Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Demarcus "Chop Chop" Corley Still fighting and winning

Fuck not heard his name in years!!
    I worked ringside for this very website when Junior Witter beat him on points and won the title in London back in 2006

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Fuck not heard his name in years!!I worked ringside for this very website when Junior Witter beat him on points and won the title in London back in 2006
    Damn that Junior Witter...lol

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    Cotto was a little bull back then, would have loved to see Cotto/Floyd at 140, but of course Floyd waited until Cotto was past his prime before he dared get in the ring with him.
    Floyd picked out Gatti rather than Kostya or Cotto at 140lb because that was the real challenge. Floyd, even cried like a girl when he won the title against the B level fighter he classed himself.
    Sickening.

This was a time when you had Kostya, Cotto AND Hatton at 140, and who does he fight? Arturo Gatti.

TBE indeed.
    Yes, Hatton beat Kostya and Cotto moved up after struggling at the weight. An ATG would have fought the best.
    Yes and decent people would recount the events honestly. But this is boxing so we have to read horse shit lies.

At 140 Cottos people when approached said "we are not interested in a Mayweather fight right now".

But don't let the truth get in your way. Tell your stories.

Uhh... yeah............ you put it in quote marks, so it must be true.

Let's deal in real facts instead. It was Mayweather who mysteriously and inexplicably "retired" right around the time that a fantastic, profitable fight against Cotto would've made all kinds of sense. Floyd stayed out for 2 years of his prime, only to come back and fight the woefully undersized Juan Manuel Marquez in a fight none of us boxing fans ever understood. Then let's not forget the long, drawn-out, frustrating-as-hell negotiations to fight Manny Pacquiao who, although everyone likes to float around the theory that the fight not being made was all Pacquiao's fault, in reality it was just another long, drawn-out bout of chess playing and cold calculating by Floyd.

Meanwhile, you've got a Miguel Cotto who fought everyone and everybody. He fought Margarito when no one else wanted a piece of him. He suffered his loss at the hands of a cheater, robbing Cotto of a few precious peak years, and to his credit he came back from that and added to his brilliant career.

Comments gotten from another boxing forum and putting quote marks around them don't make them facts.
    No, being facts makes them facts. Cottos people straight admitted it. I'm not taking a dig at Cotto, he started his career very difficult. I'm in no way saying he was a ducker or any crap like that. You are talking about a competely different time. Floyd retired at 147, I'm taking about 140. If you don't know what I'm talking about don't comment on it. I'm not talking I like this guy so I will say this. It was reported because it happened, they said they weren't looking at a Mayweather fight then. Their words, not mine.

It's hard to find articles that old but I came across this poll and discussion because what I said was very well known

www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193010

Everyone discusses whether Cotto should have accepted the fight or declined as they did. Because it happened. Not because I said it happened. Because it factually happened. I don't put anything in quotes that isn't true. Nice attempt to discredit me though. Except you will find I deal in facts.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 12-25-2016 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Cotto was a little bull back then, would have loved to see Cotto/Floyd at 140, but of course Floyd waited until Cotto was past his prime before he dared get in the ring with him.
    Floyd picked out Gatti rather than Kostya or Cotto at 140lb because that was the real challenge. Floyd, even cried like a girl when he won the title against the B level fighter he classed himself.
    Sickening.

This was a time when you had Kostya, Cotto AND Hatton at 140, and who does he fight? Arturo Gatti.

TBE indeed.
    Yes, Hatton beat Kostya and Cotto moved up after struggling at the weight. An ATG would have fought the best.
    Yes and decent people would recount the events honestly. But this is boxing so we have to read horse shit lies.

At 140 Cottos people when approached said "we are not interested in a Mayweather fight right now".

But don't let the truth get in your way. Tell your stories.

Uhh... yeah............ you put it in quote marks, so it must be true.

Let's deal in real facts instead. It was Mayweather who mysteriously and inexplicably "retired" right around the time that a fantastic, profitable fight against Cotto would've made all kinds of sense. Floyd stayed out for 2 years of his prime, only to come back and fight the woefully undersized Juan Manuel Marquez in a fight none of us boxing fans ever understood. Then let's not forget the long, drawn-out, frustrating-as-hell negotiations to fight Manny Pacquiao who, although everyone likes to float around the theory that the fight not being made was all Pacquiao's fault, in reality it was just another long, drawn-out bout of chess playing and cold calculating by Floyd.

Meanwhile, you've got a Miguel Cotto who fought everyone and everybody. He fought Margarito when no one else wanted a piece of him. He suffered his loss at the hands of a cheater, robbing Cotto of a few precious peak years, and to his credit he came back from that and added to his brilliant career.

Comments gotten from another boxing forum and putting quote marks around them don't make them facts.
    No, being facts makes them facts. Cottos people straight admitted it. I'm not taking a dig at Cotto, he started his career very difficult. I'm in no way saying he was a ducker or any crap like that. You are talking about a competely different time. Floyd retired at 147, I'm taking about 140. If you don't know what I'm talking about don't comment on it. I'm not talking I like this guy so I will say this. It was reported because it happened, they said they weren't looking at a Mayweather fight then. Their words, not mine.

It's hard to find articles that old but I came across this poll and discussion because what I said was very well known

Should Cotto have turned down the Mayweather offer back at 140? - Boxing Forum

Everyone discusses whether Cotto should have accepted the fight or declined as they did. Because it happened. Not because I said it happened. Because it factually happened. I don't put anything in quotes that isn't true. Nice attempt to discredit me though. Except you will find I deal in facts.

You obviously went the "Cotto ducked Mayweather" route, so between you and me, let's cut the bull. Every other news story has quotes, articles, pictures, whatever it takes to back them up. But we get to see your references to a forum poll?? You put the "we are not interested in a Mayweather fight right now" in quote marks which of course makes it sound like a direct quote from someone in Cotto's camp. Were you there? Did you reference a credible article containing an exact quote? Not trying to be picky here, but you obviously sent your message, if not in the exact words. If something like that was said, is there anything in your post or quote that explains the context? Not important, right? Listen bud, not trying to pick a fight here.... but strong opinions need a little accountability behind them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sickening.

TBE indeed.
    Actually Kosta chose to fight Hatton over Floyd so Floyd took a title eliminator (if I recall correctly) against Gatti who was on an absolute hot streak going into that fight.
    Had you been following the sport at the time, you would know this was common knowledge. Not to mention that Gatti was the name being brought up that would beat Mayweather because of his power and chin.
    At that point in his career, the Gatti fight was far and away the most marketable fight Floyd had. Not the most difficult by any means, but the biggest "event."

You should educate yourself on such matters as opposed to popping off at the mouth because you're salty that Mayweather whipped on your favorite fighters.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Oscar De la Hoya ducked Chop Chop for years, he would have had an identity crisis in the ring.
    I wonder if DLH has an app on his phone to order fishnet stockings anywhere in the world with a single click?
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[An ugly ass picture of Oscar in full fishnets was here, but removed due to Inappropriate Content.]

"I don't always wear fishnet tights. But when I do.... I shop at Nordstrom."
    Last edited by TitoFan; 12-27-2016 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why did you put that photo up? that is NSF anyone to see.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oops..... my bad. Feel free to trash the post.

(Never mind... I fixed it).
    Last edited by TitoFan; 12-27-2016 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Too late I have seen it now and I think I need some counselling to get that image out of my mid. What was he thinking?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information