Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  46
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Poll: What will his legacy be?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What will Clinch-ko's legacy be?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What will Clinch-ko's legacy be?

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    SALTY

"The only thing I'd add is that to me, the main reason behind the excessive clinching and leaning his body on people was his huge fear of getting his fragile chin brushed by the wind of an opponent's punch."

Yeah as opposed to those heavyweights who just allow themselves to be hit flush over and over and over again.....yeah THOSE guys stick around in the sport, THEY make a name for themselves

Dude was going to be "the next big thing"....and what did I tell you? HE GETS HIT TOO FUCKING MUCH

Ah yes..........

Because as we all know those are the only two fucking choices:

1. Spend all 12 rounds flinching at every punch and using whatever means (legal or not) available to avoid the vapor trail of the opponent's punches, lest that chin shatter into a billion pieces. Fans be damned... I just want my check and to get the hell outta here. I'll clinch, maul, grapple, or throw a punch per decade as I did against the Gypsy King.

2. Put your chin out there (a la Mayorga) to be hit like a birthday piñata, so I can show everyone how macho I am.

Well, Bob....... which will it be?? Is it Door # 1? Or Door # 2?

Pleeeease..... that's beneath you, isn't it? Reducing every issue to either pitch black or lily white? Shame on you.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Ah yes..........

1. Spend all 12 rounds flinching at every punch and using whatever means (legal or not) available to avoid the vapor trail of the opponent's punches, lest that chin shatter into a billion pieces. Fans be damned... I just want my check and to get the hell outta here. I'll clinch, maul, grapple, or throw a punch per decade as I did against the Gypsy King.

2. Put your chin out there (a la Mayorga) to be hit like a birthday piñata, so I can show everyone how macho I am.

Pleeeease..... that's beneath you, isn't it? Reducing every issue to either pitch black or lily white? Shame on you.

What is the purpose of the sport of boxing TitoFan? Why is it called "The Sweet Science"? Even guys like Mike Tyson who were very aggressive in the ring always attempted to.....AVOID BEING HIT.

It doesn't matter what you look like when you win, the key is at the end of the fight you win, and therefore you look like a......WINNER....thank you for your participation in this debate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah yes..........

What is the purpose of the sport of boxing TitoFan? Why is it called "The Sweet Science"? Even guys like Mike Tyson who were very aggressive in the ring always attempted to.....AVOID BEING HIT.

It doesn't matter what you look like when you win, the key is at the end of the fight you win, and therefore you look like a......WINNER....thank you for your participation in this debate

By comparing Wlad to Iron Mike you have just fallen flat on your face.

I'll indulge you. Mike attempted to AVOID BEING HIT while still managing to make a fight out of it. Not by clinching, not by mauling, not by having a deer in the headlights look whenever a flurry came at him.... but by being AGGRESSIVE HIMSELF, which by the way, is the REAL purpose of the sport.

I'll give you a short multiple choice quiz. The purpose of the sport of boxing is:

a) To hit the other guy.
    b) To avoid getting hit.

You can only choose one answer.
    What did you say?

WRONG. It's to hit the other guy. If you can do so while avoiding getting hit... all the more power to you. But if all you've done the entire fight is avoid getting hit..... guess what. YOU FUCKING LOST!!!

Besides, there's another sport more suited for that. It's called Dancing with the Stars.

It's amazing that you can sit there and.... with a straight face..... defend a guy who broke all kinds of world records for inactivity during his stinker of a fight versus the Gypsy King. But that's what being a blind fan does to a guy.

You're welcome.

El Kabong Guest

I'm not comparing Wlad and Tyson, I used Mike Tyson as an example that the SPORT (the entire sport, all of it, from the shoes to the gum shield) is about HITTING and not being hit in return.

That is Boxing 101 and since you have failed.... repeatedly to comprehend that, I'm afraid I will have to hold you back a year.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah yes..... Boxing 101. Here's what Wlad got out of the course:

the SPORT (the entire sport, all of it, from the shoes to the gum shield) is about HITTING and not being hit in return.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"German engineering".....so is that a jab at Klitschko using steroids for which he has NEVER tested positive for? That what that is?

