe Guerrero that's it, when they fight I'm picking Garcia to win Thurman is great don't get me wrong but Garcia been in with and beat more quality fighters
    I said at welterweight.

You lot are stupid if you think Garcia would beat Thurman at welterweight. Garcia is not the same force at this weight which is why he has not fought top opposition.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said at welterweight.

You lot are stupid if you think Garcia would beat Thurman at welterweight. Garcia is not the same force at this weight which is why he has not fought top opposition.
    well obviously Thurman going to have better record at welterweight Garcia has only had 2 fights and welterweight can't believe your seriously saying Thurman got better record at welterweight lol. Thurman will be favourite in the bookies I would imagine but yea I would slightly favour Garcia as I said before he has by far the better record and beat much better fighters

Thread Information