Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carl Froch considering return to the ring for Gennady Golovkin super-fight

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl Froch considering return to the ring for Gennady Golovkin super-fight

A few different websites are reporting that talks have already begun for an 80,000 plus mega fight at Wembley Stadium in 2017
    This would generate MASSIVE money and would be huge with all the tv networks and at the end of the day money talks especially in the fight game.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...-a7415981.html

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch considering return to the ring for Gennady Golovkin super-fight

If this fight was to have happened after groves 2 I'd have been very excited and gave him a shot.

But by the tie the fight happens he'll have been out for 3 years and I feel he'll take a solid beating.

However if he didn't get old and stayed in the gym with some solid sparring regularly he may put on a show.

His saving grace is his chin and the fact that GGG isn't exactly young either.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch considering return to the ring for Gennady Golovkin super-fight

Froch would have a huge size advantage and is said to be in decent shape and still hitting the gym regularly.
    Plenty of fighters comeback after 2-3 years and still do well or win titles but this would have to be made at a catch weight.
    Thing is the money this would give both fighters would be astronomical and maybe (In Froch's case anyway) too big to turn down
    Would be an out and out war if they did fight and nothing at all would touch it or even come close as fight of the year and that's just in terms of magnitude..... it really would be THE fight of the year
    Last edited by smashup; 11-15-2016 at 01:24 AM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stupid fight because GGG has said he would not move up and he is too small.

Froch has been out of the ring.

What will be gained?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

What will be gained?

Massive Bragging rights for a start plus about £15 Million for each fighter and about £20 Million for Eddie Hearn

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I smile thinking about GGG saying he wouldn't fight Ward because he was focused on cleaning out 160.

Question for those that defended that BS. What do Canelo, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Brook, Steiglitz, Chavez and Froch have in common?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I smile thinking about GGG saying he wouldn't fight Ward because he was focused on cleaning out 160.

Question for those that defended that BS. What do Canelo, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Brook, Steiglitz, Chavez and Froch have in common?
    No idea?

I defended GGG for not moving up and if he does this then I can not.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was going for none of them are middleweights, I believe.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here we go again! I've replied to you on this in great detail on many occasions and funnily enough you never reply back, so I'm not going to waste my time again. Yawn.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[/I]UOTE=Primo Carnera;1399678]
    Are we still excusing GGGs people for their ever changing stories

"Everyone from 154-175"

"Everyone from 154-168"

Wanted Stieglitz at 168 way back in 2011

Wanted Chavez at 168, "focusing on 160" when Ward was brought up

Wanted Froch at 164, err 166, err, 168, "Focusing on 160" when Ward was brought up

Wanted Mayweather at 154 "focusing on 160" when Ward was brought up

Said they were not big enough of a name yet for Ward, later said they were too big a name. They had to get an even deal "we just want 50/50 from him"

When 50/50 was offered Loeffler said "we think it should wait until after Lemieux and after Canelo because we can get better than 50/50"

I could list more changing stories, many more.

Is this still okay because GGG?
    Wanted Stieglitz at 168 way back in 2011

Can't see a problem with that.

Wanted Chavez at 168, "focusing on 160" when Ward was brought up
    Yep, he beats Chavez at any weight , wanted to fight Ward at 164 to make it a contest. I think That's a. Sensible and b. A compliment to Ward.

Wanted Froch at 164, err 166, err, 168, "Focusing on 160" when Ward was brought up
    Dunno about the "err, err" business. he wanted Froch at 168 and Froch duly retired to avoid him and 3 days AFTER he retired posted pictures of himself on social media saying "too big for GGG!" take the fucking fight then. Again, GGG was happy to fight Froch at 168 because he knew he would beat him . Ward? different Story.

Wanted Mayweather at 154 "focusing on 160" when Ward was brought up
    Again, He's humble enough to realize that these are/were the 2 finest fighters on the planet, and to make it competitive, this is what would need to happen. Anyway, who never wanted Mayweather? at one time , Hopkins AND WARD "wanted" Mayweather and wanted him to go to 160! Surely that is more pathetic? Fucking hell, Ward won't budge and inch for GGG but will go down to 160 for Mayweather ffs.

Said they were not big enough of a name yet for Ward, later said they were too big a name. They had to get an even deal "we just want 50/50 from him"

When 50/50 was offered Loeffler said "we think it should wait until after Lemieux and after Canelo because we can get better than 50/50"
    Meanwhile all this "talk" was happening whilst Ward hadn't had a meaningful fight in 3 years! How the fuck did he mange to even keep his titles for so long without worthwile defences? [/QUOTE]
    Fuck it, decided to dig it up after all. Funnily enough , you didn't reply , I assumed that meant you agreed, otherwise you would've replied.................wouldn't you?
    Check the thread if you like.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch is done. Too old and inactive and technically limited against a fighter at his best and never close to losing? Nah.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's not going to put those new railings and conk on the chopping block is he?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After that flawless nose job there is no way froch returns..he made his mind up when he all that work done and he is already very rich.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    After that flawless nose job there is no way froch returns..he made his mind up when he all that work done and he is already very rich.
    I agree it's such a nice nose I mean you would not want to ruin his good looks. In all honesty he may be well off but the offer of more money could be very tempting one never no's does one.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

What will be gained?

Massive Bragging rights for a start plus about £15 Million for each fighter and about £20 Million for Eddie Hearn
    Or maybe Frank Warren

Thread Information