Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nick Blackwell rushed to hospital after falling ill after a sparring session

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I don't understand why he was sparring, but I hope he makes a full recovery and decides to use the gym only as a means of working out. No need to take any risks like that when there is no longer any money to be made in it. I get that people have pride, but that can only take you so far. Stay home and watch the telly, it's not so bad.
    Sound advice Miles and Merry Christmas to you.
    Thank you, Hulk. Have a good one too. JFAT alliance for life! James Toney would eat a Fury in a bap any Christmas morning.
    Well said. James Toney had more talent in one man boob than the Furys have in their whole combined bodies. JFAT 4 LIFE.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nick Blackwell rushed to hospital after falling ill after a sparring session

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    That's kind of the point of this place...
    Well the fighting talk is secondary to our white supremacist views but yeah I get what you are saying
    HAha
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nick Blackwell rushed to hospital after falling ill after a sparring session

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    That's kind of the point of this place...
    Well the fighting talk is secondary to our white supremacist views but yeah I get what you are saying
    HAha
    God is Black. Proof is when you get knocked cold after a good beating of up to a minute or more or die. People when they come back say I saw God, he was everywhere I was everything.

Yeah join the club,Ive seen it; the black matter out like a light club.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is an interview on IFLTV with Gary Locket and Liam Williams from a few days ago where they seem to be saying these sparring sessions Nick has been having were going on for a little while.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    There is an interview on IFLTV with Gary Locket and Liam Williams from a few days ago where they seem to be saying these sparring sessions Nick has been having were going on for a little while.
    That would be madness if it is true. Russian Roulette.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well if it's true Blackwell had been extremely stupid your family can stand by you because they love you.
    Look past the love he has been really stupid to try and box again after a brain injury.
    I can see the love of the sport but to fuck yourself up after a second chance of LIFE reckless.
    How much damage has been done will he make a full recovery I hope he recovers he's been a stupid lad.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nick Blackwell 'unable to walk' due to sparring session injuries - and remains a year away from full recovery

Former British boxer Nick Blackwell is unable to walk after being injured in a sparring session - and remains a year away from a full recovery.

The former British middleweight champion was forced to retire last year after suffering severe head injuries in a fight with Chris Eubank Jr.

However, he took part in a sparring session in November which left him in a coma.

Blackwell's condition is said to be improving - although he has been told he faces a long road to recovery.

The 26-year-old requires another operation to replace part of his skull that was removed.

A hearing into the sparring section, which was unsanctioned, will be held on Wednesday with the British Boxing Board of Control wanting Blackwell to attend.

However, it has been confirmed he is not well enough to do so.

Meanwhile, Blackwell's former trainer Gary Lockett believes the fighter got back in the ring because he was unable to let go.

"We thought that was all going very well and while we knew Nick missed boxing, we obviously didn't realise the extent to which he missed it," Lockett told BBC.

"Nick has been a fool for what he has done, but we won't stop caring about him because of that and everyone is behind him with his recovery."

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The trainer and fighter involved in the sparring session that left Nick Blackwell in hospital are to appeal against the punishments handed down by the British Boxing Board of Control.
    Trainer Liam Wilkins had his licence withdrawn and light-heavyweight Hasan Karkardi was given a six-month suspension after the incident.

On what grounds can they possibly appeal this?

"Oh we were unaware of him being in a coma months before?"

Liam Wilkins and Hasan Karkardi to appeal Nick Blackwell sparring ruling

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They will appeal on the grounds that the decision is too harsh and will want it halved, is the normal process.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a pair of pricks! The boxer is a sex pest anyway! Good riddance, ban the both for life!

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sometimes fighters can be to brave or stupid for their own good , fighters like Blackwell needs to be protected.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you know what, to be fair to the fighter and trainer banned they have both stayed silent during the who process

I bet they could have made a bit selling the story

and I cant see any way they can be innocent but they deserve to tell their side of the story don't they?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    you know what, to be fair to the fighter and trainer banned they have both stayed silent during the who process

I bet they could have made a bit selling the story

and I cant see any way they can be innocent but they deserve to tell their side of the story don't they?
    No! It's plain and simple. They don't take ALL the blame , Blackwell obviously has to take the lions share of that, but I think they've been let off lightly.
    And I don't think they should get any credit because they haven't sold their story.
    1. Because If they had, it would've probably put them in an even worse light
    2. Because nobody is gonna pay much money for it, we know the story, it is what it is.
    3. Who knows? They might still sell their story.
    Nah, I agree with @ross on this one.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did we ever hear anymore about gutknecht? you know the dude that Groves beat up, he was in a coma following their fight but I never heard anymore after that.

Anyone got any idea?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did we ever hear anymore about gutknecht? you know the dude that Groves beat up, he was in a coma following their fight but I never heard anymore after that.

Anyone got any idea?
    I heard something fairly recently that he was still in a comma

month ago maybe

obviously that's the shittest update of all time, but its the best ive got
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information