OH and just how fucking often must I say this...."IF THE REF DOESN'T CALL IT A FOUL, IT'S NOT A FOUL" doesn't matter what sport it is, doesn't matter what happened, doesn't fucking matter.....Allow me to show you EXHIBIT FUCKING A for this

Roberto Duran wins by KO with a punch to the nuts

The last part you're just salty about a guy winning his way....."but but but but"....shut up and win the fucking fight and if you can't then just shut up. I didn't like John Ruiz, but the dude won and you can't take it away from him. I don't like Floyd Mayweather Jr. but he won fights and you can't take it away from him.

Get this through your skull, fighters bend the rules ALL THE TIME: Holyfield headbutts, Hopkins headbutts, Tyson elbows, Rocky would hit you anywhere at any time...on the canvas he'd crack you there too, have a problem with holding Muhammad Ali held all the fucking time.....oh but see that was different he gloated and hot dogged when he held, that's different
    He's never tested positive because he's never truly been tested

And it's true many fighters have bent the rules at times, but the difference is they never made a career out of doing it!

I've followed boxing for 20 years, some people reading this have probably followed for much longer... have you ever heard someone say "Mike Tyson only KO'd all those guys because of elbows" or "Holyfield was only champion because of headbutts".

I'm sure you can find Wlad rounds where he's clinched over 20 times in a single round!

We can argue semantics, but at the end of the day facts are facts: when you have a HW champion who fights like a coward with no honor, who's hugging fighters like he's a shopping mall Santa Claus, people tune out in LARGE numbers!

People would rather visit their in-laws than watch Clinch-ko fart around the ring for 12 rounds

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Punches landed by Wlad during the fight: 139
    Clinches initiated by Wlad during the fight: over 180

But you go ahead and show us pictures of Magomed in order to make your asinine point.

El Kabong Guest

But you go ahead and show us pictures of Magomed in order to make your asinine point.
    The Ref did what? The Ref called what?

Nothing? Nothing? Oh ok, thanks for answering your own question

Disturbed by where Mago is in life right now? Well perhaps he should have been......AVOIDING PUNCHES....but I digress I mean look at Riddick Bowe, he's doing great. Joe Frazier lost an eye boxing, Ali got Parkinson's from getting smacked in the head too often, but yes, please tell me more about their bravery in the ring and how in their lives AFTER boxing getting punched in the head helped them deal with life.

OOOOH OOOOH I want CTE!!!!!! I mean I could be an average boxer but if I get CTE at least I can be like my heroes!
    Last edited by El Kabong; 12-14-2016 at 06:59 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Matter of fact, is it too late to change my vote from "Good HW champ" to "Overrated clinching steroid head"?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    He's never tested positive because he's never truly been tested

And it's true many fighters have bent the rules at times, but the difference is they never made a career out of doing it!

I've followed boxing for 20 years, some people reading this have probably followed for much longer... have you ever heard someone say "Mike Tyson only KO'd all those guys because of elbows" or "Holyfield was only champion because of headbutts".

I'm sure you can find Wlad rounds where he's clinched over 20 times in a single round!

We can argue semantics, but at the end of the day facts are facts: when you have a HW champion who fights like a coward with no honor, who's hugging fighters like he's a shopping mall Santa Claus, people tune out in LARGE numbers!

People would rather visit their in-laws than watch Clinch-ko fart around the ring for 12 rounds
    ....well obviously he's never been tested and this is coming from an authority on drug testing

Blah blah blah, yes they fucking have and you know damn well they have.

So Wlad was ONLY champ because of the holding? That's your premise?

Did you mean to say people "tune out" or "TURN out" because if you look at the arenas Wlad sold out he had quite a lot of fans show up to his fights......quite a lot. 12.26 million television viewers in Germany for his bout vs Jean Marc Mormeck...I guess the in-laws had RTL

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More clinches than punches landed? That's incredible!

So that's average 15 clinches a round, 5 a minute... every 12 seconds he's grabbing for a clinch!

And we wonder why nobody cared about the HW division during his run!

