Amanda Nunes Defended her title in style what you guys say about it

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Rowdy's" Career Finished in 48 seconds

You have been warned about putting MMA is boxing threads. One more time and you will be banned.

Happy new year Kevin.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You have been warned about putting MMA is boxing threads. One more time and you will be banned.

Happy new year Kevin.
    Bit harsh. Happy New Year Kevin.
    Btw, Rhonda Rousey is a twat and so is ODLH For putting her on the front of "The Ring" magazine.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ronda Rousey would beat up Floyd Mayweather.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd say she is brave, as I quite respect anyone who gets in a ring to fight.

But it is instructive that she was the biggest star in MMA, making millions per fight ..... while being horrendously flawed as a fighter.

She is a total judoka, who depended utterly on her submission game. Her total inability to do anything other than stumbling forward and getting hit in the face was quite shocking. Her panic and desperation to get inside was also very amateur, and she has - twice - had no answer to a fighter who simply took a half step back and countered her.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I'd say she is brave, as I quite respect anyone who gets in a ring to fight.

But it is instructive that she was the biggest star in MMA, making millions per fight ..... while being horrendously flawed as a fighter.

She is a total judoka, who depended utterly on her submission game. Her total inability to do anything other than stumbling forward and getting hit in the face was quite shocking. Her panic and desperation to get inside was also very amateur, and she has - twice - had no answer to a fighter who simply took a half step back and countered her.
    To be fair Manny Pacquiao had no answer for that either and he was boxer of the decade.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

She was mentally destroyed by her loss to Holly Holm. She hid away from the world for a year. Then coming back, she stipulated that she wasn't going to do any media or talk to anyone. Not very professional when you are the main event!

And what a disgrace that she was on the cover of Ring magazine. The girl has no boxing skill whatsoever!

http://i.imgur.com/RTxI0fx.mp4

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

48 seconds and she got how much money?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    She was mentally destroyed by her loss to Holly Holm. She hid away from the world for a year. Then coming back, she stipulated that she wasn't going to do any media or talk to anyone. Not very professional when you are the main event!

And what a disgrace that she was on the cover of Ring magazine. The girl has no boxing skill whatsoever!

That was pretty sad and painful to watch. She needs a real boxing coach, like Freddie Roach, who will teach her all the basic things she needs to get. That's if she decides to come back, of course.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

She got 3$million

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post

That was pretty sad and painful to watch. She needs a real boxing coach, like Freddie Roach, who will teach her all the basic things she needs to get. That's if she decides to come back, of course.
    No way, she is 29 years old. That's much too late to try and actually learn how to box professionally.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kevin View Post
    She got 3$million
    I think she was the real winner of the contest.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

$3 million is the purse disclosed to the commision, thats minus PPV money I believe. I'd get my head punched in for 48 seconds for that dough, good work Ronda.

I dont really watch MMA to be honest but the circus that surrounds Rousey and McGregor is unavoidable. Say what you like about the woman, she was/is a pioneer of womens fighting and deserves huge respect. All of this 'told you she was shit all along' bollocks is written by people that never have and never will be anything, total cunts.

She was seriously successful in a sport called mixed martial art where she only knew one.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before RR there was Gina Carano who was the MMA darling before losing to Cyborg. Media don't care unless they can market you a wank fodder. Carano and Cyborg did more for real fighters. RR can take her chubby wart face and bad attitude and go home.

El Kabong Guest

I think people are being a bit hard on old "Help Me" Ronda....was she pushed as "wank fodder" yes I'm absolutely sure of it. Are male fighters/boxers not pushed as sex objects? Maybe male fighters see that as more of a perk of being a good fighter. Promoting-wise it's a good idea because you want to incite a reaction from the audience/potential audience you want people giving emotion to what you are selling it doesn't matter if the fighter is loved, hated, or feared it's the passion of the fans that puts $$$$ in the bank.

Ronda got big cash and if you're Nunes maybe you're salty about being the champ and getting less cash right now, but you must know that because Ronda set that bar where it is right now, the future could hold even bigger money for you if you play your cards right and if you're able to draw in the fans.

Ronda is/was limited as a fighter as was Gina Carano...those "dolls" the pretty gals who fight (I really don't get into that whole deal....something about the eyes/eyebrows being all scar tissued up and cauliflower ears I don't find appealing, but that's just me) those gals put asses in the seats for the real badass fighters (whom I wouldn't want to walk past in a dark alley). Those gals are pinatas for the more hardcore fighters.

Missy did/would you say the same about Laila Ali? She never fought Ann Wolfe...had she I'm willing to bet she'd have been found to be just like Gina and Ronda.

Thread Information