Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Chisora vs Whyte FOTY Candidate?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chisora vs Whyte FOTY Candidate?

I was leaning towards Salido vs. Vargas as 2016 FOTY that was until I saw the Chizz vs. Whyte bout last night.... The best heavyweight fight I've seen in years... These two warriors trading punches in a phone booth round after round showing great chins as both guys had their way at times during the fight.... One of those fights where it sucks somebody had to lose although I don't think the loss damages Chisora's chances to get another big fight down the road one bit..... Bravo to the Brits!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chisora vs Whyte FOTY Candidate?

Whyte does not want a rematch, I do not blame him either.

It is amazing how strong hate can make you perform against your opponent.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man what a fight. Hats off to both. It was the main event. It pissed on everything. The thing which gets fight fans off their seats is a purely gladiatorial battle of body, mind and soul and an almost demented desire to win in which both boxers put it all on the line and go way beyond the point where most would quit.

It's amazing the dark places to which the human spirit will take a man, when two boxers refuse to bend to the will of the other.

I thought that despite all the hype and B.S before the fight that it would inevitably lead to a shocker. I couldn’t have been more wrong. That was something special. I feel like I’ve been given an early Christmas present.

Chisora is one of those fighters who is a good measuring stick of other HW's. Perennial loser but a boxer better than his resume suggests (Martin Murray is another example) Only the best at HW have beaten DC decisively. Fury & Vitali put on a clinic. Haye displayed his seminal power against him and Helenius got exposed. Pulev showed he is a clever fighter & better than his Klitscko performance suggests.

Chisora alongside Sakio Bika and Martin Murray are measurements fighters.

Whyte showed he is basically at the level I suspected (Chisora level)

Although Whyte won the battle. I felt Chisora won the war. Whyte was seriously hurt on a few occasions and Chisora didn't have enough to put him away. If ever there was a draw, that was it. I thought Chisora overall but didn't score round by round. So not going to argue with the result.

Two closely matched men punching each other to a standstill. Everything I love about boxing happened in this fight. That's all I have to say.

Awesome.

Last edited by denilson200; 12-12-2016 at 05:46 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That picture is amazing
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This one lived up to the pre-fight hype. Now either warrior could provide Ortiz with the opportunity he needs to force a title fight, assuming he could beat either one—not a safe assumption.

Their barnburner on the same Manchester card as Joshua-Molina and Ortiz-Allen has Fight of the Year possibilities, as these two promised and more than delivered the goods in a grueling 12 rounds that featured constant switches in momentum. Chisora mounted a determined assault in the early rounds but the bout exploded in the fifth round as “Del-Boy “Chisora almost downed his bitter rival with some hammering shots and “The Body Snatcher” came back with his own huge artillery. This back-and–forth round should be a candidate for Round of the Year.

Both men were wobbled, exhausted and bleeding from the mouth but continued to club one another with power punches that had the large crowd up and roaring. In the end, Whyte won the thriller with scores of 115-113 and 115-114. The third judge had it 115-114 for Chisora. Clearly, this non-stop brawl could have gone the other way as both men reached down deep and gave their all-- and both embraced at the end as they had earned the respect of one another. Did it steal the show at the Manchester Arena in Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom?* Manifestly. Was it the Fight of the Year? Quite possibly. Was it something special? Absolutely.

Here is what Jeff Powell of the Mail Online said in his post-fight report: “A week of brawling obscenity ended in epic redemption for the two baddest men in heavyweight prizefighting?.Dillian Whye and Dereck Chisora channelled all their vexation and hatred of each other into a heavyweight fight of such savage magnificence that we have rarely seen its like before?After the dust cart of table and microphone chucking, a Lord Mayor’s Show of pugilism so heroic that the 21,000 crowd in the Manchester Arena went from booing their entrance to roaring them out of the ring.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a hell of a fight a fight of the year and HW to boot.
    Both boxers showing grit and determination extremely entertaining pity one had to loose.
    What a fight brilliant MMA eat your heart out that's why I love boxing.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For fringe level fights yes.

That is the only fight that could have been scored 119-109 either way and you couldn't complain much!

Great showing !!
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Thread Information