Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Groves gets a 4th Shot!

http://www.boxingscene.com/george-gr...rdered--111493
    Now I know people are gonna say "he's chinny" , "he's a bottler and a choker" and he doesn't deserve it, but I like Groves and although you make your luck, he just hasn't had the rub of the green. Fine lines.
    Here's another of my "Special" predictions: Groves beats Chudinov, Smith beats the winner of Jack/DeGale, and Groves and Smith fight either in a Stadium summer Blockbuster or this time next year!
    Mind you, I haven't a clue who wins that one!! If I had to choose, and it would be with no certainty whatsoever, I would use my "Skill overcomes Power" motto and plump for Groves!
    Come on then, call me a fucking idiot!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Groves gets a 4th Shot!

Idiot.

I think Groves wins too but he faces Degale, which would be very poetic.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Idiot.

The DeGale/Jack winner is Mandated to fight Smith and Matchroom won't step aside. Are you saying DeGale beats Jack,Smith and then fights Groves? And who wins between Groves and DeGale?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No qualms from me, Groves is a good fighter and if he wins and seeks to unify, that's decent viewing. Whether he deserves it or not is fairly insignificant, he'll sell enough to be thrown around for unification fights, so be it. Don't think I've ever actually seen Chudinov, super middle is pretty dire at the moment so who cares, lets just see some action.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Idiot.

The DeGale/Jack winner is Mandated to fight Smith and Matchroom won't step aside. Are you saying DeGale beats Jack,Smith and then fights Groves? And who wins between Groves and DeGale?
    Yes to the above and Groves beats De gale again.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Groves wins it, I've always thought he's a bit of a prick but fairs, fair, he's paid his dues. It's got decision written all over it. Chudinov is a hard cunt and will keep coming all night long, but Groves is by far the classier and should be able to control him.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I hope Groves wins it, I've always thought he's a bit of a prick but fairs, fair, he's paid his dues. It's got decision written all over it. Chudinov is a hard cunt and will keep coming all night long, but Groves is by far the classier and should be able to control him.
    In short, even Groves can't mess this one up.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Groves is a nice guy I remember talking to him in the M E N believe it or not. They are determined to make him a Champ it seems.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He deserves the shot

1-unfairly/at the very least controversialy stopped against froch
    2-KTFO by a cracking punch which would have leveled many a fighter, hr was on top at the time
    3-close fight I had him winning

He hasn't been outclassed in any of his championship fights, yeah he looks like he has stamina issues when it gets into the later rounds but I have certainly seen worse world champs (especially in today's climate) and he seems like he marches to his own beat,he was with channel 5,box nation and sky but has never allowed himself to be tied down to one promoter.

I hope he gets the belt and I think he will.

P.s he does come across as a bit of a cunt and he is mates with David Haye so I should really dislike him immensely

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is also a Chelsea fan so I should hate him too but just rate Groves because he is funny, great jab and good boxer.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George Groves says the injuries sustained by Eduard Gutknecht in their super-middleweight bout will haunt him until he retires from boxing.

Briton Groves beat Gutknecht on points in December and the German was taken to hospital with a bleed on the brain.

Gutknecht's wife Julia revealed in April that the 34-year-old was not able to walk or talk.

"Selfishly, while I'm still fighting I'm always going to struggle with his situation," Groves told 5 live boxing.

"It's a horrible thing. I struggle with it, my wife struggles with it."

In her interview in Germany, Gutknecht's wife said he had made "little progress" and had also had "several strokes".

She explained the right hemisphere of his brain - which controls the left side of the body - is "almost completely damaged" and she also highlighted her battle to finance home care.

Groves, who visited Gutknecht in hospital, said he had not seen him since the German left the UK.

"It's very distressing," the 29-year-old said. "We don't know if his situation will deteriorate or if anything will happen.

"We feel for him, his wife, kids and family. It's horrible."

London-born Groves has not fought since that bout but will go for his first world title when he meets Russian Fedor Chudinov at Bramall Lane in Sheffield on 27 May.

The contest is part of the undercard as Britain's Kell Brook, who is from Sheffield, defends his IBF world welterweight title against American Errol Spence Jr and will be Groves' fourth attempt at winning a world crown.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/39834817

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was gonna say what @Master has posted regarding Groves last fight, Gutknecht is pretty much a vegetable after suffering brain damage in their last fight, he can't walk or talk and the entire left side of his body barely works and is showing no signs of ever working again.<br>Is this gonna effect Groves mentally especially against a fighter like Chudinov who will just keep coming at him relentlessly to the point where Groves will have to beat him and beat him exactly like he did Gutknecht in order to win.<br>Hope Groves can hold it together and win because to be fair he deserves a world title

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I was gonna say what @Master has posted regarding Groves last fight, Gutknecht is pretty much a vegetable after suffering brain damage in their last fight, he can't walk or talk and the entire left side of his body barely works and is showing no signs of ever working again.<br>Is this gonna effect Groves mentally especially against a fighter like Chudinov who will just keep coming at him relentlessly to the point where Groves will have to beat him and beat him exactly like he did Gutknecht in order to win.<br>Hope Groves can hold it together and win because to be fair he deserves a world title
    All exactly as I see it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'd be a real shame if Groves is no longer the same fighter and won't go for the kill when against Chudinov he most likely will be dragged into the deep end, could be the complete opposite though and Groves gets on his toes, uses his brilliant jab and boxes his head off and gets a points win.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also like Groves. I thought the 1st Froch fight was stopped early and the 2nd he went down hard and fell awkwardly with his leg bent back. The ref stopped it but I thought he could have beat the count. I thought Jack had moved to 175? I think I'm the only one on the forum picking Chudinov to win but I'll be happy if Groves can finally get everything to align.

Thread Information