Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default James DeGale v Badou Jack

James DeGale is not bothered that Badou Jack has the backing of Floyd Mayweather for their world title unification clash.

The IBF champion will make his third consecutive trip to America for his super-middleweight showdown with WBC title holder Jack on January 14.

Jack's career has been guided by 'Mayweather Promotions', which was founded by the former five-weight world champion Floyd, who regularly watches the Las Vegas fighter from ringside.

DeGale confronted Mayweather earlier this year to call for a fight with Jack and 'Chunky' is not worried about taking on a member of 'The Money Team.'

"Jack is a part of Mayweather's team, TMT, so it's good," he told Sky Sports in an exclusive interview.

"He's got very good backing from Floyd Mayweather and we all know Mayweather and we know he is still huge, but he's not getting in the ring with me on fight night, is he?

"It should be a good fight. Now it's finally being confirmed, I am on it. I'm in business."

DeGale's British rival George Groves was beaten on points by Jack on the undercard of Mayweather's farewell win over Andre Berto in Las Vegas last September.

Groves complained angrily about the scoring, but DeGale dismissed his old foe's claims, and believes Jack is better than his results suggest.

"Badou Jack is an underrated fighter. He's a bit like me, he doesn't really get enough credit," said DeGale.

"Since he won the world title, I think he's an improved fighter and got better. If I am not on my game, or not on the ball, I could easily lose to Jack.

"Don't forget Jack beat Anthony Dirrell to win the world title. Then he beat Groves convincingly - he put him down and I mean beat him convincingly - and then he handled Lucien Bute.

"Concentration has always been my problem, switching off because I know it's too easy, but for this one I've got to be fully-focused on my game to beat Jack.

"If I don't I know I could lose and I don't want that. You will see me become a unified world champion."

DeGale: Floyd can't help Jack
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James DeGale v Badou Jack

DeGale should win this comfortably if he is at his best

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    DeGale should win this comfortably if he is at his best
    I hope you are right.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jack has actually started to somewhat impress me recently. Earlier in his career, I thought that he was going nowhere. He has shown that he is a pretty decent fight. Degale is pretty decent too so I'm assuming it will be a close fight. I don't really favor either one.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think DeGale should win, if there is a stoppage I'd be shocked if it wasn't him on the giving end of it. Both guys tend to make fights closer than they need to and struggle to pace themselves though, it could be very cagey and underwhelming.

Thread Information