Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  46
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Poll: What will his legacy be?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What will Clinch-ko's legacy be?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: What will Clinch-ko's legacy be?

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Ah yes..... Boxing 101. Here's what Wlad got out of the course:

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    the SPORT (the entire sport, all of it, from the shoes to the gum shield) is about HITTING and not being hit in return.
    Yeah the 53 KO's were just fighters getting exhausted and laying down for a rest....I do expect better from you, I don't know why I do after stupid posts like that but I expect better.

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    1. A lot of guys showed up to "fight", the problem is that Wlad showed up to "hug". I think he would have been KO'd by a couple of those guys if he wasn't allowed to grab and hug the entire fight.

2. Again, those tests are just a formality. It's not being butt hurt, it's the truth. Again, Lance Armstrong.

3. Yes, and what test caught Tyson Fury? Traditional tests? Nope, VADA random testing caught Fury. Klitschko, to his credit, passed under VADA for that fight, but spent the rest of his career doing useless traditional drug tests where the athlete knows exactly when they are going to be tested.

Hmmmmm... come to think of it, the first time Wlad was under VADA random testing just so happened to be the worst performance of his career... coincidence??

4. I never said Wlad was Lance Armstrong. In reality, Wlad's juicing most likely puts Lance's to shame! I'm simply pointing out the lapse in your logic where you point to the fact that Wlad hasn't pissed hot as proof-positive he never took anything, yet there are dozens of examples of athletes who cheated their whole careers and never got caught, taking the same kinds of tests Wlad did!
    1. So you don't have ANY names, 0, none, nada, zilch, zip....he's only had 68 fights, take your time sweetheart maybe you can think REAL hard about it

2. Alright, so if Wlad can use steroids and be one of the best heavyweights of all-time (which statistically he very much is) then why wouldn't another fighter do the same thing? I'll go a little further, Lance Armstrong, horrible as he is as a human, won those 7 Tour De France's....was he the ONLY guy cheating? If he wasn't the ONLY guy cheating, then why couldn't another cheater beat him? Fair is fair, if Wlad is ducking the tests (he's not) then why aren't other fighters following suit?

3. Hold up hold up, did you say "Klitschko, to his credit, passed under VADA"....because that seems to poke a few holes in your theory of him being a steroids cheat

4. Sorry all I got from that is "B-b-b-but I don't understand how he wins".....bless your heart

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. So you don't have ANY names, 0, none, nada, zilch, zip....he's only had 68 fights, take your time sweetheart maybe you can think REAL hard about it

2. Alright, so if Wlad can use steroids and be one of the best heavyweights of all-time (which statistically he very much is) then why wouldn't another fighter do the same thing? I'll go a little further, Lance Armstrong, horrible as he is as a human, won those 7 Tour De France's....was he the ONLY guy cheating? If he wasn't the ONLY guy cheating, then why couldn't another cheater beat him? Fair is fair, if Wlad is ducking the tests (he's not) then why aren't other fighters following suit?

3. Hold up hold up, did you say "Klitschko, to his credit, passed under VADA"....because that seems to poke a few holes in your theory of him being a steroids cheat

4. Sorry all I got from that is "B-b-b-but I don't understand how he wins".....bless your heart
    1. I think Povetkin would have knocked his ass out if he wasn't forced to carry Wlad's roided frame for 12 rounds. There's probably others who would have one-punched him over the years. He should have been DQ'd in several others. There's no excuse for 180 clinches.

2. It seems like you haven't done your research on PEDs. Top of the line quality PEDs do not come cheap, and a guy with the money that Wlad does has access to substances that the average athlete does not. Maybe you should read up about BALCO and other designer steroid labs and educate yourself before you talk about this!

3. Along with researching PED's, I would advise you to read entire posts before you comment on them. If you had, you wouldn't have missed the part about that being the ONLY FIGHT in Wlad's 68 fight career where he faced legit random drug testing, and how "COINCIDENTALLY" it was the worst performance in his career!

