Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Eubank Jrs fight on ITV isn't terrible.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Eubank Jrs fight on ITV isn't terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    I feel like people are misunderstanding me.

I never said it was a good ppv.
    No, but you said it wasn't terrible, which is trying to justify it. Well as a PPV, it is terrible. The matchup is fine , but the fight is no more than a decent undercard fight on a non PPV bill.
    And then you said "perhaps the 1st one should be free", which is a bit of an oxymoron. If it was free it wouldn't be a PPV , it would be just another fight on ITV.
    Firstly lookup the definition of oxymoron it's brilliantly terrible.

Secondly yes they should show a few free shows and make people see that they have a decent product before charging for it.
    oxymoron

a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g. faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).
    So I might not be an Oxbridge graduate, but "Free PPV" fits the bill in my book, but if I'm wrong I apologise.
    And besides, your idea is flawed because technically the Carl Frampton fight against the poor guy who died the other day was the first free PPV . So they've already had the old "try before you buy."
    You accused people of misunderstanding you, but you're misunderstanding them. The fight is ok, but the PPV aspect is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No longer listed on boxrec. Could be for any number of reasons but no one would be surprised if it was off.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    No longer listed on boxrec. Could be for any number of reasons but no one would be surprised if it was off.
    Maybe Quinlan's team had a long list of ridiculous demands like, an actual fee, being somewhere on the poster, having at least one of the Eubanks turn up for the presser, not having to wear jodphurs and a monocle even for a promo video, allowing the corner man to speak to his boxer, etc
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank Jr is shameless this fight is a insult to Boxing fans.!
    A PPV the opponent he seems to spout shit like his old man I for one have found it to be tiresome.
    In the beginning it was entertaining now he's just ridiculous.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was free on channel 5 so I tolerated it but to pay for this "entertainment" you must be joking.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a good interview from Chris Eubank senior on radio which was good to listen.

BBC iPlayer - HARDtalk - Chris Eubank

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is a good interview from Chris Eubank senior on radio which was good to listen.

When you said it was worth a listen , I thought I'd have a look. Fair play, what a complete Cunt Eubank is.
    I'm getting a bit bored with his drivel and complete stupidity. The guy is full of shit and there is nothing more cringeworthy than somebody stupid who thinks they're intelligent.
    He actually said and I rewound it "life expectancy nowadays is 100 years old." And "boxing needs me!" Silly cunt!
    I ain't never gonna get that half hour back.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My point was that he is so up himself he can not see how much he contradicts himself and ends up looking so foolish.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

When you said it was worth a listen , I thought I'd have a look. Fair play, what a complete Cunt Eubank is.
    I'm getting a bit bored with his drivel and complete stupidity. The guy is full of shit and there is nothing more cringeworthy than somebody stupid who thinks they're intelligent.
    He actually said and I rewound it "life expectancy nowadays is 100 years old." And "boxing needs me!" Silly cunt!
    I ain't never gonna get that half hour back.
    Ha! I got as for as "My fear is for the opponents and that includes Golovkin himself" What a pompous deluded idiot the man is. It's still all about him and that amount of vanity and self preening is beyond tiresome. It's quite disrespectful to the art of boxing itself, their opponents and the fans to carry on with such a charade. I hope the PPV bombs and that they make a huge financial loss. If your own arrogance and self importance has you turning down the opportunity to make a huge financial and professional legacy for yourself in one, fight then you deserve to end up scraping for pennies. There are so many talented fighters who down to lack of resources, geographical location, bad matchmaking and so on that never get those opportunities it sickens me. On top of that you have to factor in the luck factor which Jr does not need whilst sitting on the tailcoats of his Dad. He didn't need to slug it out in small shows and risk himself against someone from the next rung up in order to grab peoples attention. He had that attention from the start. While it may also be a royal pain in the arse it's not like he has learnt by looking at his old man and thinking 'Hang on a minute I don't need this strutting peacock rubbish I can do my talking in the ring, he has embraced it and mimicks the same rubbish himself.

Heres hoping Quinlan gets lucky and sparks him
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz you are right. I have tried to defend him but this really shows me he is clueless and will carry on regardless thinking he is right. I hope he does not damage his son during his process of his son's fame.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank Jr is a talented but his dilutions of grandeur is his father.
    The both have played the public it is a great pity they never put there brains into gear before there mouth.
    Yes Boxing is the entertainment businesses but it's not WWE the Eubanks are show men but how long before the show has run its course hopefully not to long.
    Shit we may not like promoter's imagine working with those two idiots hard-work indeed.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank Jnr has the skills and asshole to be a legendary warrior like his dad..... no questioning that, problem is he simply doesn't have that brutal 1 punch KO power.
    It's so deceiving watching him fight because when he goes on the attack and seriously lets his hands go the punches look massive and like they should put people to sleep but they just don't and these are British/Euro level fighters in his last 5-6 fights (Barring BJS) that he can't put away

Saying that im 100% sure you'd have to put him on a stretcher before he'll stop fighting.

Wonder if he'll have more Power at Super Middle?
    Last edited by smashup; 12-25-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn says the same as Warren about the Eubanks.... Liars, impossible to work with etc etc.....
    Fact is Saunders v Canelo is pretty much gonna happen in 2017 and after Saunders loses i can see a BJS v Eubank rematch sooner or later down the line on BT Sports.

Whatever happens either Warren or Hearn are gonna have to work with the Eubanks again at some point because if Eubank keeps winning/improving he'll be fighting for a World title sooner or later

I actually feel for Eubank Jnr and wish his dad would just fuck off and do what Nigel is doing with Connor Benn and let the kid make his own way and get on with it just like they did!

Father Eubank is holding his son back bigtime
    Last edited by smashup; 12-25-2016 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never understood how anyone could not think Eubank sr was an imbecile, cringe worthy is spot on, he's about as bad as people get for it imo.

Thread Information