Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you rank Vasyl Lomachenko P4P?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Where do you rank Vasyl Lomachenko P4P?

Do you consider him an elite fighter?

I have him at #3.

I think he's clearly in the top 5.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where do you rank Vasyl Lomachenko P4P?

I'd say 3 or 4...

1 or 2 is ward or kovalev, I think they are pretty equal so it doesnt matter which way round you have either
    then lomachenko or crawford just behind them.

Great win for lomachenko he just doesnt have the victories against the top guys yet to justify number 1 a few more and he could be p4p number 1 in my opinion.

although looking at the rings top 10 p4p list there are some great fighters there, golovkin, gonzalez and so on, it's hard to pick a list right now
    Last edited by palmerq; 11-28-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great foot work, punch selection, work rate, good power and nice on the eye, p4p for me top 3 a few more fights then no1 can't really fault him.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

P4p is getting tough to call. Chocolatito is still really good, but kovalev and ward both showed how legit they were. Loma just did too. GGG to me is falling a bit because others are just surpassing him. Then Crawford is on the outside looking in. If I had to say though, I would say number 4 after kovalev, ward, and chocolatito.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talent is as clear as day but need to see more against some adversity. p4p is very much a marketing tool and in addition to skill there is a reason 8 of the current 10 are HBO fighters. Just like them pitching Loma vs Crawford .

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think peoples lists are crazy. Chocolatito, Loma and Rigo are far far better than Ward or Kovalev. Granted they are right at the top but there is a big gap between the top 3 and Ward/Kovalev.

And each is multiple weight champions. It's not like they are unproven. Maybe they don't get quite the stage but they are better. And better is what P4P should be.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lomachenko is leaps above Ward or Kovalev in terms of skill. I would have those two in the lower part of the top 10 and Lomachenko towards the top. He has a sublime skillset. His movement is poetry, he can throw punches in bunches, and doesn't get hit too much. Ward and Kovalev look like dinosaurs by comparison which is what happens when fighters get bigger, but Lomachenko is obviously one of the best.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Errol Spence is going to crack that P4P list soon.Crawford is excellent himself.Anthony Joshua could be in the P4P top 10 soon as well. He needs to fight better opposition though.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I especially hate posting about it due to my silly username I agree with Ron though, the term is supposed to mean who is the best fighter, in terms of technical ability and physical gifts relative to their size, and I have his same top 3. When people say someone doesn't have the wins to be ahead of someone they are clearly better than, it makes the discussion a bit silly. Loma currently has no possible way of surpassing Ward by that measure, because nobody within a reasonable weight of him is as worthy as some of the guys Ward beat years ago. It's a bit hazy when you have a guy who is coming up and truly untested, I get that also, so I agree Spence maybe can't be in the top 5 for now, even though I'm fairly sure he will be whenever he gets a big fight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma could very well be headed toward ATG territory. But I have a problem talking p4p about someone with 9 professional fights.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SKill wise, he's wayyy above every other fighter still active at the moment, save perhaps for GGG who's some special kind of beast too. 2 gold medals, world championship after 3 bouts... that's something very impressive, especially because he's quite active. Before saying he's no 1 though, I'd like to see him active against 2 or 3 other top boxers but the kid has mad talent and he can't be written off the top 5 p4p at the moment and he's very well nearing the top 1 or 2.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I think peoples lists are crazy. Chocolatito, Loma and Rigo are far far better than Ward or Kovalev. Granted they are right at the top but there is a big gap between the top 3 and Ward/Kovalev.

And each is multiple weight champions. It's not like they are unproven. Maybe they don't get quite the stage but they are better. And better is what P4P should be.
    Ward was my number 1b a few years back with mayweather. The only reason I didn't have him above mayweather was because he never lost it. Ward in the top few best fighters that I've watched for the past 15 years.

He has declined a little but showed against kovalev that he is still really good. No other guy on your top 3 has moved up in weight to fight anyone anywhere near the level of kovalev.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Ward was my number 1b a few years back with mayweather. The only reason I didn't have him above mayweather was because he never lost it. Ward in the top few best fighters that I've watched for the past 15 years.

He has declined a little but showed against kovalev that he is still really good. No other guy on your top 3 has moved up in weight to fight anyone anywhere near the level of kovalev.
    Chocolatito has won titles in 4 divisions. He's already fighting people far bigger than him.

I give Ward respect for moving up to fight Kovalev but 3 out of 4 people think he lost. How you perform matters. Loma isn't turning a boxing match into a tussle because he's getting pounded when he tries to box. Nobody wants to box with Rigo. Chocolatito doesn't need to use tricks, he'll just throw 1000 punches always with perfect balance, perfect timing, perfect selection from perfect positioning.

4 years ago the gap would be closer, but Ward was never as good as these guys. These guys are special.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those guys are special but so was ward. Rigo actually didn't really start impressing until after the donaire fight. Also, he has to fight more to rank him that high. Loma is good but he is probably three wins away from the top spot. Chocolatito moved up a lot of weight classes but in reality it isnt much weight. Also, those weight classes lack as much talent.

I rank kovalev number 1. Then ward. Kovalev has been absolutely dominant and against good competition.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of the guys mentioned, there are two that are busy and dominant: Chocolatito and GGG. Crowd-pleasers, too.
    Kovalev is a notch below, the bad fight judging notwithstanding.
    Ward is too inactive, and is riding the coat tails of the Super Six. When he does engage, he fouls too much.
    Loma had an illustrious amateur career, but with 9 wins I'm not ready to concede p4p status yet.

Thread Information