4. All I got from YOUR post is "you eviscerated my weak logic, I have no comeback so I'll play dumb."

You have the attention span to sit through a Wlad fight, but not enough attention span to read 40 words? Damn bro.

Great deal! lmao

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The clear best of a very bad bunch in a very bad era. His size alone would have made him a difficult opponent for any heavyweight from any era. But in terms of actual skill/ability/talent, despite being fundamentally very good, i don't think he's in any danger of cracking the top 10. Without his height/reach advantage he is essentially a fairly gun-shy, average fighter. Tyson Fury basically proved Wlad's level once his physical advantages were taken away for a fight.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

El Kabong Guest

1. I think Povetkin would have knocked his ass out if he wasn't forced to carry Wlad's roided frame for 12 rounds. There's probably others who would have one-punched him over the years. He should have been DQ'd in several others. There's no excuse for 180 clinches.

2. It seems like you haven't done your research on PEDs. Top of the line quality PEDs do not come cheap, and a guy with the money that Wlad does has access to substances that the average athlete does not. Maybe you should read up about BALCO and other designer steroid labs and educate yourself before you talk about this!

3. Along with researching PED's, I would advise you to read entire posts before you comment on them. If you had, you wouldn't have missed the part about that being the ONLY FIGHT in Wlad's 68 fight career where he faced legit random drug testing, and how "COINCIDENTALLY" it was the worst performance in his career!

4. All I got from YOUR post is "you eviscerated my weak logic, I have no comeback so I'll play dumb."

You have the attention span to sit through a Wlad fight, but not enough attention span to read 40 words? Damn bro.

Great deal! lmao
    1. OOOH gooody gumdrops, one name. Aaaaaaand it's Povetkin who....hate to break this to you https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...oned-meldonium tested positive for steroids. Wlad also fought Povetkin IN Povetkin's backyard and Wlad scored 4 knockdowns on Povetkin.

2. Oh I'm sorry I thought Wlad didn't have the eyes on him and no fans were watching him and if that WAS the case like YOU say it is, then where does Wlad get the money? I mean nobody wants to see him fight right?

3. There's a smidge more to that fight than random drug testing, but I suppose if your logic holds true then Wlad won't perform well vs Anthony Joshua, so I guess we'll see if your logic holds true won't we? Also if Wlad was on the gear and then off the gear for the Fury fight then why couldn't Fury knock Wlad out? Wouldn't that have happened? You say Wlad is roided out and yet he's "afraid to get hit" which doesn't really jive with steroid use from what I can tell....if Wlad was on roids and then vs Fury he was off of them (like you ASSume) then I would have figured Fury would have KO'd him....but what do I know only been watching the guy fight for what decades?

4. You ASSume Wlad takes drugs because Wlad is in shape and Wlad wins....so therefore he must take drugs. BRILLIANT!

Oh look hooked on phonics....that for attention spans? Then great you cocked up your own joke too twat waffle

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clinch-ko landed a grand total of 52 punches in the Fury fight. That means that the heavyweight champion of the world managed to land a punch roughly every 42 seconds. Forty-two fucking seconds in between landed punches! Time enough to get up and make yourself a sandwich or take a piss. And yet Lyle is going balls out defending this poor excuse of a heavyweight champion. The Povetkin fight shows Wlad initiating way more clinches than punches, but Lyle's defense is that the ref didn't call them... a weak-ass excuse when it's there in vivid color for the world to see. Rewatching the tape, it's disgusting to watch Wlad practically throwing his body on top of Povetkin's back over and over and over and over again. But the ref didn't call it, so that means Wlad fought a "great fight" and we should all be thankful to the great champion.

I wanted so bad for Fury to KTFO Wlad.... and had to settle for a decision in what had to be the lousiest heavyweight title fight in the history of boxing. And there's been some doosies. Wlad-Povetkin, Wlad-Haye, Wlad-Sultan........ see a pattern anyone?

The heavyweight division was on life support, and most of the world is glad Wlad's out of the picture.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh look hooked on phonics....that for attention spans?
    For reading Because you seem to need help!

