Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Haye to Join Frank Warren/Boxnation/BT Sport after the Bellew fight..?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default David Haye to Join Frank Warren/Boxnation/BT Sport after the Bellew fight..?

I've heard this rumour a lot lately.

Haye will be a free agent after the Bellew fight and it's apparently a done deal that Warren wants him to spearhead the new BT Sport deal in 2017.

Pretty sure this will happen too as Hayes not exactly on good terms with Eddie Hearn/Matchroom

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye to Join Frank Warren/Boxnation/BT Sport after the Bellew fight..?

David Haye rises to #1 in WBO ranks, Joe Parker title shot looms

David Haye rises to #1 in WBO ranks, Joe Parker title shot looms | World Boxing News

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye to Join Frank Warren/Boxnation/BT Sport after the Bellew fight..?

I'd still like to see Haye in the best fights available to him, not sure if this increases the likelihood or not. I think he'd beat Parker almost certainly, so based on his recent history he's likely to go that route if he is going to challenge for a title. If he doesn't fight AJ(assuming he beats Wlad) soon, the chances of it happening or him having much chance to win keep getting slimmer. I'd call him fighting Wilder or Ortiz more or less pick ems, Dillian Whyte he'd probably beat so that's another likely scenario.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I'd still like to see Haye in the best fights available to him, not sure if this increases the likelihood or not. I think he'd beat Parker almost certainly, so based on his recent history he's likely to go that route if he is going to challenge for a title. If he doesn't fight AJ(assuming he beats Wlad) soon, the chances of it happening or him having much chance to win keep getting slimmer. I'd call him fighting Wilder or Ortiz more or less pick ems, Dillian Whyte he'd probably beat so that's another likely scenario.
    I guess Haye is scared from AJ

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

quite clearly scared if he is signing for a rival promoter
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who/what will he be a free agent from? He promotes/manages himself doesn't he? Unless he's tied into a deal with Dave or Nick Jnr?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That means Haye will fight and beat Bellew and Parker to win WBO title and AJ fights and beats Wlad and Ortiz for 2017.

No AJ v Haye fight in 2017 which will suit Haye as he will get smashed by AJ when the times come but Haye would have made some retirement funds by then.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That means Haye will fight and beat Bellew and Parker to win WBO title and AJ fights and beats Wlad and Ortiz for 2017.

No AJ v Haye fight in 2017 which will suit Haye as he will get smashed by AJ when the times come but Haye would have made some retirement funds by then.
    Do you honestly believe AJ beats Haye right now ?

I'd be rooting for AJ but make Haye a very strong favourite despite his inactivity
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Do you honestly believe AJ beats Haye right now ?

I'd be rooting for AJ but make Haye a very strong favourite despite his inactivity
    Haye is too small for the super heavyweights of today and his dismal effort against Wlad illustrates that really well.

If Haye was super confident he would have gone all guns blazing for AJ but Haye knows that he can not beat AJ. Haye has a punchers chance but AJ will not allow him near him with his height and jab.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People think Warren has an unhealthy hold over the WBO.

Now, Im not one to perpetuate rumours. But within an hour of Smash posting that Haye 'might' join Warren, he shoots to the top of the rankings without having to lace up. Coincidence?

Personally, I'd be mildly impressed if Haye could beat Parker. Parker's no great shakes but he's young, strong, athletic and likely to take Haye into the ass end of a fight. No doubting his ability to chin people early. I think now, he falls apart late in a fight, it's a vegan thing.
    Last edited by Master; 12-21-2016 at 11:03 PM.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is a cunt, that is all

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Yes but a clever and conniving cunt at that.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Yes but a clever and conniving cunt at that.
    Yep I'll give him that - knows how to milk us
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    People think Warren has an unhealthy hold over the WBO.

Now, Im not one to perpetuate rumours. But within an hour of Smash posting that Haye 'might' join Warren, he shoots to the top of the rankings without having to lace up. Coincidence?

Personally, I'd be mildly impressed if Haye could beat Parker. Parker's no great shakes but he's young, strong, athletic and likely to take Haye into the ass end of a fight. No doubting his ability to chin people early. I think now, he falls apart late in a fight, it's a vegan thing.

The Warren Boxing Organisation as it's know

I'm racking my brain trying to think of how it is possible that Haye can be ranked Number 1 by anyone?

How is it possible

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is after the best money for the least danger. He weighs things up, and he would fight AJ , but it needs to be for big money. Because he knows after that, it's the end of the gravy train.
    So if Hearn doesn't want him to fight AJ, he'd consider getting into bed with Warren, especially if it leads to a shot at Parker, which is undeniably winnable.
    But Warren is no mug. He gets Haye on Board, Haye gets a title, he makes him ( through his mates at the WBO) defend against Hughie Fury, who he also promotes, and that becomes a win-win for Warren. If Hughie wins, he's used Haye to full capacity. If Haye wins, despite what Tyson Fury says, there's a massive money spinner between Haye and Tyson Fury.
    So everybody wins, except in my opinion Boxing, because if all that happens, we still no fuck all about how good any of them actually are.

Thread Information