https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxin...fter-his-coma/

Silly lad, some people just can't walk away but jesus I thought he would have enough sense not to get back in the ring

NICK BLACKWELL is in a “stable condition” in hospital after being injured during a sparring session earlier this week.
But it emerged last night that his love of boxing had lured him to lace up his gloves again — with disastrous consequences.

Robert Smith, general secretary of the BBBofC, told SunSport: “I understand he was sparring, fell ill, was taken to hospital and then underwent a procedure.

“I don’t know exactly what the procedure was, other than the fact they tried to relieve pressure on the brain and he’s now in a stable condition. That’s all I know.”
He added: "I'm sickened by it. It's a very tough sport and the doctors here did a wonderful job to save his life. The doctors at hospital saved his life and kept him going.

"He made remarkable recovery and for somebody to go and do what he's done, for what I thought was a very sensible young man, is just beyond belief."