And yes, Anthony Joshua is going to knock the hell out of Wlad. And I'm not even sold on Joshua yet, but I know he'll make mince meat out of the huggy bear!

There have been many new species discovered in 2016 - Phyllopteryx dewysea, Homo naledi, Lasiognathus dinema, etc.

But I will have to alert scientists that I've made an even greater discovery - an American Wladimir Clinch-ko fan!

I shall call this new species Homo Wladnuthuggerus. Species walks upright, an omnivore, and when cornered or threatened will viciously defend Wladimir Klitschko!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A Good HW Champ...with Great Skills... sorta like Larry Holmes... but in a downside of the HW division.

If Wlad had his run in the early to mid-90's, as if Holmes had his run in the pre-75 era of Lyle, Frazier, PRIME Norton, PRIME Ali, Foreman, Bonavena, etc, etc... it would be a different story.

Wlad beating the likes of a PRIME Lennox, Ibeabuchi, Tua, Evander, Moorer (yes, Moorer), Mercer, Morrison and guys of that ilk, seems very, VERY unlikely.

jmo....
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Oh look hooked on phonics....that for attention spans?
    For reading Because you seem to need help!

And yes, Anthony Joshua is going to knock the hell out of Wlad. And I'm not even sold on Joshua yet, but I know he'll make mince meat out of the huggy bear!

There have been many new species discovered in 2016 - Phyllopteryx dewysea, Homo naledi, Lasiognathus dinema, etc.

But I will have to alert scientists that I've made an even greater discovery - an American Wladimir Clinch-ko fan!

I shall call this new species Homo Wladnuthuggerus. Species walks upright, an omnivore, and when cornered or threatened will viciously defend Wladimir Klitschko!

....if only there was some kind of performance enhancing drug for your humor....pity there isn't, I know it'd take a fucking garden of pot to even get a smile out of me from that horseshit you just posted.

Those jokes of yours should have been loaded onto the Enola Gay and dropped on Hiroshima

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always give the same reasoning and here it is.

It is no coincidence that wlad started dominating the division once most of the Lewis era HWs retired (or were very rapidly declining). He came up at the perfect time and got with the right trainer at the perfect time to dominate the division.

Don't forget that he lost or had trouble with very mediocre opponents.

I won't get into the Ross purity loss because I'll give him a break that it was early in his career.

He got destroyed by Sanders who never did much as a HW. He was hardly a named fighter when they fought. Williamson was robbed a decision against wlad and even knocked him down with a jab during the fight. Wlad was just lucky it was stopped early because he looked awful in that fight.

Sam Peter was another HW who was pretty bad but was just pushed to be a great fighter. Wlad got knocked down multiple times by someone who couldn't knock out a middleweight.

He then found his bread and butter and started finally having real success. He beat the fighters in front of him easily, but by that time, his opponents were all trash. That's why I said he hit his stride at the right time. So yes, he is a good fighter but he only started to dominate once all of the decent fighters retired. I won't get into the fury fight either because we all know what happened.

Maybe the biggest thing though is that his brother was always the better fighter so wlad was really only the best HW in the world for a few years. If they weren't brothers and actually fought, the whole wlad thing would have ended years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think all of this powerpuncher talk might be wasted anyway.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Amen, brother. Seems we agree on many boxing opinions. The only thing I'd add is that to me, the main reason behind the excessive clinching and leaning his body on people was his huge fear of getting his fragile chin brushed by the wind of an opponent's punch. In retrospect, those KTFO losses early in his career were probably the worst thing that could happen to the HW division, as it shaped the boring reign that came soon after.

I voted "Good HW", because there wasn't an option for Top 20 All-Time. Top 10, IMO, he is NOT.
    SALTY

"The only thing I'd add is that to me, the main reason behind the excessive clinching and leaning his body on people was his huge fear of getting his fragile chin brushed by the wind of an opponent's punch."