El Kabong Guest

Matter of fact, is it too late to change my vote from "Good HW champ" to "Overrated clinching steroid head"?
    Go right on ahead. Your vote is better than your fucking reasoning....you don't like the guy just say you don't like him. I don't like Floyd I never knock his skill. But when it comes to Wlad that is all you lot do. Fucking whine on you crazy diamond

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....well obviously he's never been tested and this is coming from an authority on drug testing

Blah blah blah, yes they fucking have and you know damn well they have.

So Wlad was ONLY champ because of the holding? That's your premise?

Did you mean to say people "tune out" or "TURN out" because if you look at the arenas Wlad sold out he had quite a lot of fans show up to his fights......quite a lot. 12.26 million television viewers in Germany for his bout vs Jean Marc Mormeck...I guess the in-laws had RTL
    I honestly believe that if Wlad was not allowed to hug every 12 seconds without penalty, he would have gotten knocked out several times during his run.

He would have been a champ because he is big, skilled and fueled by "German sports science" but he sure as hell wouldn't have gridlocked the HW division for so long.

And drug testing has been a joke in boxing for a long time. If you've never been tested by USADA, you haven't been drug tested. The "tests" that Wlad did are little more than a formality.

It's true Wlad never failed a drug test... but then again, neither did Lance Armstrong! So I'm sure he's clean too... oh wait!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    I honestly believe that if Wlad was not allowed to hug every 12 seconds without penalty, he would have gotten knocked out several times during his run.

He would have been a champ because he is big, skilled and fueled by "German sports science" but he sure as hell wouldn't have gridlocked the HW division for so long.

And drug testing has been a joke in boxing for a long time. If you've never been tested by USADA, you haven't been drug tested. The "tests" that Wlad did are little more than a formality.

It's true Wlad never failed a drug test... but then again, neither did Lance Armstrong! So I'm sure he's clean too... oh wait!
    1. OK, by who. Who showed up really ready to fight Wlad...I mean FIGHT him not just land a lucky shot, I mean who was ready to take what Wlad was throwing in order to get to him? Names please.

2. FUCK OFF with the bullshit "German Sports Science" nonsense....he has yet to this very fucking day to test positive, he's taken all the tests everyone else has taken. You're just butthurt with that excuse.

3. Drug testing caught Tyson Fury...that's a joke? And on Cocaine too! How fucking dumb....nevermind I'm just not even going to go there with Fury

4. Wlad is Lance Armstrong?!?! Evidence Or is this more of a witch hunt because you don't like the guy?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. OK, by who. Who showed up really ready to fight Wlad...I mean FIGHT him not just land a lucky shot, I mean who was ready to take what Wlad was throwing in order to get to him? Names please.

2. FUCK OFF with the bullshit "German Sports Science" nonsense....he has yet to this very fucking day to test positive, he's taken all the tests everyone else has taken. You're just butthurt with that excuse.

3. Drug testing caught Tyson Fury...that's a joke? And on Cocaine too! How fucking dumb....nevermind I'm just not even going to go there with Fury

4. Wlad is Lance Armstrong?!?! Evidence Or is this more of a witch hunt because you don't like the guy?
    1. A lot of guys showed up to "fight", the problem is that Wlad showed up to "hug". I think he would have been KO'd by a couple of those guys if he wasn't allowed to grab and hug the entire fight.

2. Again, those tests are just a formality. It's not being butt hurt, it's the truth. Again, Lance Armstrong.

3. Yes, and what test caught Tyson Fury? Traditional tests? Nope, VADA random testing caught Fury. Klitschko, to his credit, passed under VADA for that fight, but spent the rest of his career doing useless traditional drug tests where the athlete knows exactly when they are going to be tested.

Hmmmmm... come to think of it, the first time Wlad was under VADA random testing just so happened to be the worst performance of his career... coincidence??

4. I never said Wlad was Lance Armstrong. In reality, Wlad's juicing most likely puts Lance's to shame! I'm simply pointing out the lapse in your logic where you point to the fact that Wlad hasn't pissed hot as proof-positive he never took anything, yet there are dozens of examples of athletes who cheated their whole careers and never got caught, taking the same kinds of tests Wlad did!

Thread Information