Yeah as opposed to those heavyweights who just allow themselves to be hit flush over and over and over again.....yeah THOSE guys stick around in the sport, THEY make a name for themselves

Dude was going to be "the next big thing"....and what did I tell you? HE GETS HIT TOO FUCKING MUCH
    pretty untasteful post

but I think you miss the point too

wlad klit is doing the right thing, hes winning fights and getting hit as little as possible, he doesn't care how he fights, the german/eastern European fans would love him if he sat still in the ring for 12 rounds

the thread is about him being good enough to be in the top 10 of all time

I personally think that question is very hard to answer because it didn't matter where he fought, as he generated so much money for so many people he was allowed to "fight" in what ever way he wanted

holding and leaning is against the rules and his style was based on holding and leaning, punching was secondary

if the boxing rules were followed then who knows how good he would have been, I personally think he would have lost his championship long before he did
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....if only there was some kind of performance enhancing drug for your humor....pity there isn't, I know it'd take a fucking garden of pot to even get a smile out of me from that horseshit you just posted.

Those jokes of yours should have been loaded onto the Enola Gay and dropped on Hiroshima
    Judging from your posts, the only thing you laugh at are jokes against women, liberals and Clinton

You're a very angry fellow... maybe you should start smoking pot, it might take the edge off!

There's more to life than just Clinch-ko fights and getting angry at women and lefties!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    pretty untasteful post

wlad klit is doing the right thing, hes winning fights and getting hit as little as possible, he doesn't care how he fights, the german/eastern European fans would love him if he sat still in the ring for 12 rounds

I personally think that question is very hard to answer because it didn't matter where he fought, as he generated so much money for so many people he was allowed to "fight" in what ever way he wanted

holding and leaning is against the rules and his style was based on holding and leaning, punching was secondary

if the boxing rules were followed then who knows how good he would have been, I personally think he would have lost his championship long before he did
    "Untasteful" isn't a word, "distasteful" or "in poor taste" would have worked, but I get the idea. Now here's the deal, with everyone saying Wlad has a glass chin, Wlad can't take a punch, etc had he fought in a manner which people wanted him to fight. They wanted him to fight like Holyfield or Bowe, give up the height, give up the reach, don't pay as close of attention to defense....odds are that Wlad or any boxer for that matter could end up like Mago or like Riddick Bowe. Boxing is a very dangerous sport so these calls of "Klitschko is a coward, Klitschko is afraid" etc are rich considering what can and has happened to other boxers.

Statistically he's more than qualified to be top 10 all time, and out of his boxing peers they would almost all agree, the majority would say he has been an all-time great champion...but you're entitled to your opinion and at least you wrote it out a lot better than most.

Judging from your posts, the only thing you laugh at are jokes against women, liberals and Clinton

You're a very angry fellow... maybe you should start smoking pot, it might take the edge off!

There's more to life than just Clinch-ko fights and getting angry at women and lefties!
    I'm not angry....I do smoke pot....try another joke, go on....amuse me, make me laugh clown

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    pretty untasteful post

"Untasteful" isn't a word, "distasteful" or "in poor taste" would have worked, but I get the idea. Now here's the deal, with everyone saying Wlad has a glass chin, Wlad can't take a punch, etc had he fought in a manner which people wanted him to fight. They wanted him to fight like Holyfield or Bowe, give up the height, give up the reach, don't pay as close of attention to defense....odds are that Wlad or any boxer for that matter could end up like Mago or like Riddick Bowe. Boxing is a very dangerous sport so these calls of "Klitschko is a coward, Klitschko is afraid" etc are rich considering what can and has happened to other boxers.

Statistically he's more than qualified to be top 10 all time, and out of his boxing peers they would almost all agree, the majority would say he has been an all-time great champion...but you're entitled to your opinion and at least you wrote it out a lot better than most.

I'm not angry....I do smoke pot....try another joke, go on....amuse me, make me laugh clown
    paying close attention to defense is one thing

basing your style on holding is a totally different scenario

Mayweather was defensive, unpleasant to watch but boxes within the rules

Wlad is defensive, unpleasant to watch and uses tactics that are against the rules
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmmm... a joke that would make you laugh... hmmm...

What do you say to a woman with a black eye?

Thread Information